5 up on two bikes or the long way to the Trans Lab

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by sakurama, Aug 1, 2009.

1. timk519

timk519 Long timer

Oddometer:
  2. motosaint

motosaint LTLYLTL!

Oddometer:
  3. rhicks

rhicks Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Looks like the same trailer that has been up for a while. I was hoping there was going to be a longer video of their journey posted at some point and the trailer was a teaser but nothing yet. I really (really) enjoyed the RR. I hope the movie turns out to be more than 2:25.
  4. BeaconPhoto

BeaconPhoto ADV Junkie

Oddometer:
    It took me a while to find something similar to his on the web. Search "Kolpin Fuel Pack Jr." The superstore sells them. I wonder how the mount will hold up to the weight of the fuel on a rough trail. :scratch<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>

Again.. Great RR. Kudos to Gregor Halenda for excellent read and sweet photos. Please share more of your road tripsÂ… no matter how short!
    <o:p>:clap:clap</o:p>
  5. motosaint

motosaint LTLYLTL!

Oddometer:
    Reading the report again... The clip with Gino wheeling with his woman on the back... Awesome :D

6. motosaint

motosaint LTLYLTL!

Oddometer:
    I was talking about the big gas tank under the seat... :D

7. Strange Rider

Strange Rider n00b

Oddometer:
    Just became a member of this site and found your story. What a fantastic adventure. The part I liked the best was that everyone appeared to be having such a good time (except for the day with all the flat tires). Very inspiring and thanks for sharing. Also happy birthday.
  8. rhicks

rhicks Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  9. sakurama

sakurama on an endless build

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the heads up. They never tell me anything and honestly I've not seen anything since when we did the trip. I wanted to do video diary entries in a "Long Way Round" sort of homage but while we recorded stuff on the trip it was just too much effort to try to edit them while we were riding. Revit said they would but it didn't happen and then I thought it was forgotten. I haven't seen them yet so this will be fun to check out.

Lauren? Gino? Judiaann? are you all still subscribed?

Oh, and I'll take this opportunity to update anyone who followed this thread on how we're all doing. Firstly, Gino and Lauren are engaged to be married this October. Secondly, Judiaann and I are expecting our second baby, a boy this time, in about 5 weeks. Nadia, who was our "five" seems to have wheels and speed in her blood. At one year old she tears around the house on a little scooter and just never seems to be happier than when she's going fast. It is her destiny.

[​IMG]

Thanks for following along.

Gregor
  10. jachew

jachew Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Love the latest picture of the 5th Rider and congratulations on the upcoming addition to your family!

JC
  11. kojack

kojack AMF!

Oddometer:
    Hey Gregor,

WOW she's growing up so fast! I noticed your getting her started early. Next up is the honda z50 or a ktm 50 ha ha!

hows everyone around your way! We just got a new house and are moving soon. then I get a new 28x26 toy barn for building my bikes! yeah!

take care....

we are getting down your way very very soon. we have the new york city bug! the Food is calling us ha ha!

take care

steve
  12. stitchergary

stitchergary Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thank you for submitting such a fantastic ride report...I have a few weeks vacation this summer and considered heading from my home in Northern NY to Novia Scotia. Now I've got to see if I can fit your entire route into my timeframe. My travel will be slow considering I'll take Ural with a sidecar. Slow but lots of storage space. In 2009 I took it through 30 states, 13 National Parks, and covered over 14,000 miles on a 3 month ride of fun. Thanks again for your inspiration and congratulations on the new family member to arrive soon..... Gary
  13. mac inger

mac inger Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great RR and photography. Thanks for sharing the trip and the details on your gear.
    congrats on the growing family :)

really quick question:

What bags are you using for your tripods ? I can see them in the pics loaded on top of the side cases but cant tell what exactly...

cheers
  14. ozmikl

ozmikl Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Guys
    Loved your report, I did pretty well the same trip last year and had to laugh when you were describing the gas station at Relais Gabriel, I thought it may have just been me or she was having a bad day!
    One thing for anyone else that does the trip....... Mary's Harbour, like you said is fantastic, friendly and interesting but I was saddened to see that you missed Battle Harbour, that was probably the highlight of my trip... oh and the bears at Churchill Falls dump, Newfies and Labs rock as people there are none friendlier in the world I reckon.
    Good luck with your future travels.
    Michael
  15. jwlester

jwlester Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just thought I'd check in and let y'all know I just got an email ad from motorcycle superstore that included a revit picture of Gino. I was excited to see one of your pictures out there. Just thought I'd share. Your stuff really is great. I'm glad you have found success doing what you love.

-Josh
  16. motosaint

motosaint LTLYLTL!

Oddometer:
    Wow! I'm so glad you posted an update on how you folks were doing! Your daughter is absolutely adorable and hearing about a second one on the way is just... Well.. Wow! I guess parenthood is for you! The news about Gino and Lauren is fantastic.

Keep us in the loop as to how things are going.... Best wishes!
  17. malibu_dan

malibu_dan Adventuring Mystic

Oddometer:
    Glad to see this thread pop up again. It warms the heart more than cc's to see Nadia's penchant for cycles. This RR is on my all time list of "most inspiring". Love the photography, love the story, love the people. Thanks for sharing, Gregor.
  18. oldhuskyrider

oldhuskyrider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Imagine my surprise, when I found out you will be moving out to my neck of the woods.

It sounds like the other FF in PDX are getting you squared away. I'll just tell you I'm looking forward to another ADV bike builder in the area.

:bmwrider
  19. Tbone

Tbone off-ramp slayer

Oddometer:
    I re-read this report once a year as it's just so wonderfully written and photographed. So happy to read everyone is doing so well !:clap
  20. sakurama

sakurama on an endless build

Oddometer:
    Thanks again guys!

Here's the latest addition to our family - Lucas Sete.

[​IMG]

He's just over a month old and for some reason I thought a second kid wasn't going to be too much harder. What was I thinking? It's way more work!

Yes, oldhuskyrider, Portland looms on my horizon in just 7 weeks or so. I'm excited and nervous about the move but more excited. Gino and Lauren and J and I have already decided that once we get settled it will be our perfect jumping off point to do the ride to Alaska that we've been wanting to do. That and we'll have so much more room to ride and hopefully find a place with room for Nadia to ride a minibike.

Gregor
    motosaint likes this.