5th annual Soggy Bottom Motofest, Port Matilda, PA, July 23rd-25th

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by JJBucksnort, Jan 4, 2021.

1. proeasy

proeasy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That Bourbon thing sounds interesting,,,, may have to give it a try
    RyanLI and tjzondrz like this.
  2. t1hybrid

t1hybrid The bike whisperer

Oddometer:
    Aww man, doesn’t look like I’m going to have the entire field at FOwler Grove community center to myself and the airstream again this year! Seriously, I’m very happy that it will be at one location
  3. JJBucksnort

JJBucksnort Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    t1...you're definitely not going to be alone lol...HUGE spike in sign ups over the last week. I too am really looking forward to having everyone back together in one group!
    RyanLI and MoseFitch like this.
  4. Wood1

Wood1 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Dang. This is the same weekend as AMA Vintage days at Mid Ohio.

I will add that these guys do a nice job. I have gone to the viewings for the NEBDR and the MABDR that they have held and they do a bang up job.
    TheGG54 and Racer111v like this.
  5. JJBucksnort

Oddometer:
    Thanks Wood1!
    Wood1 likes this.
  6. StanBo

StanBo Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Can't wait. I really enjoy these events and riding with familiar and new faces.
    RyanLI likes this.
  7. JJBucksnort

Oddometer:
    Update: It's now confirmed that we've secured the BMW demo truck for Soggy Bottom Motofest! The truck will roll in on Thursday evening and demo rides will be offered all day Friday and Saturday.
    *note: the demo truck will be available for the general public as well as all SB Motofest attendees (negotiated with BMW).
    BMW Demo Truck.JPG
    desmo, Cattledog1969, RyanLI and 4 others like this.
  8. RyanLI

RyanLI n00b

Oddometer:
    haha, that was pretty cool seeing your setup there all by yourself. Not this year! Sorry...
  9. RyanLI

RyanLI n00b

Oddometer:
    I'll be coming from the Port Jefferson area and I know a few guys heading out from Nassau and the Brooklyn areas.
  10. BinDerSmokDat

BinDerSmokDat Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm thinking about doing this on the Ural. We (myself and a group of fellow Ural riders) have ridden NEBDR, Sproul, Bald Eagle and Moshannon before, but given the obvious width restrictions and lack of low gearing, we have to be a little more selective in trail choice.

Are any of the tracks narrow enough to exclude a Ural?
    I'm thinking about the gates, bollards and "entrance boulders" in Bald Eagle specifically.
    Though we can get past some of the gates/obstacles intended to keep 4WD vehicles out, we can't fit past all.

Just trying to get a feel for the trail choices.
    XPatriot and uraldude like this.
  11. PSUSkiracer

PSUSkiracer n00b

Oddometer:
    Yep! A couple of us. Where you based?
  12. JJBucksnort

Oddometer:
    Update 5/6/21: BMW Brand Ambassadors Shawn Thomas and Louise Powers are holding an Adventure Riding Clinic at this summer's Soggy Bottom MotoFest.

Maybe you have the dream. Maybe you've picked out the bike, purchased the gear, and even planned the trip. Or maybe you are a seasoned motorcyclist that is looking for the next chapter in your riding experience.
    We want to help you be best prepared for this adventure, and that comes through training!
    Click here to learn more about the details of the clinic, including what you can expect to learn, what to bring, and other frequently asked questions. Whether you're a beginner or a veteran, you won't want to miss this opportunity!

Registration is open, and spots are limited!
    $40 Per Spot
    Due to time and space constraints, spots for this clinic are limited. Register today to ensure your spot in this incredible experience!
    To register, call Megan at (814) 861-7890 and be prepared to make a $40 dollar deposit. We can't wait to see you there!
    RyanLI and StanBo like this.
  13. T_Hersh

T_Hersh Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    IN!
  14. foos

foos pfft.

Oddometer:
    Vintage MX course this year?! I really enjoyed it last year on my 800xc, however that thing died and now replaced with a CRF250 Rally....

can't wait! see you guys soon.
    JJBucksnort likes this.
  15. JJBucksnort

Oddometer:
    Yes...the supercross track will be open! Thanks for coming back, going to be a great time!
  16. JJBucksnort

Oddometer:
    Soggy Bottom Update 5/30/21:

Route planning well underway....spent the afternoon in the Bloody Skillet (we got a one day usage approval from the state) laying down some sweet tracks! We're currently at 150 registered riders with a hard cap of 200 (due to PA state agreement and caterer's max capacity). If you're thinking of attending, don't delay as we're trending at 10-15 registrations per week. Less than 2 months out!

Attached Files:

StanBo likes this.
  17. Joebmetro

Joebmetro 18 Husky 701E Supporter

Oddometer:
    I’m glad to hear that you moved it, Godspeed knows nothing about off-road events and pulled the same crap with The Pa wilds event. Are all bikes welcome?

is there room for a 40 ft. Fifth wheel?
    JJBucksnort likes this.
  18. JJBucksnort

Oddometer:
    Absolutely on both counts! We have plenty of room for your camper and all street legal ADV bikes/Dual Sports are welcome! Thx for the interest!
  19. Mpgoober

Mpgoober Adventurer

Oddometer:
    All signed up and can't wait to check PA. When do people usually show up Thursday or Friday morning?
    JJBucksnort likes this.
  20. JJBucksnort

Oddometer:
    Most roll in Friday morning...but we do have a handful that have requested to throw down their tents on Thursday evening and that's not a problem
    Mpgoober likes this.