1. eNewsletter Sign Up

50.000 KMs with the 950!

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by KTMax, Jan 16, 2004.

1. KTMax

KTMax Ninth of the Nazgul

Oddometer:
    I picked up the January issue of the German bike mag "Touren-fahrer" yesterday. They are running TWO 950 Adventures through long-term tests! A regular Silver and an Orange S model. The Silver bike has 32.000 KMs on the dail while the S is over 20K too. So this is more 50.000 test kilometers!

Problems?? None!... Nothing, zip, zero, nada!!...

Both bikes are ridden by 5 or 6 different journo's. Taken off road, long vacation rides, daily commuting etc. Hardcore enduro guys, touring heavyweights and clip-on race geeks switch keys. And the keys of both Adventures' are the first that are grabbed from their test fleet. The only critisism they have is the complicated precedure for checking the oil level. That's all. Beside this, nothing but praise and worship on every aspect of the bike and calling the LC8 engine Austria's Schwarzenegger... :evil

At the start of this test they were wondering if the euphoric impression the 950 made on the worldwide press would hold over time and much, much more KMs than a typical test-spin around the block. It does... And it gets even better with time.

These are not my words but just a reflection of the article. I though it's a nice possitive addition to the reliabilty discussion on the 950. I'm very curious how the bikes will do with 50K on both dails!
  2. barbasma

barbasma 100% CAROTONE

Oddometer:
    Sondrio (In the middle of the Alps) Italy
    auff.... good news...:):

a friend is just retourned to SUDAN.. 4000 km of hard offroad...

the only bike with NO problems? LC8

other africa twin and gs stopped by dirty fuel and other things...

his LC8 has 20.000 km but 60% are africa trips....:1drink