4th annual Rally At The Rock Combs, AR Oct 5-7

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by BigDeal, May 1, 2018.

1. BigDeal

BigDeal oh yeah.

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    4th annual
    Rally At The Rock
    dual sport and adventure bike rally
    Oct 5, 6, & 7
    Razorback Rider's campground near Combs, AR​

register here: http://razorbackriders.org/Pre-entryDualSport/index.php

It looks like spring is in full swing and hopefully everyone is making their riding plans for the months to come! In the spirit of that idea, the Razorback Riders would like to let everyone know that we will be holding our 4th Annual "Rally @ the Rock" at our club campground in the Ozark National Forest on October 5-7, 2018. For those of you that attended the last 3 year's rallies you already know what our club and our area have to offer motorcycle riders of all types.

The first 3 rallies were a great time for all in attendance and we try to make each year's version even better. The rally will be very similar to the past year's format. We will have gpx tracks for every size bike and rider level.

We rate the tracks E for Everyone, M for Moderate, and A for Advanced as well as give a detailed description and mileage. We should have about 12-14+ tracks to choose from again this year. We'll keep the best ones from the past years and add a few more. Last year we had 6 E, 4 M, & 3 A.

For anyone interested in last year's rally that wasn't there, here is a link to that thread:

Post-event ride reports here:

2016: http://advrider.com/index.php?threa...ost-event-ride-reports.1180982/#post-30597044

2015: http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/rally-the-rock-post-event-ride-reports.1099394/

Preregistration will be $50 for everyone attending the rally ($60 at the door), which will include participation in all events, an event sticker, a cookout dinner Saturday night, and Tent camping. There will be plenty of sitting around a camp fire or hanging out in the club house by the wood burning stove at night enjoying your drink of choice and talking with fellow riders from all over.

Everyone that is attending the rally will need to at least be registered at this minimum level. All attendees will have the option to buy a t-shirt for $15 on the pre-registration site and we normally have some to buy at the event but there won't be any guarantee that there will be enough leftovers for people that want to buy one that they didn't reserve. I'll put up a pic of the T shirts when the design is finished.

As for anyone bringing their RV, those will be $25 per night and will include electrical hook-up, water hook-up, and access to our facility's dump station. This fee will be per RV campsite. So one electric and water hookup site that is being shared by multiple people (spouses, riding buddies, etc.) will only need to pay the $25 per night, NOT $25 per person per night. Hopefully that makes sense! You can also park your RV in the field, not use the hookups, and count that as tent camping.

We have a very large, nice private campground with a good shower house. It is easy to group up tents with your friends or space out for some quiet at night. We have a few trees good for hammock camping too. The Combs store is just 2 miles away with good food (breakfast, lunch, and dinner)

here is that registration site again: http://razorbackriders.org/Pre-entryDualSport/index.php
    kendall_smith likes this.
  2. BigDeal

BigDeal oh yeah.

Oddometer:
    a few pics from last year:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. motogramps

motogramps Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Will the tracks be available online or downloaded at the rally.
    Does the camping fee cover Fri. Sat. and Sun. nights.
  4. woodzrider

woodzrider Long timer

Oddometer:
    Directions to your campground please. coming from I-40 with RV in tow.
    Thanks.
    Haven't registered yet......maybe last minute depending on how well the back heals at the time.
    BigDeal likes this.
  5. BigDeal

BigDeal oh yeah.

Oddometer:
    I email them out beofe the Rally with directions, a camp map, things that have changed in the area in the last year or two... I also bring my lap top so I can load them up for anyone that needs them

the registration fee of $50 covers camping Thursday, Friday, Saturday. (tent camping)
  6. BigDeal

BigDeal oh yeah.

Oddometer:
    this is part of the email I send out to all pre registered FF's.

D-wreck-shons

Gps 35 47.725 W93 50.461

We now have an address that on google maps will lead you to fairly close to but not exactly to RR camp: 1920 Madison CR 4275 Elkins, AR 72727

I’m sure you are capable of figuring out your way from whatever direction you are coming from to get yourself most of the way here. If not… then you are going to fail at life. Our camp is near the small town of Combs, AR. Combs is on hwy 16, 2.5 miles north of the intersection of hwy 23 and hwy 16 and south of Elkins, AR (on hwy 16) by about 17 miles.

