1. eNewsletter Sign Up

3rd Annual Soggy Bottom Motofest- Port Matilda, PA, July 26-28 2019

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by JJBucksnort, Jan 16, 2019.

1. motoglenn

motoglenn motoglenn

Oddometer:
    are these rides via gps tracks, route sheet, follow the leader, or all the above? I,m interested, but want to know how we're navigating.

thanks
  2. Dirt Roads

Dirt Roads Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Another question... What do I need to bring for the bunk house accommodation? Pillow, sheets, blanket? Doilies?
  3. ADVer

ADVer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I

I believe that the GPS routes (A or B) will be available for upload at the registration desk - in fact someone will assist you with the transfer
  4. Racer111v

Racer111v Long timer

Oddometer:
    Is there Thursday night camping, or do l need to find some other place close by?
  5. eddie bolted

eddie bolted BOING!!! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Not that it’s important or that it matters but what is the Band name and what kind of music?
  6. rotorhead511

rotorhead511 Live and let live.

Oddometer:
  7. maxx rs4

maxx rs4 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Myself and another will also be coming in Thursday night to set up camp. See you all there!
    ejm4 likes this.
  8. Wood1

Wood1 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Turn that down.

:rofl
    eddie bolted likes this.
  9. eddie bolted

eddie bolted BOING!!! Supporter

Oddometer:
    HOW ya DOIN!!!!!
    Wood1 likes this.
  10. JJBucksnort

JJBucksnort Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sorry everyone, been crazy last couple days getting ready! The band is a classic rock band (Big Daddy Bangers) and the routes are gps trax that will be loaded at registration into your gps. If you don’t have gps, we can share them via REVER or just jump in with a group. We have three sweep groups that you’re welcome to jump in with. I know this doesn’t help with the questions about night before camping, but yes there are 10 or so already here.
    eddie bolted, NJ-Bill and ejm4 like this.
  11. ADVer

ADVer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What a weekend!!
    Kudos to Josh and his crew.

Amazing challenging routes. Talk about sensory overload - we couldn’t even finish all the routes.

Superb organization and support for riders. All issues on the trail resolved ASAP. Josh interrupted his group’s ride to ensure a rider’s chain issue was fixed before proceeding with his ride. His crew was willing and available to assist riders in anyway they could. Tires changes available onsite- wow! Where do you get that?

The food was excellent- definitely above my expectations- I should have known better!
    Lodging and facilities were clean and comfortable.
    Thank you Godspeed family.

And then the weather- couldn’t have asked for anything better.

Looking forward to the next one!
    Thank you!

Jay and the Pittsburgh crew.
  12. ejm4

ejm4 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    X2 on what @ADVer posted.

For those who did not attend, I would suggest to keep an eye open for the 2020 event. The whole team at Kissel's put on an awesome event.

God Speed.jpeg SB19 Bridge.jpeg SB19 Intersection.jpeg SB19 Kissel Tent.jpeg God Speed Food Truck.jpeg SBGSAbridge.jpeg
    wmfleet2, drumdog and ADVer like this.
  13. JJBucksnort

Oddometer:

Thank you Jay for the great write up! We really appreciated you and the Pittsburgh crew being there! We worked hard to put on a great event and the growth we saw this year was really encouraging. Thank you very much for your support and see you at SB 2020!
    ADVer likes this.
  14. JJBucksnort

Oddometer:
    Thank you ejm for the positive feedback and we were very glad to have you there! We'll keep working hard to make it even better in the future and we look forward to having you again at SB 2020!
    wmfleet2 likes this.
  15. JJBucksnort

