4 corners and a float

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by Gusgus, Jul 28, 2007.

1. AKTroy

AKTroy BE AWARE OF TRAINS

Oddometer:
    :lurk
    How are things in Ca? Just had our first good snowfall of the winter here in Eagle River.
  2. com3

com3 Banned

Oddometer:
    ugh! sucks that we won't be able to meet up as hoped since i'm gonna be at the Pashnit Fall Gathering. :( :(

someday, don, we shall ride! :D
  3. Harry Swan

Harry Swan One more time

Oddometer:
    Well, I hope you decided on some family R&R that had nothing to do with fire and brimstone! We're wondering. Heading out for cooler cleaner climes would seem a good option at this point. Although, it's not too bad here in Hollywood except for the dust, ash and a little smoke, but the sunlight is weird yellow ... yuck indeed. If you're still around give us a call. Here until Monday....
    [​IMG] oh yeah, 323-469-4169
  4. Gusgus

Gusgus Banned

Oddometer:
    Yes Harry it is not healthy. I called you and when I didn't hear back I imagined you were assisting others evacuating or putting out fires. We were evacuated for about an hour. Never really left before it was canceled.

So another friend missed,, on my about America tour. SHUCKS!

Did you receive my messages? The INTERNET just never operated well in SoCal. It was the phone or nothing for me.

Com3 it seems our schedules just aren't going to work out either. There are others who have offered get togethers, and the wind, weather, fires, or my schedule have made it impossible to meet.

Aktroy,,,It seems SoCal is smoky, like more than normal. But we have officially left for our 2-up ride. This ride rocks, I am already envying your ride. This could be a great lifestyle, riding around America is a fantastic adventure. Yes Zac is keeping us updated about Alaska's snow. In Big Lake, we have 4 inches, and he said it is supposed to continue snowing? I guess we shall find cooler temps.:nod

Ruby,,,,Not going to make Redding. It is just far to inland since we are beach bums on this ride. The temps yesterday went from 95+ to 65 degrees in about 2 miles. We stopped and put on our jackets. Nice to have some cooler weather.

SanDiegoland, it was nice to meet you as well. Thanks for making the invite. I hoped you made it though the fire storm safely? Ride safe my friend.

Cooler,,I owe you a beverage for sure. Let me know your dates and we'll get set up for your arrival. Ride safe and we be seeing you.

Rest assured, the door at my home is always open for my friends. I thank you all for your selflessness and friendship. But traveling, we are.

At this time we are waking up in Pismo Beach, at a nice little beach front motel.

MaGus and I are riding up the coast as we had planned. The lane sharing wasn't as fun for her as it was for me. But she did get to experience it first hand.

Off for points northerly today. Maybe San Fransisco, maybe further. I guess we shall see.

My tales of the road will have to wait for more time. My riding schedule and my bride require my full attention. I'll talk to you all later.

Bearhawk, you are exactly correct. It has been a blast. More to come~!!!!!!

Ta Ta
    :ricky
  5. Ruby Doobie

Ruby Doobie AA Stepper

Oddometer:
    Hi, thanks for letting us know, we understand that your ride and bride are of the most importance. Boy, this trip couldn't of been more been adventureous for you. The snow,rain,tornadoes,and now the So-Cal fires you've seen it all.

Enjoy the rest of your trip my friend, we are hoping that someday we will come up and visit and revisit memoirs of the past.

May God Bless your family and the accomplishments you may have experience during this adventureous trip. :thumb

Be Safe, Keep smiling, and dance slow

Ruby Doobie (Ruben)
  6. Gusgus

Gusgus Banned

Oddometer:
    Thanks.
    We are in Santa Rosa.

[​IMG]

We have been lane sharing (splitting) all day. We even followed a California Highway Police Motorcycle Cop while he lane shared. It was so darned cool. But rest assured it is the most incredible adrenaline rush I have ever experienced. Hours of split second decision making, close calls and emergency speed changes. What a RUSH! MaGus was OK although not exactly calm about it. I hit the left hand guard on a car mirror, as the driver pulled towards us (presumably) closing the lane off from us. Well it cost him a banged up mirror. The Beemer was not damaged more than it had already been scraped up. Scratches are common on any bike I own.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The weather is cooling off. We are quite happy about that.

[​IMG]

Heading north in the morning. The Coastal Highway is so darned nice. The redwoods are a for sure ride, for tomorrow.