You’ll need to be riding/driving towards Combs, AR on Hwy 16 to get to our camp.

If you are coming from the north you’ll pass through Combs and turn on CR 4275 just before the mill creek bridge and you’ll see the brown sign directing you to the Mill Creek OHV trail head. Turn Right (the only way you can on this road). We are about 2 miles down this road on the left. The road turns to gravel and you will see our camp down in the valley on the left. Many people mistakenly turn into Rick’s driveway. Do not turn at the house when you first see the camp. You want to go a little further and you’ll see our gate and the cement drive that turns to gravel down the hill.

If you are coming from the south about 2.4 miles past the intersection of hwy 23 and hwy 16 you’ll cross the mill creek bridge and turn on CR 4275 and you’ll see the brown sign directing you to the Mill Creek OHV trail head. Turn left (the only way you can on this road). We are about 2 miles down this road on the left. The road turns to gravel and you will see our camp down in the valley on the left. Many people mistakenly turn into Rick’s driveway. Do not turn at the house when you first see the camp. You want to go a little further and you’ll see our gate and the cement drive that turns to gravel down the hill.

If you are coming from the east or west then you are coming in on gravel roads so you probably already planned out your trip using your GPS. I don’t know of any road closures that will be a problem for you. Have fun.
  7. woodzrider

woodzrider Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the directions. By chance, is this where the White Rock Enduro is held?
  8. BigDeal

BigDeal oh yeah.

Oddometer:
    Yes, same place, same group hosting both. Our club is mainly about racing but we have several members that ride dual sport too.
  9. BigDeal

BigDeal oh yeah.

Oddometer:
    The 2018 stickers came in today. Anyone preregistered will get one. We'll likely have some for people that show up and pay at the gate too. We used the T shirt design from last year. This year's T shirt design is in the works. It looks pretty good so far. I'll share that when it is done. Pre registration opens soon. We are having some pay pal issues.

[​IMG]
  10. BigDeal

BigDeal oh yeah.

Oddometer:
  11. hiinthesky

hiinthesky Ride on

Oddometer:
    I'm in !!!....registration, shirt, RV spot paid !!!!
    BigDeal likes this.
  12. BigDeal

BigDeal oh yeah.

Oddometer:
    I loaded up my DR 650 and 2 other RR members (Jeff and Wyatt, father/son) rode their KLR's and we put together another track for this year's RATR. This 178 mile track goes past the historic War Eagle Mill and has a lot of miles of single lane twisty dirt and gravel.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

For Arkansas riding this track is about as non technical as it gets and a great ride for anyone on a big bike or newer to dirt riding. There was one water crossing and the potential for more (if we had recent rain) and a few short rough spots. It's about 75/25% dirt to pavement.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Wyatt lost a bolt to hold his trunk on and we had to negotiate around some road construction but otherwise it was a smooth ride.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We'll have several tracks to choose from at all levels of riding from chill, scenic dirt road rides like this to gnarly rocky trail.
    unpavdpthfinder likes this.
  13. UnclebudinTX

UnclebudinTX Half Moose Whiskapalian TEX-LEX

Oddometer:
    do bike need to be street legal? and was liking about bringing son 13 years old ride his own xr100r .. we ride 4stokes, just not street legal
  14. BigDeal

BigDeal oh yeah.

Oddometer:

The R@TR's main focus is dual sport and adventure bikes... but there should be plenty to ride on a non street legal bike. If you are ok with the bule loop or if you are up to single track. All of the tracks we put out are for street legal bikes.
  15. BigDeal

BigDeal oh yeah.

