5 Days in Gaspé

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by Mtl_Biker, Oct 10, 2014.

1. Mtl_Biker

Mtl_Biker Long timer

Oddometer:
    I don't know which hostel you're talking about, but Google Maps shows TWO hostels in Old Quebec... Auberge International de Quebec ($80) and Auberge de la Paix (no price given). And I'm pretty sure you could get to either one on a motorcycle but wouldn't want to bet money on it. Best bet would probably be to telephone them and ask them and also to ask for a recommendation about where to park your motorcycle. Street parking is going to be tough.

2. jfman

jfman Long timer

Oddometer:
    Montreal (traveling Americas June '17 to May '18)
    In Montreal I go for a beer about once a week on St-Denis below Sherbrooke. (quartier des spectacles) and I park between the "terrasse" of the various pubs there and I have never have gotten a warning from the cops that patrol the area. There is always a handfull of bikes there each evening. It's a one-way street and the sign cannot be missed. In front of Bistro à Jojo you can sit there and chat with bikers all night long. I was just there again with another inmate at Trois Brasseurs monday enjoying IPA and a burger and we passed in front of a cop and no trouble. YMMV
  3. Mtl_Biker

Mtl_Biker Long timer

Oddometer:
    Geez Louise, JF, please tell me next time you're going to do that, as I'd love to join you! But it'll have to be after this trip because I'll be away until the 18th.

And I think that bike restriction on St Denis is only a short stretch of it and only after a certain time of night (10pm???).

jfman likes this.
  4. jfman

jfman Long timer

Oddometer:
    Very nice, are you going on a motorcycle trip?

We also have not gone on a ride. I probably have acces to a Spare drz400 with a trail sticker so we should go on a trail ride in la Mauricie. You can borrow my DRZ and I'll borrow my friends.

If we decide ahead I will even ask for a Monday off.

Deal?
  5. Mtl_Biker

Mtl_Biker Long timer

Oddometer:
    Am I going on a motorcycle trip? What? Is there ANOTHER KIND of trip? :lol3:lol3

Yes, I'm heading across Maine to Oak Bay in New Brunswick on Friday. Then on to Cheticamp, Cape Breton on Saturday. Then two nights at Meat Cove. And then, well, that depends on which way the wind blows me and which way my bike takes me. I've got to be back late in the day on the 17th. In the plans are also a couple of days on PEI to enjoy lobster suppers and micro brew, and possibly even a ferry ride from Matane to Baie-Comeau and then the 138 all the way east to the END (Kagashka) and back.

We certainly do have to get together soon!

Cheers!

6. jfman

jfman Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sounds like a fun ride! You are going to know all the roads out east pretty soon. You will be my encyclopedia when I decide to go there.