5 up on two bikes or the long way to the Trans Lab

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by sakurama, Aug 1, 2009.

1. klogger

klogger John Sawyer

Oddometer:
    So,I have to say ,as one of the people who fallowed this thread,while it was posted,this baby has legs. If you guys ever come up to R.I.,my Wife and I have a little Cafe & Bakery( thebakeryisopen,com)and would be honored to buy you Breakfast. We don't get time off in the summer, but it's threads like this,that keep us going,and lookinging forward to our own off season adventures.
  2. Scoop

Scoop runs with scissors

Oddometer:
    Gregor, thanks for that info. I recently bought a Nikon D90. I waffled back and forth between the Canon T2i and the D90 and went with the Nikon because of the way it feels in my hands and because of the "command" and "sub command" dial arrangement. It just felt good.
    I have the 18 - 105 f 3.5 to 5.6 lens. It's OK, but I feel it's not fast enough. But, I am getting my memory back in regards to photography and am slowly learning this camera. So many things to adjust!!
    I like this lens as an "everyday" lens and hope that it will be sufficient once I learn the camera. Experimenting with depth of field, I am seeing that it's probably pretty good around f3.5-4.5. So much to learn though.
    Thanks again for the tips.
    Bill
  3. SauS TaR-TaR

SauS TaR-TaR Go BaBy Go...

Oddometer:
    [​IMG] For This RR...
  4. sakurama

sakurama on an endless build

Oddometer:
    Sumatra!?! Wow, my favorite coffee comes from there. Some day I'd love to take a trip there.

Gregor
  5. SauS TaR-TaR

SauS TaR-TaR Go BaBy Go...

Oddometer:
    What You Intend Is Luak Coffee.. [​IMG]

Amen.. [​IMG]

Regards From Me;
    Jefri
  6. zipper2680

zipper2680 couch traveller

Oddometer:
    awesome thread!!
  7. Bearded Hooligan

Bearded Hooligan Moto Addict

Oddometer:
    Great report and photos:clap Thanks to your report I am now lusting after an HP2, tell Gino if he is ready to sell to hit me up:deal I am an aspiring photographer and have been drooling over your shots. School is out and my students are gone and I am planning on riding and taking pics for most of it. I currently am shooting with a Pentax K200D and mostly using my 18-250mm lens. Today, after reading your suggestions, put the kit lens on it (18-55mm) to get closer to the subjects. I really like the wide angle shots and am considering picking up a wide angle lens. Not sure on what would compliment my current set-up and yes I mostly take moto or travel shots, pretty much the same type of shots in this report (just not as high quality yet). What lens would you suggest for that type of stuff for my pentax?

Looking forward to a baja report from you:deal :super
  8. tundra61

tundra61 I wish I had a title

Oddometer:
    Great report. I love the independence, self accountability and relationship building these kinds of trips are about. Not to mention that you hail from NYC. Who says there is no fun to be had on the east coast.

By the way, the gear fit my wife perfectly.
  9. kojack

kojack AMF!

Oddometer:
    Ha ha!

too funny!

I heard you guys before I saw you!....

friggin sweet bikes....

Hows everything bud?

Bill....

Check out sigmas line of fast lenses. most of them are F2.8 and produce great results. Im a sigma fanboy for some reason. No matter what they are strapped to, they produce great colors.

I can tell what photos we take with the sigmas and what ones are minolta/sonys.

you shopped the best way for a camera. Feel. I bought my sony and it was some getting used to the feel as I was using olympus 4/3s before. I got the sony as 3 of us here are using them and swapping lenses etc. The sony is a great camera too.

I just picked up a cheap ass fuji s1700 for work and taking on the bike. I actually produces half decent outdoor photos.

Gregor, still think you should have taken the hasselblad setup on the trip ha ha! Most people look at your canon setup as a dream setup, where as for you, its like my fuji point and shoot. the hassleblad is THE GEAR! amazing cameras!
  10. Marta-GS

Marta-GS Discovering the world

Oddometer:
    AWESOME RR!!!
    I've read it in one go, amazing!!!
    Looking forward to the next one!
  11. Scoop

Scoop runs with scissors

Oddometer:
    Thanks for that info. I will do some shopping!
  12. motosaint

motosaint LTLYLTL!

Oddometer:
    I couldn't help it.. Wanted to check out pictures of Gino's bike again and ended up reading the entire thread again :evil

Hope the family is doing great!

Now, off to bed finally...

Oh, and I almost forgot.. You guys have THE coolest girlfriends!
  13. kojack

kojack AMF!

Oddometer:
    No problem.

You will hear mixed bags regarding sigma lenses, but everyone I have strapped to any of my camera produced great colors, and were fairly sharp...even the cheaper ones.
  14. paul.miner

paul.miner Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Great RR! Great photography, really loved that!
  15. noved

noved Whitehorse

Oddometer:
    Just spent the last 40 minutes or so reading the RR sure beat doing what the boss wanted me to do. Great RR inspires to do more adventure...
  16. Ray03

Ray03 n00b

Oddometer:
    Fantastic RR! Thanks so much for sharing your adventures with us. Your pictures are some of the best I've seen. Good luck with the new addition to your family.
  17. Cloud

Cloud Adventurer

Oddometer:
    First of all congrats your baby!
    And congrats again that spectacular ride report.
    Very very good photos. What a great work!

Thanks for sharing.:clap
  18. Centerhorse

Centerhorse Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I just wanted to chime in and say how awesome this report is. I don't ride yet. Saving for a bike has been slow due to have 2 kids under 2 years old. But I can't wait to get a bike! This trip I found while doing google search about Newfoundland and while looking at the topo on google earth.
    Loved the photo's and have been taking classes and pictures for a couple years now. Really great shots and excellent writing.
    I was wondering what kind of photography you make a living at? Maybe you said so earlier, and I'll have to go back and look?
    I guess I really just wanted to thank you for your ride report. It's inspiration is motivating!
    Congratulations on the baby! Fatherhood is a whole other adventure!
    Thank you.
    ~Dan Anderson
    http://web.me.com/centerhorse/FREERIDE/Welcome.html/Users/danielanderson/Pictures/Nicole, Danny, Brooke & Me.jpg
  19. motosaint

motosaint LTLYLTL!

Oddometer:
    This is such a hot setup! I'm even fantasizing about doing the same... Only 50lbs more than my Suzuki DR650, almost triple the horsepower, shaft drive.. This thing freakin' rocks! Three questions for ya:
    1. Can I get big jpgs of the first two pictures? Thinking of replacing my Ducati Hypermotard 1100 background with 'em. :D
    2. What gas tank is that? I can't seem to find it.
    3. Is that rack and cases the touratech setup?
    Any info. would be cool!

20. Badger278

Badger278 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Gino is nuts for selling it...How much? :) He needs one of these...(but he can't have mine!)

[​IMG]