Oddometer:
    Scott (a newer RR member) and I put together another track for the R@TR last week. This one is a short but gnarly ride for the advanced rider. It would be a great one for someone that maybe has some time after finishing a track or wants to get in a short ride before they leave Sunday and are wanting a little more abuse. It took us 3 hours but we had to cut through and navigate around a dozen or more trees that recently fell across the trail. I got some good use again out of the saw I pack. If there is rain there will be 15 or 20 creek crossings. there are lots of rocks, a few ledges, gnarly descents and climbs, log hops.. all the good stuff... pre registration is open: see the first post of this thread.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  16. BigDeal

BigDeal oh yeah.

Oddometer:
    the Rally date is getting closer!

so far these are the tracks for 2018: the list will probably get longer by a track or two:

Tracks and other rides:

I started putting a rating on the tracks in 2017:

E (for everyone) I don’t want to call this easy because even though it may be on the easier side many of these tracks are a lot of fun on a small dual sport too. These are laid out to be done on any size bike that’s set up for gravel road riding. This being a dual sport and Adventure bike rally I would assume that is everyone. These tracks are mostly gravel roads but may contain some occasional rough sections, steep switchbacks, obstacles or mud holes to navigate around, maybe a water crossing, and loose or possibly deep gravel (typical Arkansas backroads, not trail).

M (for Moderate) These rides have sections that are more difficult and might be too much for someone not used to the rocks, rocks, and more rocks we have here. They include at least some of the following: small’ish log hops, some small ledges, steep rocky climbs/descents, mud holes, and ATV trail sections. Some experience and technical skills are recommended. A skid plate and bark busters are recommended for these tracks. Remember, this is Arkansas Moderate.

A (for Advanced or Adventure Maximum!) These tracks you’ll probably want a lighter dual sport bike like a drz400 or 250-something. They’ll have plenty of fun, gnarly 2 track trail. When we lay these out we try to mix it up where there are easier sections to rest in as much as possible. A skid plate, bark busters, and radiator guard are HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommended… really you’d be crazy if you did not have minimal protection for your bike and rode these tracks… but you ride your own ride.

Here they are:

Rated E… 161 War Eagle Mill 2018: This is a nice scenic track and probably about as non-technical as it gets for Arkansas riding. There was one water crossing when we rode this in July but has the potential for a few more if we get rain. There were a 1 or 2 very brief rough spots but overall this ride is about as chill as you can get. I recommend turning right out of camp to ride this track and in about 2 miles you’ll pass the Comb’s store for gas and breakfast if you want. Gas is available at about 2, 45, 78 and 146 miles. The 78 mile gas stop is marked on the track and is at your second crossing of 412. This track leads you past the historic War Eagle mill and a lot of beautiful Arkansas country. War Eagle Mill is Arkansas’ only grist mill. It has been rebuilt a few times over the years because of floods and one time the confederate army burnt it down so that the Union could not capture it. The War Eagle mill has a restaurant open on Saturday and Sunday only. There is food at the gas station at mile 45 or at Byrds at about ¾ of the track. My advice is eat at War Eagle mill and if you are riding on a Friday pack a lunch or pick up something at the gas station and sit under the bridge at War eagle and have lunch. This track has a lot of miles of single lane twisty dirt and gravel roads. Watch for oncoming traffic. It’s about 75/25% dirt to pavement ratio. *there is a short 1 or 2 mile section on a road marked private drive. This means that the county does not do any road work but the owner of the property around it clearly has been taking care of it so ride slowly through here and be respectful (there are no gates or no trespassing signs or purple paint). If you ride clockwise there are a few options to cut back to camp if you so desire to make your trip shorter (when you cross 16 and when you come to 215).

Rated E… 161 The Glory hole 2017: I recommend turning right out of camp to ride this track and in about 2 miles you’ll pass the Comb’s store for gas and breakfast if you want. This 161 mile track will lead you past the Glory Hole and King’s River Falls. This track has an approximately 115 mile Gas to Gas section you could use the Ponca and back to BB east track for a gas stop to cut that shorter and/or to see elk if you are coming through in the morning. The Glory Hole is a waterfall that flows through a large hole in a cliff. Be sure not to miss the turn to this off HWY 21. On a weekend you should notice several hiker’s cars parked by the side of the road. It is a pretty cool falls when the water is running and kind of neat to see even when it is not running strong. This whole track is big bike friendly with a few rough spots except for the trail/road down to the falls. That short section is probably M. It’s about a mile down and I rode it on my DR650 pretty easily. Watch out for hikers and kids on this trail. You can ride as far as you feel comfortable and then walk the rest to see the hole if you want to. The ride is worth doing even if you don’t stop for The Glory Hole. This track will also take you past King’s River Falls trail head and that falls is a short walk from the road. This is probably a full day ride for most so leave in the morning. Gas and food are available in Oark and Catalpa is just down the road on this track for another excellent lunch/pie stop. This track is mostly gravel and some pavement. This track shares some sections with the Big Bike 2016 track.

