5th annual Soggy Bottom Motofest, Port Matilda, PA, July 23rd-25th

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by JJBucksnort, Jan 4, 2021.

1. JJBucksnort

JJBucksnort Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Monday 6/7/21 registration update: As of 9:30 am, Monday 6/7/21, we are currently at 176 registered attendees with a cap of 200. If you have friends that are considering attending, tell them space is running out quickly. If the registration rate continues from last week, we will sell out this week. See you all soon!
  2. JJBucksnort

Oddometer:
    Monday 6/7/21 Update: 190 of 200 spots filled.
    LANDaemon likes this.
  3. JJBucksnort

Oddometer:
    Registration update Tuesday 6/8/21, 8:30 am: 198 of 200 spots filled. We are going to go to a wait list after these last two spots are filled.
  4. StanBo

StanBo Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Do the RV spots have electric? I saw no hook ups and thought that was for waste and water.
  5. JJBucksnort

Oddometer:
    There are no electric hook ups, field camping. We will have the campers in a separate area away from the tenters so that you can run a generator.
    StanBo likes this.
  6. JJBucksnort

Oddometer:
    StanBo likes this.
  7. StanBo

StanBo Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sweeet! I don't have a genset yet. Just a Transit with some solar and backup batteries.

Good to know. Thank you!
  8. Mikezx18

Mikezx18 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I think I read somewhere that there is an onsite supercross track. Could you please confirm that if I brought a motocross bike the track would be available for riding.
  9. JJBucksnort

Oddometer:
    Yes the supercross track will be available for riding at Soggy Bottom...bring your motorcross bike!
  10. sttm4

sttm4 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Trying to decide which bike is best for this event Ktm 690 R or 1290 SA. I did the NEBDR last July on the 1290 SA and the Vermont class 4 trails doable , but I would have had more fun on the 690 in those sections . I'm from PA and have road the MABDR with no issues on the 1290. I will be showing up with two guys one on a 1090 and the other on the new 700 TE. They keep asking if I'm bringing my cheater bike. I'm just curios on the terrain, we do ride the 7 Mountain Dual sport every year so we are familiar with Bald Eagle. Any info appreciated .
  11. JJBucksnort

Oddometer:
    Hello there, bring the cheater bike unless you want to stick to the B routes ;)
  12. sttm4

sttm4 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks will do .
  13. Scourge

Scourge Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I found this after it was sold out. Is there day access if I just want to roll in to shoot the sh*t for a bit if I promise not to fill a growler from the community tap? ;)
    eddie bolted likes this.
  14. JJBucksnort

Oddometer:
    That would be fine Scourge, BMW demo truck will be there all day Friday and Saturday and that's open to the general public.
    eddie bolted likes this.
  15. IncTomi

IncTomi Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Anyone leaving Friday from NYC or Long Island/ Westchester looking to ride together and back on Sunday?
  16. JJBucksnort

Oddometer:
    Update 7/10/21: we put the finishing touches on ride 4 this afternoon. Less than 2 weeks out! Finalized itineraries will be posted later next week and gps tracks will be emailed to all registered attendees on 7/19. Thank you to the riders that helped with today’s tracks…took some ingenuity to keep one of the bikes running after losing a timing plug!

Attached Files:

RememberTheFallen likes this.
  17. IncTomi

IncTomi Adventurer

Oddometer:
    This sounds great! Thanks @JJBucksnort for putting all this hard work in along with the riders who are helping out. Looking forward impatiently for the 23rd now!
  18. JJBucksnort

Oddometer:
    We’re stoked too and you’re welcome!
  19. Ghilly

Ghilly Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well I waited too long to buy tickets and it appears I missed this ride. Crap!
  20. JJBucksnort

Oddometer:
    Add yourself to the waitlist on eventbrite and I'll get you in. I spoke with the caterer last night and we can handle 25-30 more people. If any of you have been on the waitlist, you should've received an email this morning authorizing you to complete your registrations. If not, check your spam folder!