1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

5th Annual Pahrump NV ADV Rally Oct.31 - Nov. 3, 2019

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by NSFW, May 7, 2019.

1. headstaller

headstaller Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Noobs ride is in the work...
  2. Todd157k

Todd157k Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I think I want to head over to the Colosseum after Pioneer this year. Haven't seen it yet, and after a couple beers at lunch, should be an entertaining ride. :lol2
  3. garfey

garfey Scruffy Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    My first time in LA traffic was in '63; it wasn't bad then.
    Jrussette, NSFW and Migolito like this.
  4. Davethestick

Davethestick Long timer

Oddometer:
    Registered! (finally)

I am definitely looking forward to Pahrump this year as last year was an absolute blast! I may even try and score some of the tracks that @HBSURFDAD lead last year on his famous "Pahrump to Goodsprings to Dakar" ride last year.
    Also, I like the idea of leading a novice ride (you must like sand) down Sperry wash which is a really nice 80 +- ride through some really scenic canyons, option to stop at China Ranch for shakes & some super sweet mines along the way. @scyth3s @KICKNBACK we will actually find the mine this year!

Speaking of last year, as some of you remember, I did a couple of days scouting around Death Valley before heading to Pahrump on Thursday and I am planning on doing the same thing this year.
    My plans may drastically change between now and November but I'm tentatively thinking about exploring routes east of Bishop (Bristlecone forest) into Goldpoint and down to Pahrump depending on my schedule & the weather. If you have any specific must see's along that route I'd love to hear about them as well.
    If it's too cold, we will just stick to Steele pass into Goldpoint. I know its a busy time for people with families around Halloween but its an open invite if you're a competent rider on a Dual Sport. Drop me a message.

I'm also going to start stocking up on Coors Light for my vegas friends @Team Vegas as it was a little bit embarrassing last year when I nearly ran out!
  5. KICKNBACK

KICKNBACK Old enough to know better young enough not to care

Oddometer:
    Are you planning on camping out of the truck in DV or leaving it someplace and camping off the bike then return to the truck and drive to Pahrump?
    Just asking for a friend.......
    Davethestick likes this.
  6. Davethestick

Davethestick Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hello Kickinback.
    Its a little bit up in the air honestly. The ideal plan would be to ride out there and moto camp but if I'm alone, Ill just drive out and base out of PSR or Stovepipe. Obviously, the goal is to explore some of the further parts of the area & explore a little bit.
    I'm going to say the plan is to Motocamp. Estimate 250 Miles of range preferably & medium paced. I save the enduro racing for @emmi
    Migolito likes this.
  7. emmi

emmi Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Y'all down to do the asshole trail with me? Lmao
    KICKNBACK, Davethestick and HBSURFDAD like this.
  8. NSFW

NSFW basecamp4adv Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    thanks dave for the payment and to lead a noob's (with balls) ride. i've never been to China Ranch and will join your group depending on how things go in camp.

also. i just asked ersin to update the In List.
    KICKNBACK, Davethestick and HBSURFDAD like this.
  9. J Lewis

J Lewis Numb Nuts

Oddometer:
    Pahrump NV ADV rider rally participants,
    I will be doing a JLR Off-Road Training one-day class on Thursday October 31 at our Pahrump location. This is the first notice of the class. The cost will be $400. It is the best $400 you can spend on making yourself a safer and more efficient rider. I will be putting the class on my newsletter which will go out later this week and I suspect it will sell out then. So if you were planning on taking this class before the event, please send me an email to jimmy at jimmylewisoffroad.com requesting to be put on the list for this class and I will get you sorted. It is very likely that we will also be doing a two-day class the weekend prior to this event as well, if that is more your style.

As always I will be donating some money earned at this class to go into a fund to support land use issues in this area. The Nevada region this event is being held in is going through a BLM regional management update and we will need to be very active when it is released so we do not lose some of the excellent recreational opportunities specific to OHV use.
  10. headstaller

Oddometer:
    Thanks Jimmy.. quote to first page.
  11. HBSURFDAD

HBSURFDAD Oops, Sorry Supporter

Oddometer:

"It is the best $400 you can spend on making yourself a safer and more efficient rider."

Very true statement, I took his class in March, best upgrade/farkle money can buy.
    NSFW and GalacticGS like this.
  12. NSFW

Oddometer:
    Teaching and supporting land use. That’s awesome Jimmy.

Thank you.
    GalacticGS likes this.
  13. NSFW

Oddometer:
    those taking jimmy's class, here's something for us to practice right on the driveway. best is deflate the rear tire for better traction.

Davethestick likes this.
  14. outdoorsman

outdoorsman Lets Ride! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Alright. Now that I'm back from my Alaska trip, time to focus on this rally.

Registered!!

Joel, I have a truck bed tent so will be sleeping in the back of my truck. Is this ok?
    Davethestick and NSFW like this.
  15. Migolito

Migolito Prognosticator and MotoYogi

Oddometer:
    I'll answer for Joel. Yes. Just beware the midnite snugglers......
  16. NSFW

Oddometer:
    CONGRATULATION on your Alaska trip.

you're good. lots of participants do the same. a little cooler in the evening which is good.

:bore...........:rogue

oudoorsman, you been warned........also pahrump has a big population of nightwalkers and zombies

:evil
    Migolito and outdoorsman like this.
  17. outdoorsman

outdoorsman Lets Ride! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks, Joel!

Snugglers are fine as long as I'm the big spoon!
    NSFW and Migolito like this.
  18. tbarstow

tbarstow Two-wheelin' Fool Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    You'll need to establish dominance over @NSFW earlier in the evening if you want to be the big spoon.
  19. headstaller

Oddometer:
    ^ :jack
    outdoorsman likes this.
  20. NSFW

Oddometer:
    that's an extra fee....service charge.

:rofl

we're in nevada....we don't need a CCW permit. let's see who has the biggest gun!
    outdoorsman likes this.