Rated E… 049 nice views 2017: This 49 mile track has some spectacular views and is a nice cruise. It is almost all dirt roads with a little pavement. You’ll probably want to stop a time or two for a picture. No gas or food stops on the track but near the middle of the track you could continue south a short ways on HWY 23 to Turner Bend for gas and a (large) cold cut sandwich.

Rated E… Big bike east RAR 2016: this is probably going to be an all-day ride so leave in the morning. If you ride it clockwise you can stop in Combs (2 miles from camp) for breakfast and gas fill up.

This is 145 miles of mostly mellow and fun scenic gravel with the potential for several water crossings, tight steep switchbacks, and minimal pavement at the beginning, middle, and the end. There are a few short rough spots. I really like this track.

Riding clockwise at about 1/3 of the way you’ll reach low gap café at about 45 miles or riding counter clockwise you’ll reach Oark at about 45 miles for gas and food and another 5 (counter clockwise) miles or so puts you in at the Catlapha café (highly recommended lunch/pie stop). The only gas stop is in Oark at 100 miles or 45 miles depending on direction of travel. This track has some very fun roads! This is a great ride on a big bike or a fun day trip on a smaller dual sport too. Kendal and Rob rode this track in 8 hours with a lunch stop and not in any hurry. We saw a lot of deer, turkey, and even a bear on this track. We both really enjoyed it.

Side trips: this track takes you past the trailhead for Whitaker point. It is one of the most photographed places in AR. It is a 3 mile round trip hike for anyone up to the task.

This track also takes you briefly through Boxley Valley If you are riding through this area in the morning or evening taking the pavement 12 miles round trip to Ponca and back you will likely see some Elk. This side trip is in the 100 mile gas to gas section but gas is normally available at the Buffalo outdoor center in Ponca. The next track will lead you to Ponca and back from this track.

This track could be run clockwise or counter clockwise. It depends on where you want to stop for lunch. Rated E.. Ponca and back to BB east: this is a add on for the above track it will take you to Ponca and you will follow the same way back to the BB East track. If you are riding through at the right time to see elk or need gas.

Rated E… 88 miles Easy 2016: Nice easy cruise on some scenic gravel roads. You will pass the Combs store that has gas and food quickly if you ride counter clockwise and near the end if you ride clockwise. This track is nearly all dirt roads with a little pavement.

Rated E… 059 Frog and Bee 2017: Look for the Y’s in the track in the beginning (take 2 right turns at the start) down to Frog Bayou. That part is down and back up then back to the rest of the track. This track also makes a figure 8 of sorts and can be ridden either way (just don’t miss the turn to Frog). This track will take you on a scenic out and back cruise to Frog Bayou and past Bee Rock. Bee Rock is a popular photo spot where you can ride down and take a picture of you and your bike in the walkway in the huge rock. There is now an easy way down to Frog Bayou. The county has reworked the road down to the falls that are a really cool sight after some rain and pretty cool when they are dry. This will probably not last long so if you ever wanted to see Frog Bayou and have a big bike now is your chance. There is the potential if we have rain for the road down and back up from Frog to be muddy and a little more difficult. There are several nice views and good photo ops on this track and you may notice the out and back on the western most point of the track (the only short paved road section) will take you to Turner bend for gas, a snack, or cold cut sandwich.

