4 corners and a float

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by Gusgus, Jul 28, 2007.

1. legion

legion Honking the Horn

Oddometer:
    Very cool trip, Gus... Tell Cephus howdy from Alaska. Trout Rider too if you catch up w/ him.
  2. EVILONE

EVILONE Long timer

Oddometer:
    Howdy GusGus!I had a great time talkin with you at the rally!If you need a place in the Western NC area,let me know.I have several spare rooms and you are welcome to them any time buddy.Im on the tent space list,but if you get close to this area PM me and Ill give you my #.Be safe pal.:D

EVIL:evil
  3. Gusgus

Gusgus Banned

Oddometer:
    Yes, I told everyone hello and drank some beverages with TroutRider, Boojum and another fellow from Alaska, I only recall his name as Bill. He is an adv'er and lives in the south now. He moved from Alaska about a year ago. He recognized me, and I recognized him as well, but can't remember from when. I know he did D2D's.

[​IMG]

here is Boojum
    [​IMG]

And Last but not least here is Cephus.

[​IMG]

The Cherohala Motorcycle Resort is really NICE!

[​IMG]

and

[​IMG]

and

[​IMG]

I am in White Springs, Fla. at a very nice restaurant who is allowing me to sit and update the thread. A big thanks to them is in order.
    [​IMG]

Great food as well.........:dg

The roads around Robbinsville, NC are so neat, not just the Tail of the Dragon, but all of the area's roads.

[​IMG]

The ASV'er's say Hi to everyone!

[​IMG]

I'll update my story asap.
    Ta Ta
  4. Gusgus

Gusgus Banned

Oddometer:
    Me too,Had a great time. Lots O Memories.

Get your feces together and ride that scoot Northerly. I'll be waitin.

Thanks for the lively discussion. Loved it.
  5. AKTroy

AKTroy BE AWARE OF TRAINS

Oddometer:
    Sounds like your doing it up right. Tried to catch the radio show Sat but not available here :baldy . Keep missing those phone calls too. :ddog Oh well, lots of time when you get home.
    I took a month off to chase Steelhead on the Anchor River. Headed gown there today for five days and back to Eagle River to get Gail to the airport Fri. Reload the camper and back in the water till my toes cant take it no mo'. Look forward to checking on your progress then. Ride well be safe.
  6. dlrides

dlrides 1:1.618 Supporter

Oddometer:
    Don,

Great to meet you at the" ADVrider Airhead Rally", and in Robbinsville. Good luck in your travels ! You have a place in NC to stay anytime !

Don C
  7. Fighter

Fighter Head Gruver

Oddometer:
    Great to see shots of Mr. Still and Cephus.
    Small world isn't it???
    Carry on and be safe.
    Snow sticking at my house yesterday, started pickeling BiggerBird and put the studs on BOXKAR. The sled is ready. Katoomer call yesterday from Kabul. He left this morning for a two day flight back to the states.
    Picks up the new rig in New Jersey on Friday.
  8. one2many

one2many Ghetto Superstar

Oddometer:
    It was nice meeting you in Robbinsville Gus and having breakfast with you guys Saturday morning.

After breakfast Wheeler finally woke up enough to put a new back tire on for me. With the day spent riding 28, the Skyway, and a few runs on Deals Gap I now need a new front tire:D

Stopping for gas in Chattanooga Sunday we talked to a guy on a KLR who said he was from Alaska. "Not another miss placed Alaskian?" we said. "Oh you must have run into Gus" he said.:lol3 Turns out it was Cephus. Cool dude that guy.

Ride on

Rick
  9. AK Bear

AK Bear Long timer

Oddometer:
    I thought that looked like Bill Still. Ex firefighter. Our kids still ski togeather when possiable.

The ride from Gettysberg to DC is a busy one as is the rest of DC. I went on down the cost to Florida as well, then over to visit Coonass and Ms. B in Lousianna. Great folks if your going that way. New Orleans is worth a shot too. Keep up the great report, Bear
  10. legion

legion Honking the Horn

Oddometer:
    that would be bill, still. good guy. been to his anchortown house, met his family, etc. i hope he's enjoying florida as much as he thought he would.

