5th Annual Pahrump NV ADV Rally Oct.31 - Nov. 3, 2019

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by NSFW, May 7, 2019.

1. Sfcootz

Sfcootz McRibbed for her pleasure Super Moderator Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I was stoked to finally get to meet him yesterday. :-)

Thanks for putting this on Joel. :raabia
  2. advFord

advFord Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well I didn’t make it very far. The bike started sputtering 18 miles out of Baker. Stopped to top off the tank and it wouldn’t start. As luck would have it, @JAB and Jason were once again there to the rescue. Trailering home now. Feeling very thankful for this awesome community.

Attached Files:

3. NSFW

NSFW basecamp4adv Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    81DB3F03-50F3-459D-B6F0-E163084E09AC.jpeg Key found. Yours?
  4. PukaWai

PukaWai Long timer

Oddometer:
    See? Shoulda just rode in from home! Why trust an automatic transmission? They wee made for people hat can't drive...
    LADAKAR likes this.
  5. JAB

JAB Unsprung Weight Supporter

Oddometer:
    Home safe and sound. Thank you Joel and all in attendance. What a great, fun weekend. Saw some old friends and met some new ones too. Again, soon .
  6. sugaree

sugaree Not a lady, not a dude Supporter

Oddometer:
    Left around noon and stopping over at Lake Isabella for the night.

Thanks Joel for organizing everything and especially for the RV hook up!!!! I don’t think I’ll ever tent again

See ya all at the N00bs rally.
  7. tbarstow

tbarstow Two-wheelin' Fool Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Home. Had a great time with everyone!
  8. beemerbum55

beemerbum55 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Kathy & I are home in Phoenix. Thanks for the fun weekend all.

Beemerbum55
  9. camello911

camello911 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Pahrump rally was awesome!
    took some dirt roads home.
    IMG_20191103_172312_561.jpg
  10. jasonfb123

jasonfb123 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Anytime Dan! It was a pleasure to help. See you at NOOBS!
    BiggieFalls and Sfcootz like this.
  11. LordMorgan

LordMorgan Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Made it home a-ok. Thank you @NSFW for putting on such a fun event, and to all the new friends I made it was really great to meet and ride with you all. See y'all at the next rally!

Anyone know when the drone footage will be posted?

1102191052c.jpg

Attached Files:

12. AllSeasonRider

AllSeasonRider Wandering, maybe a little lost...

Oddometer:
    On my way to Pahrump, I hit the Pinnacles
    20191101110247_IMG_3008.JPG
    20191101111538_IMG_3013.JPG

And Goler
    20191101130408_IMG_3015.JPG

And Mengel
    20191101141839_IMG_3017.JPG

And Striped Butte
    20191101145447_IMG_3018.JPG

Going home I hit Titus
    20191103124921_IMG_3039.JPG
    20191103125303_IMG_3042.JPG

And Emigrant (found this little hill climb)
    20191103135854_IMG_3046.JPG

And then beat feet home. Happy to be in my own bed tonight!

You'll notice a mirror missing in the going home photos (donated to the Rocky Gap boulder field), and a slight sheen from the spattering of oil from following @tbarstow

Oddly, the only photo I took of the rally proper was Bill about to slide off the face of the Earth.
    20191102_120531.jpg
  13. LordMorgan

LordMorgan Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Oddly, the only photo I took of the rally proper was Bill about to slide off the face of the Earth.
    View attachment 1975547 [/QUOTE]

You have to tilt your screen about 45 degrees to the left to see how that hill really looked
    advFord, jnyrav, Mofrid and 1 other person like this.
  14. LADAKAR

LADAKAR Adventurer

Oddometer:
    09A7191B-81A4-4BEB-A0EC-EB74CB1524AB.jpeg
    6F27A59E-7A7D-4D69-AB3C-1C05FECA1ACE.jpeg
    Rode trough the Mojave Preserve with Biggie on the way back and we had a great ride. Was not ready to head home yet to deal with problems so chose to procrastinate a bit and stopped for the night in 29 Palms. Heading back home this morning. Thank you everyone for the company, support, moto/truck tips and for the awesome time. I will post few more pics when I get home.