Rated M: 075 Frog and B with Big Bike Hero 2018: So I had other plans for the BB hero track but I broke my collar bone in Colorado so I pieced this one together from some of the scouting we did. This track has a fair amount in common with the Frog and B track. I know this track is a little confusing as it is a big figure 8 of sorts with 2 out and backs options. I will fix it next year to make it better after I heal up. There is one section that is not for the rider who is thinking “I’d like to try some ganglier stuff and see how it goes” it is for the rider who has done a little before and wants to challenge themselves. That is a 2.4 mile section and is marked by a waypoint on each side. If you are not for sure you want this then keep going a little and turn left on Fly Gap to reconnect to the track. There is another easier out and back section that is still a challenge and not as risky. I suggest starting this track by turning right out of camp and you’ll get about 9 miles of pavement to start. You’ll pass the combs store and Cross roads café (both have gas). You’ll hit a fun curvy climb that sees very little traffic and turns to dirt. You’ll then have the option to go down to Frog Bayou and back out the same way. The road down is still bb friendly. At the next track intersection turn right again to hit the lower part of the figure 8. Not far after you turn is the option to go down the gnarly section (left turn). Expect Rocks, sand, steep drop offs near the side of the road/trail, a few small ledges, ruts, & mud holes. If you are traveling the way I suggest it is nearly all downhill. (Kendall and I rode this on dr650’s and had fun) after 2.4 miles of smiles you’ll be back on the road and soon come to your second BBH section on your left. This is an out and back on something locals call “favorite trail” it starts as a road and climbs and gets more trail like the further you go. Go as far as you want to, maybe explore a little, and turn around and come back. That will conclude the business part of this track, enjoy the nice views and photo ops on your way back. You can stop at Turner Bend for gas and a cold cut sandwich or snack. Directions for this track for when it crosses itself: out of camp Right, Right to Frog and back, Right back to the loop, Right to the lower loop, Left to gnarly, left to out and back BBH option, Left back on the lower loop, short out and back to turner bend option, Left on lower loop, straight to upper loop, right back to the road camp is on. So I think the rider looking for this will have a lot of fun, I am sorry it is not a cleaner track. If not for my accident I would have made it better but I wanted to include it because I know a few riders are looking for this.

Rated E or M depending on direction of travel… Catalpa and back RAR 2016: This 96 mile ride takes you to the catalpa café (an excellent lunch spot). This track is set up to be easier or harder depending on direction of travel. If you ride counter clockwise you’ll hit some rougher trail directly out of camp. If you don’t like the first ¼ mile of this turn around and ride it the other way. You’ll ride part of the blue loop to connect to some fun roads and switch back from road to trail to a little pavement too. After lunch you can ride back the same way you came if you enjoyed the trails or you can continue the loop on some fun easier gravel with several creek crossings (depending on rain). If you ride clockwise out of camp you’ll ride a little pavement to St. Paul then hit the fun roads to Catalpa. Once in Catalpa you can turn around and ride the same way back if you want more of the same or continue the loop to the harder stuff (it’s a lot of fun). Gas is available in Oark. The Oark Café is also a pretty good lunch/pie spot.

106 Mix Track 2018 Rated M (maybe A if you pick the wrong line in places): As the name implies this track is a mix of several tracks. This track overlaps with some of the M sections of A rated tracks and other M rated tracks. You could ride this in either direction. You’ll find gas at Oark and food at either Oark or Catalpa. This track has some really fun road and a little trail and several rocky sections as well as some easy sections to catch your breath.

Rated M… 031 Three hour tour 2017: This 31 mile track includes a short trip to the Combs store (because we needed gas). You can stop here for breakfast or gas or you just turn left out of camp and skip it (4 mile round trip to the store). This track might be considered a M+, especially if you pick the wrong line in places. We laid this one out as kind of a test track for people to see if they want to ride some of what we call advanced tracks. When you start the loop if you run it counter clockwise (take first right turn) you will hit 2 gnarly sections and these will take you up and down a hill. The first sections won’t dump you in a big gnarly valley. If it is too much then you can turn around and head downhill or take the road back when you hit it again. The third section is on part of the blue loop and work hill could be really difficult if it is muddy and a challenge when it is dry. There is a map at the bottom of the hill if you want to take another way to the road. If you find this track fun and it is not a problem than the advanced tracks should be a good time for you. If you are more of a moderate rider and want to push yourself, don’t want a long mileage day, and want to stay close to camp this is a good track for you. Kendall and I rode this in about 3 hours 15 minutes and we were moving at an average speed and we stopped a few times including the gas stop. It could take you longer if you have some difficulty on the hill climbs and your 3 hour tour could be an adventure. You are never very far from camp on this track.