[​IMG]
  11. Gusgus

Gusgus Banned

Oddometer:
    yep it was an interesting day in Louisiana yesterday.
    It rained, some might say it was solid water, but including the pre-humidity it might have actually been solid water. The last 200 miles water stood on the highway fairly deeply, the semi-trucks made it into a nice soup of road grime and salty water. It was being applied to my body at gallons a second.
    The Beemer did splendidly, and I listened to the 60's rock while zipping along.

It does make the ride interesting when LIZA (the GPS) sweetly says "tornado warning, seek cover" My response was "WTF do you think I was doing before your damned warning?" The weather here is special. I didn't stop in New Orleans since the weather wasn't conducive for a tour.

I am writing the story for pictures and such. I hope to post it's next chapter in LA.

Ta Ta
    :ricky
  12. timk519

timk519 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Too bad there isn't a "transform to ski-doo" button on the Beemer.

:D
  13. AKDuc

AKDuc Alaska Born Ducatisti

Oddometer:
    Glad to hear things are going well.

I guess Cephus has moved south as well? Good to see pics of him and Bill.

Here's to a continued good journey. Take care. Have fun.

Mark H.
  14. Harry Swan

Harry Swan One more time

Oddometer:
    I really hope you're heading west ... those tornados are being reported in Pensacola and the panhandle of FL right now! The weather looks good west of Louisiana all the way to LA. See you in LA.
  15. Gusgus

Gusgus Banned

Oddometer:
    I am actually 100 miles west of San Antonio, Texas on I-10W and in a nice little cabin in the woods. Nice place. Liza brought me here. But she was all fu'ked up and was telling me to keep going as it passed by. So with her telling me to keep going, I (as you all might understand) ignored her and made the correction with her nagging me. But this guide has one great option, an OFF button!:oscar

I am heading with all haste to LA. Yes Harry I am riding as fast as I can for the southern end of California.
    I will stop by and see you.

Talk to you soon.

Ta Ta
    :ricky
  16. Gusgus

Gusgus Banned

Oddometer:
    Yes Drew moved south back to the area where he was raised. His mom is having some medical troubles and his place is there with her, so he accepted a job move to Chattanooga, Tennessee. He still does the same job and is now set to be of help, if needed.
    He did say hi to everyone, and we talked about you specifically.
    I do believe he will remain for his life there. His gradeschool buddies are all there. And after riding the area, that place rocks!
  17. Cooler

Cooler Farkle king.

Oddometer:
    Hi Don, I've gotten behind but I finally got time to get caught up with your travels. Either I missed something or you changed your plan. Did you go to Nova Scotia? What happened with the noise in the bike that you thought was your transmission? It sounds like your having a great trip.(except for the heavy rain in Lousianna).
    I got the shop closed in and sided. I'll have it wired, insulated and gyproced by the new year hopefully.
    We got some great riding weather once my license expired. I bet I won't get fooled next year!
    I'm thinking of taking that trip north to Alaska next year on the bike. I'd like to find a riding partner but I won't let that stop me. The wife has us booked for an Alaskan cruise in August. I might bail and send her with her mother. I'd get in less mischeif on a bike cruise. I have other holidays that I'd use to go on the bike if I do go. Anyways , enough of my nattering. Ride safe and good luck in your travels.
  18. sandiegoland

sandiegoland Adventure Boy®

Oddometer:
    Great to meet you in Ocean Beach last night. I'll check out the podcast of Side Stand Up soon. Have a great time heading north on the 1. I hope the fires here don't slow you down too much.
  19. Ruby Doobie

Ruby Doobie AA Stepper

Oddometer:
    Hey, i'm finally home from a two week absence, like i said a few weeks ago. My son says you are welcome to stay in Modesto if you are in the area late in the afternoon. You are also welcome here in Redding when you get here. I have a nice pad and some good food for you when you get here. let us know if you need to contact him or me. I don't know if you have my phone # but will be happy to give them both to you. Let us know when you might be in our area. My beautiful wife says Mary might be with you but she's not sure. Ride safe, have fun :jive
    Ruben
  20. Bearhawk

Bearhawk Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Well, lets see if I can sum this trip up. You broke your side stand in Canada, Nearly froze to death in Montana, Broke your clutch in Virginia, Dodged a tornado in Lousiana, and Now........ Your dealing with fire and brimstone in California! :eek1

Dude, I'm not sure we want you back in Alaska right now! What's next? Global Warming?

Bearhawk :rofl