Attached Files:

15. thecoldman

thecoldman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    IMG_20191102_162837.jpg Good to see everyone. Thanks to Joel and company for having this event. also thanks to Miguelito and Tim B. for showing me around and hope to be a better rider when I get to DV Noobs this year. IMG_20191102_162837.jpg
  16. AloneInTheHills

AloneInTheHills Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Who knew losing a mirror, a phone, and cracking a windscreen (never liked that one anyway) could be an awesome couple days out. One of my goals for the rally was to improve my noobish riding skills by getting the big bike in some areas above my skillset - mission accomplished! Thanks everyone I met or rode with for the commradery and riding tips.

Photo by @LADAKAR

FullSizeR.jpg
  17. TemeculaTim

TemeculaTim Timiteo Viejo

Oddometer:
    Always look forward to Joel's Rallies and was real happy when a change in work travel plans allowed me to attend this years rally. I originally was going to wander over after spending some time exploring in Southeastern Utah and Northern Arizona, but a cold front, a few fires, and the high-winds delayed my departure until Thursday afternoon. All good because it gave me a chance to really go through and prep the bike and ....:-)add a few new fun-items for the trip.:nod

[​IMG]

My new plan was to ride over and take as many back roads as possible without getting on the freeway. So it was over the hill to Palm Springs then through Yucca Valley, 29 Palms, and a brief run back north from Amboy along route 66 to gas up in Ludlow. :ricky
    [​IMG]

Time for some dirt.....Took Crucero road to Kelso Dunes.Then back east to pick up Kelbaker road to Baker.
    [​IMG]

After a quick blast through the Mojave Preserve to Baker, I rolled into the Rally around 7pm. Time to PaRTaY:rayof
    [​IMG]

Joined @AloneInTheHills, @LADAKAR, and 3 others ON Friday for a run up to Lovell Canyon on big bikes.:smile6

[​IMG]

Great ride up into a Pinyon and Juniper forest.
    [​IMG]

@AloneInTheHills and @LADAKAR :thumbup

[​IMG]

We regrouped back near highway 160 and then it was a super fast ride into Sandy Valley.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I had a few minutes to kill while waiting for the group to show up and couldn't pass up a cold PBR on tap.:beer
    [​IMG]

Rode from Goodsprings back to Pahrump on Kingston and Excelsior Mine roads...Lots of fast riding trying to shake @LADAKAR and the big Cagiva off my butt.:lol3

[​IMG]

Stefano comes prepared for anything:thumb

[​IMG]

Saturday I decided to solo-ride through DVNP. Hit Titus Canyon early in the morning before the morons in the rental jeeps arrived.

[​IMG]

Still had plenty of daylight so I made a run up to Skidoo off the Wildrose road.

[​IMG]

Stopped for a quick refuel in Stovepipe wells and then took West Side Road to the 178 and then ripped back to Pahrump.

[​IMG]

Took mostly the same route back home....Never got on the 15, 40, or 10 freeways:clap

[​IMG]

Thankfully, I got all the riding in I will need to get me through the next 6 weeks away from home. :deal
    :thumbup:thumbupThanks Again to @NSFW, the volunteers, and awesome ADV sponsors who make this a great event. :nod
    byh, Fatallybitten, Pbro63 and 18 others like this.
  18. NSFW

NSFW basecamp4adv Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Dan.

it wasn't luck, Jason and Jeff have the gift of finding dead bikes in the desert, for the last 10 years I've known them......:D

and of course, for soliciting the Icon Jacket for our fundraising night, you earned extra karma points and got instant payback.

thank you JB bros for your service.
    JAB, jasonfb123, Team Vegas and 4 others like this.
  19. AllSeasonRider

AllSeasonRider Wandering, maybe a little lost...

Oddometer:
    @advFord earned karma points by babysitting my sorry ass through the Rocky Gap boulder field along with @tbarstow . I'm gonna have to figure out how to practice before n00bs...
    NSFW likes this.
  20. CA Stu

CA Stu Peace and love

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

:augie

Good time like always. Great to see old friends and make some new ones. :thumb

@NSFW always runs a great rally, thanks Joel. You da man! And, you're not that old, Jeez! :gerg

And thanks to @Fatallybitten for leading an extremely well run group ride Friday.
    Great pace, interesting route, stops for food and fuel at sensible intervals, well done all the way around.
    Group ride leaders could all learn a thing or two from this dude. :thumb