Rated M… 144 Natural Dam 2017: this 144 mile track takes you to White Rock Park and to Natural Dam. It is mostly mellow but has 3 more technical sections on Warloop and on Pannell Road. Signs may say that Warloop road is closed or a dead end but unless a tree has recently fallen it goes through. Be sure not to miss your turn to the second loop. This track is a figure 8 with one of the loops being much smaller and a connecting section you’ll ride both ways. It can be easy to blow by your turn and miss that whole loop. Gas and food is available when you cross hwy 71. This track is very similar to last year’s West Med bike track but now has the 30 mile pavement section taken out and you’ll ride Warloop down on the way out and then back up on the return (Yee-haw).

Rated M… Mill Creek Trail system AKA “The Blue loop”: The Mill Creek Trail system can be reached by riding directly out of camp. The way the sign reads if you do not have a plated bike you have to pay a day use fee of $3 to the forest service. It is probably a good idea to go ahead and pay the $3 even on a plated bike. The $ goes to the forest service and trail work. There is a kiosk in our camp behind the shower building before the single track bridge that also has a map of the system. I don’t have a track for this but the map (attached in email) is easy to follow and the trails are marked with different color blazes. They call it a trail but I think of it as more of a road. It is fairly wide in most places. It can have its challenging spots and the water breaks force you to keep the speed down in most places. There are several nice waterfalls along the blue loop when it has recently rained. I also have some copies of the map printed off if you want one.

I’m not emailing out the A tracks. I’ll have them on my lap top and can load them up for you at camp. I’d like to talk to people first before sending riders out on these.

Rated A… 024 Road Block 2018: I highly recommend you take the first right not very far after leaving camp to ride this loop. If you passed it, turn around and go back. All the business of this track is in the first 16 miles or so. The last 8 are a cruise back to camp on easy roads. This track will lead you into some gnarly and remote trail. There is a section with off camber trail and log hops that were nearly all at a 45 angle, lots of other log hops, lots of rocks, rocky climbs/descents, ledges, mud holes, a little bushwhacking, and probably the potential for 20 creek crossings if we have had rain. We rode this in about 3 hours but… there were probably 12 or 15 fresh, green trees that fell across the road/trail that we had to navigate around and/or cut through when we rode this on August 2 (in that first 16 miles). Most if not all of those trees should be out of the way by Oct but there is a good chance there will be others down. This should be a fun adventurous ride for someone up to the challenge. If the trail is clear or mostly clear (no fallen trees) a decent rider could knock this out in <2 hours or so. Near the end of the gnarly part of the track you’ll see it has the option to go 2 different ways. Both are difficult but there is a chance one of them might not be passable so this gives you another option to get out to the road without riding the whole thing back. At the fork: left is rockier and right is muddier. No food or gas on this track, not even any houses or buildings after you get far from camp. This area is remote.

Rated A… 031 Bear cub 2017: This 31 mile track is named after the bear cub that ran across the trail when we laid this one out. It is a gnarly ride with some breaks on gravel roads and a finish that is moderate. You’ll want to start riding it leaving on the road and you’ll finish by coming back into camp on our bike bridge. Be sure not to miss the first loop/turn to the right. I love this first loop. It is rocky and flows really nice. If you did not enjoy this first loop then find another track because it gets much more gnarly in the next section when you turn off the road again. The next section does have one bail out option. You might notice the choice of a right or left turn on the track. The right turn goes up a hill and stops on the map. That is a trail to the road if you want to bail out before the multiple creek crossings. If we get a ton of rain it may not be passable in places. You’ll finish by riding the road some again and taking the blue loop at the trail head and then turning off that trail to ride into camp. If you made decent time you could leave in the morning and be back for lunch.

