5-9-07 Brimstone, TN Ride Report (Pics!!)

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Python423, May 9, 2007.

1. Python423

Python423 TnAdvRiders.com

Oddometer:
    Well me and my friend Ed, decided to go check out Brimstone today
    ( http://www.brimstonerecreation.com/ ). All I have to say is 3 words, "FUN, FUN, FUN". No I take that back, I have 6 more words to say, "CREEK CROSSINGS, CREEK CROSSINGS, CREEK CROSSINGS. Man this place is super nice. Beautiful Mountain streams are plentiful at this place. And it feels like your in the woods here, I dunno how to describe it, the woods are thick and dense, thus making it very cool even tho it peaked in the 80's today.. It was cool back up in here.. It just had a good feel to it. I like it 20 times better then Coal Creek OHV. Now the pics don't do the trails justice, we only snapped a few pics at trail intersections when we took a short break. They are more fun/difficult then what theses pics show, and alot more beautiful. The trails we hit were rated moderate, and nothing too hard, but there was several rocky sections in the moderate trails that kept you on your toes. These trails aren't as wide as say windrock , where they are wide enuff for full jeeps and such, these are more only wide as 4 wheeler type trails, be hard to get a jeep or something thru most of this. Not rutted out either.. All are in fairly great shape. Now onto the PICS!!!!

Seem to be several campers/trailers deep into the trails here.. Here was one of the first ones we saw.. Dunno how they got it out there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Our faithful navigator (Ed) for this trip, at this point we are lost, and just circled the same couple of trails twice.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Old Yeller
    [​IMG]
  2. Python423

Oddometer:
    More of old Yeller

[​IMG]

Heres where Ed decided to go walaring in the mud. Aparntly he dumped the bike in knee deep mud here, and the chain came off as well. He had it pickedup and trying to blow it off by the time I got back and got the camera out..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Heres Ed going thru a creek section that was part of the trail

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. Swampy

Swampy Mayor of Swampyville

Oddometer:
    Hey Pyth, just saw these at DixieDualSport! Looks like a cool ride and a place to rival Coal Creek!
  4. Python423

Oddometer:
    Yes, my first impression , is this place is alot more fun then Coal Creek. Our pics don't really do it justice.. I should have snapped more in the scenic spots. I would highly recommend this place over Creek Creek OHV.
  5. Swampy

Swampy Mayor of Swampyville

Oddometer:
    Better than Coal Creek...didn't think it was possible! It has now made my to-do list!
  6. Python423

Oddometer:
    Oh yeah. Alot Better! Lots of mountain streams.. I bet we crossed 30 creek crossings today.. nothing real deep or anything. That and the thicker woods just makes for a cool ride on a hot day. Hollar anytime you are up this way riding any of the ohv, I'll join ya.
  7. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Looks like a great ride!! :thumb

:lurk
  8. Python423

Oddometer:
    Here is the GPS data from our ride that day with tracks and waypoints.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

9. kennyh

kennyh Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That looks great python, can't wait to do some more up there. We stumble onto a little of it of few weeks ago, but we were north of 63. We may not have been on it, not sure. Do they give you a decent map with the entry fee?
  10. Python423

Oddometer:
    They have a great map. It's an addtional $5.00 tho. All the stuff I ride, I'll be mapping out on GPS as well. And supposingly someone is working on full gps data for the area that will be released later on, not sure how much later.

Vist Tennessee's (and Surrounding Areas)
    Online Offroad/Dualsport community at ...

http://www.TnAdvRiders.com :ricky <!-- / sig -->
  11. Dharmadon

Dharmadon road warrior

Oddometer:
    Dude, that looks like the approach to me....:puke1