4th Annual Soggy Bottom Motofest- Port Matilda PA, July 24-26

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by JJBucksnort, Feb 29, 2020.

1. JJBucksnort

JJBucksnort Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks TR! We've been getting many emails and phone calls thanking us for the hard work we put in. I'm glad you enjoyed it, I know I took a beating over the weekend lol. Great "car wash" pic!! Thank you for attending and spreading the word!
  2. TrailRoad

TrailRoad bigger playground

Oddometer:
    So, Saturday started out with a great breakfast and we headed out for a two part ride. Fortunately the route was a little more relaxed today. Still had some challenges, mud ruts water steep rocky descents etc. , but also several miles of gravel and even some pavement. Had a great bag lunch in the middle of the woods and then headed out for a shorter afternoon ride so we could make it back in time for the grass track, slow races and Jocelin Snow's talk.
    This is where my day got interesting... only 20 miles or so from the end of the route, there was a bridge over a stream. But, just to the left of the bridge there was a "crossing" spot that I couldn't leave alone. The water didn't really look deep and besides, my friend promised to catch it all on video. So not realizing I lost all my good sense brain cells the day before I proceeded across.
    IMG_7231.jpg
    The first few feet went fine, but then the bottom dropped out. This is when I found out that waterproof saddle bags can also act as a flotation device, and next thing I knew I was piloting a BMW pontoon boat. That didn't last long as we listed starboard, submerging me and the the exhaust killing the engine before most of the rest of the bike went under too.
    So I'm sure you are all asking where is the video of this dumb ass move? I was asking the same thing... my friend says his phone must have been full and it didn't save. But somehow... later that night he was able to get this shot of him with Jocelin....
    IMG_5166.jpg
    Anyhow.. back to the sunk bike. Fortunately a new friend, Liam, a younger guy eager to help jumped in and helped me start moving it to shore while my older buddies got out a tow rope. (Thanks again Liam). We proceeded to get the bike on shore and performed a waterectomy (pulled the plugs, cranked it and watched the sprinklers go). Then put the plugs back in and started her up.
    IMG_7225.png
    Rode her back to Godspeed where I purchased some oil at the gas station and bummed a drain pan from the owner and more oil from Kissel's tent. And set out to change the oil - twice.
    IMG_7217.jpg

So needless to say, I did miss out on the slow race and grass track - but I heard they were great. I did get to hear Jocline talk and heard a great story about how she drowned a Rallye in a swimming pool. Very fun and energetic woman, and yes I offered my garage when she said she wanted to have a bike here in PA.

Had another great dinner and while the band was down at the other location Saturday night we had fireworks, and there may have been unsanctioned golfcart/scooter races, but I can neither confirm nor deny.
    IMG_7220.jpg
    IMG_7221.jpg

So Sunday morning we had breakfast burritos with a little kick and most headed out for another great ride. I decided I had pushed my luck too far on Saturday so I headed home to change the oil yet again - and the final drive fluid. I hope someone else can add more details about the ride on Sunday. Thanks again to all at Kissels for another great event in the middle of a pandemic no less.
    TheGG54 and Racer111v like this.
  3. TrailRoad

TrailRoad bigger playground

Oddometer:
    Josh, your dad got a great shot of me in the car wash too! Thanks to him for all his work here and handing out lunches etc.
    Image-1.jpg