Rated A… 032 Sixty foot falls 1 of 2 2017: This 32 mile track has a section with enough rocks for Trump to build his wall. You’ll ride past the namesake 60 foot falls, another large beautiful waterfalls, and a few small ones (rain dependent). This track starts out of camp on our bridge on some moderate trail and is the only track that is not a loop back to camp but you can load some other tracks to lead you back. After some trail and blue loop you’ll get a break on gravel road, you’ll cross the hwy, and hit the trail again. This section gets really gnarly. There is no easy way out of here when you get to the bottom. If you think you cannot make it up what you are riding down do not keep going. I hit my skid plate several times on this track. If you are up for the ride it is a fun trail with several creek crossings and some of them are fairly deep when we have had rain. The waterfalls are a really cool sight. After you make it back up the hill and out of the valley you’ll have a nice cruise on easy gravel and some pavement to recoup. You can stop at Turner bend for gas, a cold cut sandwich, drink, or a snack. After a little more road it is back to the fun stuff for a while. Ignore the “dead end” road sign. It does not dead end for bikes and this road has some really nice views. After a long climb when you begin your downhill decent on this “dead end road”.. SLOW DOWN and pick your line carefully (I suggest left when there is Y in the trail) there will be a couple 1-2 foot drops and if you pick the harder line some 2-3 foot drops. Yee haw! No Dead End for you! This will spit you out close to Bee Rock. If you have had enough and want an easier cruise with some nice views take the 059 Frog and Bee 2017 track rated E. Bee rock is a short distance next to the road at the end of this track (turn Right at the ends of this track). That’s another cool photo opportunity spot. Or you can jump on one of the other tracks we have for some more trail back to camp.

Rated A… 041 Frog Bayou gnarly ride: This 41 miles of smiles track is fun and gnarly in a lot of places. The track is a figure 8 so keep taking right turns every time it overlaps. If you turn left at the second split you are going to have a really, really tough climb out so I highly advise taking right turns when the track crosses itself. You’ll ride a short pavement section before you descend into FB. This is probably the most difficult track (the 60 foot falls track is probably a close second if not tied). This track will take you down in some rough remote valleys with a lot of rocks, steep drop offs by the trail, some rock gardens, lots of log hops and some of those large, you’ll have to navigate around a couple fallen trees, and on some very fun road. They have reworked some of these roads in preparation for logging in the area and the way out of Frog is pretty easy now. Pack a lunch and plenty of water there are no gas or food stops

Rated A…Single track: Single track rides will be led by John and maybe some other RR members. We will not be giving out GPS tracks for these. The main focus of this rally is Dual sport. Some of the trails are on private property that our club has permission to use. You’ll need to be a decent rider on a lighter bike set up for tight woods, gnarly single track. This is not for the beginner rider or really most dual sport motorcycles. If you want to ride more single track with us we have an event called WUDI fun ride in the spring the main focus is single track riding.

There will also be a few of us RR members to guide folks on the kind of ride they want. Just ask at one of the rider’s meetings.

Hopefully this will answer any questions that may come up. If not then ask at one of the riders meetings or ask myself or another member. I’ll print a few copies of this if you want one when you check in.
    Red Brown, Nikoutdoor and imxman like this.
  17. DirtyOldMan

DirtyOldMan Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just registered, looking forward to it again. You guys have this event spot on, just enough organization to get everybody out on the trails, fed, and a place to sleep.
    I wandered around down there for years trying to string roads together. Following your tracks is way more enjoyable.
    BigDeal likes this.
  18. ramkas

ramkas Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am registered. Year number 3 for me. See ya all Thursday evening.
    BigDeal likes this.
  19. BigDeal

BigDeal oh yeah.

Oddometer:
    5 weeks to go
    looking forward to seeing everyone again and meeting the first timers to R@TR
    [​IMG]
    Nikoutdoor likes this.
  20. RGoree

RGoree RG

Oddometer:
    In for #4
    BigDeal likes this.