50th Four Winds BMW Riders Rally, New Bethlehem, PA Aug 19-21, 2016

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by ADVer, Jan 28, 2016.

1. ADVer

ADVer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sounds good. See you on the ride.
  2. Jedi Apprentice

Jedi Apprentice Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Not gonna make this one- doing a short local 100 yr anniversary party at Hermy's instead.

The wife and I are planning to do Finger Lakes Rally over Labor Day weekend. Hopefully meet some of you guys there.
  3. Rick G

Rick G Ranger Rick Supporter

Oddometer:
    Had a great time at your course today, in spite of the bent hand guard, broken turn signal and aggravated pinch nerve in my neck! LOL

Rick G
  4. ryder1

ryder1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I just want to thank the 4 Winds club for putting on a fantastic rally. With all of the speakers, music, off road training class, and tech session it was great. Dinner Saturday night was outstanding! And all of the door prizes.

Thanks again and I hope to be there for the 100th!
    Rick G likes this.
  5. Delnari

Delnari Tom

Oddometer:
    Yes, the dinner was excellent! No one went hungry, though the line of 350+ people took a while to get through. The GS Ride was slow and easy with no chance of someone getting out of sorts. Have the trails maps available for when I make back up to those parts with my smaller dual sport bike.
  6. Rick G

Oddometer:
    Certainly one of the nicer Rallies around. I was heavily involved with the 4 Winds Club when I lived in Pittsburgh. Even served on the Board for many years and President for a term just before moving to OH. I remember making a scouting run when we were looking for a new rally site. and thinking this place has real possibilities. Very accessible location. Great roads both paved and unpaved. And a rally site with mature trees and plenty of infrastructure, even if it needed some attention. The 4 Winds Club started helping to fix up the shower rooms, adding picnic tables and other projects. Good club with good folks. Lots of yuks were had.

That is why I do my best to get back to this rally every chance I get.

Rick G
  7. * SHAG *

* SHAG * Unstable

Oddometer:
    Great time! Thanks to all that made it happen! Riding 100 miles home this morning in heavy rain was a blast. How about the guitar player Friday and Saturday nites? :strum :super
    Rick G likes this.
  8. spartanman

spartanman regret minimizer

Oddometer:
    Great rally. I rode the Adventure ride Saturday (silver Africa Twin) and really enjoyed it. Does anybody have the GPS route?
    Rick G likes this.
  9. ADVer

ADVer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I remember the AT - Glad you enjoyed the ride. Been doing a variation of this route for 8 years ( with generally 4-8 riders) and the turnout this year was awesome - I couldn't even count how many we had - ?15. Maybe Rick G as the sweeper has the count - In spite of the large group, everyone did great!

PM me your email add and I'll send you the GPX file of the route.
    Jay
    Rick G likes this.
  10. Rick G

Oddometer:
    Jay,

I believe I counted 18 bikes in front of me making me 19. Great ride and you are a worthy successor to lead the ride that I started for 4 Winds back when I had my R80 G/S. Great road selection. Every time I explore that area I am amazed how many small country roads there are not to mention dirt roads through some very scenic forest.

Rick G