5 years off. Time to get back on!

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by Nophix, Mar 7, 2021.

1. Nophix

Nophix Get Lost In The Moment

Oddometer:
    So a little over 5 years ago, I had some health issues, and we sold off the bikes. Aside from a couple short rips on a friends collection, I was out. Lots of life changes, all for the positive, and lots of work on health fixes, and I'm feeling great!

I was going to give it another year, but the urge finally bit me. On a whim, I checked with my CU to see if they did motorcycles, and my LO immediately pulled a preapproval and go shop NOW! He's a fellow rider, and knows me well. Had 1 deal on a C14 fall through due to the dealer not willing to come down even close to book value. Sucks, because they're under new owners and mostly new employees since I was last in there, and we've spent thousands with them over the years. Got treated like they had 0 time for me from the time I walked in. Such a bad experience I almost said forget it.

But, my wife found one a year newer at a dealer we've dealt with a couple times about 45 minutes north of the other. She said lets go, we're not in a rush, so lets shop! Missed that bike by an hour.... BUT, the dealer is amazing. And the sales guy, despite being super busy, took the time to walk me through everything that's new since I got off. He got to know me, and what I've had and how I want to ride.

I nearly ended up on a 2020 leftover z900. But then he showed my a 2015 FJ-09 he has with 1100 miles on it. According to my CU's LO, it's even under book by a good margin. I love my buddy's FZ-09, and this thing is just a more middle age friendly version. So yeah, did some paperwork so they could submit the sales contract to my CU and threw down a deposit. Underwriters are gone until Monday, but should be all good and picking it up next weekend!

It's going to be so nice to feel the wind again!

Attached Files:

yosso, katbeanz, chris1044 and 5 others like this.
  2. Nophix

Nophix Get Lost In The Moment

Oddometer:
    Picked her up and rode the 90 miles home today. Super windy, but I didn't care. It was so much fun and the bike is amazing! Probably the most comfortable bike I've had, too.
    yosso, dave0 and rich_mc like this.
  3. Manwell

Manwell Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just 7000 miles back on two-wheels after taking few year off myself... Be extra careful as you get back into the game.