Oddometer:
    Well, what a fantastic weekend of riding! We had perfect weather (finally an unsoggy Soggy Bottom Motofest). On behalf of the entire staff of Kissell Motorsports/BMW Motorcycles of Tyrone, I would like to extend a heartfelt thank you to everyone that attended. We saw great growth over 2018 as we had 125 riders (up from 62) complete all or parts of the weekend rides.
    If you completed the entire weekend of "A" rides, you logged over 420 miles of predominantly off road riding. The Friday afternoon and Saturday morning rides were designed to be very challenging for big bikes and included lots of rocks, mud, ruts, sand, water, hill climbs and descents. We had a few bumps and bruises, plenty of wadded up bikes, but thankfully no serious injuries. Based on the feedback we've received via email, social media, this forum and in person, our riders absolutely loved and were up to the challenge!
    We had five catered meals, on site tire changes (with our hitch mounted Nomar tire changer, which incidentally worked great), four rides, BMW GS demo rides, live music, a BMW brand expert guest speaker and more! All of this was great, but pales in comparison to the generosity of the private land owners that
    allowed us unlimited access to their properties for the entire weekend. Our attendees were able to enjoy some of the best off road riding that Central PA has to offer, so if you are one of the land owners and read this forum, thank you very much!!
    Finally, if you were on the fence or were unable to attend for various reasons, keep the last weekend of July 2020 open! As long as there's interest, we'll continue to hold this event and look for ways to make it even better. If you did attend and were able to capture any cool pics, we'd love for you to post them on this thread as well as email them to josh@kissellmotorsports.com. I've selected a few pics to share that I feel capture the spirit of the event and hope you enjoy them. Thanks again to those that attended and from the entire staff of KMS/BMW Tyrone, we can't wait to do it again!

Sincerely,

Josh Nolten
    General Manager
    Kissell Motorsports & BMW Motorcycles of Tyrone

IMG_2834.jpg

IMG_2841.jpg IMG_2842.jpg IMG_2848.jpg IMG_2868.jpg IMG_2907.jpg IMG_2911.jpg IMG_2922.jpg IMG_2923.jpg IMG_2924.jpg IMG_2930.jpg IMG_2928.jpg IMG_2932.jpg IMG_2938.jpg IMG_2939.jpg IMG_2944.JPG IMG_2945.JPG IMG_2957.JPG

Attached Files:

NJ-Bill, Racer111v, ejm4 and 2 others like this.
  16. TrailRoad

TrailRoad bigger playground

Oddometer:
    Josh and all his helpers... well done. You can tell the effort and professionalism that went into the planning and delivery of this event. From food to facilities guest speakers, support vehicles and sneak peak at next years Klim gear. There was something for everyone. But all that would be wasted if the rides didn’t deliver... and boy did they!!! So yes special thanks to the private land owners and thanks to you for laying out great routes. I did ALL the A routes and was definitely challenged without killing myself. I don’t think I have ever done a single day ride that had rocky hill climbs, multiple water crossings, muddy two track power lines with GS swallowing gullies, beach sand and grass track all in the same day. I wish I had more pictures to share... but I lost my phone at the beginning of the Friday ride and didn’t get it back till near the end... too much fun Saturday to take pictures, so here’s one from the “road to nowhere “ on Sunday.
    Patrick (Hershey)
    IMG_6143.jpg
  17. JJBucksnort

Oddometer:

LOL that's awesome Patrick and sorry about that "little" GPS track issue on Sunday morning! I had caught it in my pre-ride but forgot to make the change. Oh well, I give you guys a ton of cred for going for it anyway! Glad you joined us and super happy to hear you enjoyed the entire event (especially the rides!). Hope to see you in 2020!
  18. Hidebound

Hidebound Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thank you for the awesome weekend adventure! It was great to go to an event that included routes for those of us who are just starting out riding dirt. Looking forward to next year!!
    JJBucksnort and ejm4 like this.
  19. Racer111v

Racer111v Long timer

Oddometer:
    So Josh, any 2020 date yet? Making my calendar up for the summer. :happay
  20. ADVer

ADVer Been here awhile

Oddometer:

IMG_1477.png
    Hidebound, Racer111v, ejm4 and 2 others like this.