[​IMG]

Ta Ta

7. friar mike

friar mike IronButtGruver

Oddometer:
    Yep brings me back to my days in England man its Great ! but tame here you should try it in 5:00 M25 London traffic.:eek1 :eek1
  8. com3

com3 Banned

Oddometer:
    hahaha! welcome to CA! :p

my first day on a street bike ever was a trip from newark to san francisco by way of 880 > 80 in rush hour traffic...splitting lanes the whole time...

it was a rush back then. now it's just another day on the bike. everytime i ride into NV, i get super frustrated that lane splitting isn't legal there....but i do it anyways. :D it irritates me when i see bikes here in CA that aren't splitting. haha!

in fact, i prefer lane-split than to simply have an open freeway. *shrugs*
  9. legion

legion Honking the Horn

Oddometer:
    Lima, Peru. Rush hour.

Nobody cares about lanes and the diesel soot is so thick the bldgs are all charcoal color. Lift your visor and your face gets an oval black circle.

They'll squish you with the knowledge that it's your fault.

Glad to see you're having a great time and I hope Ma ain't getting too stressed over having to split. Hard to relax when you aren't the one behind bars, I'm sure. You're behind a very talented rider, Ma. It'll be fine.

Keep the story rolling, Gus. Ma got anything to say?
  10. Gusgus

Gusgus Banned

Oddometer:
    "the world's only motorcycle road show"

SideStandUp is over for me, today.

It went well enough.

I would just bet no one I know has heard it.

But the guys on the show are great people. Tom is a fantastic rider as well and a kick to ride with.

I think I will go back to bed and find daylight in a few hours.

Ta Ta

:snore
  11. timk519

timk519 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Is there a place where we can listen in over the internet?

Glad to read you're having fun over in California, and you didn't bring any wildfires to Ontario. :lol3
  12. Gusgus

Gusgus Banned

Oddometer:
    Yes there is it is at http://sidestandup.com Then follow the link to espnflorida.com, and click on the bottom 1080 radio (listen live) and your there.
    There is also a pod cast section where pod cast (history) can be listen too. One show is missing but the rest are there.

Yes,it's true,,, I ain't packin no damned heat . . . .:poser(for fires?)

The weather here is the usual,, warm sunny and beautiful!

Smokey TOO!

Ta Ta
  13. Gusgus

Gusgus Banned

Oddometer:
    :clap Having a wonderful time...wish you were all here...HEY!!! Maybe a detour to Dawson?? '08?? Down the California coast and back??
    Yes, I'm riding with a very talented rider...there are few people I would feel safe riding with and the few are on this site...:nod
    The scenery is beautiful...would like a little more time to stop and explore, guess we'll just have to come ride this way again. And as for lane sharing comments?? Oooooooohhhh SSSHHHH************T!!!!

:eek2

Thanks for asking!!!
    Ma
  14. timk519

timk519 Long timer

Oddometer:
    So your man's really making your heart go pitter-pat! :lol3

Enjoy CA!
  15. Gusgus

Gusgus Banned

Oddometer:
    In a small motel in Crescent City. The ride into here was another incredible story, which I will have to tell in depth later. ELK! FOG! Mountain Pass! PITCH BLACK! Poor combination.

Even saw the front bumper of a motorhome far to closely.

My bride was videoing right at the time we came upon the motorhome. Good stuff, I will need to get assistance to post it. Any volunteers?

We are safe and sound in the Pacific Northwest.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ta Ta
  16. Treadless

Treadless avoiding gravity storms if at all possible Supporter

Oddometer:
    above the soil's surface on the left coast
    Gus, it's ok that you weren't able to stop on your way through, it saved me a couple bucks not have'n to buy you two :dg & or :beer. :D I totally understand how there are plans and then there is reeality of the road. :eek1

Just glad you two are enjoying your selves and experiencing all aspects of life on two wheels. You are and will be going through some areas that close to my heart. :raabia

Looking forward to seeing you (and many others) this summer. :wings

May Mother look down on you favorably for the remainder of your trip.
    Mike
  17. Paulmer

Paulmer F' this, I'm going riding

Oddometer:
    Hurry home dude....we miss you and want hear the stories!! Did someone say BBQ?!?!?
  18. Cephus

Cephus Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sorry for laying so low. I'm still clustered here, move, new job, training, family issues, etc.... Glad to hear things are going well minus the natural disasters. It was great to see you, and Bill, here in the Tennessee mountains. I welcome anyone who would like to venture this direction. Here is a shot from Cloudland Canyon in the NW corner or Georgia taken this weekend.
    [​IMG]

Keep the post and photos coming, and maybe I will be able to make an Alaska appearance in the future. I am thinking D2D 2009.
  19. com3

com3 Banned

Oddometer:
  20. sandiegoland

sandiegoland Adventure Boy®

Oddometer:
    We were safe. A little cabin fever, as we hosted some friends evacuated from their nieghborhood for a few days. I'm sorry you missed the chance to see more stuff around here. All those cool twisty roads we were describing... well just about everyone was cut-off because of the fires on Monday! :cry

It really is!!