5th annual Soggy Bottom Motofest, Port Matilda, PA, July 23rd-25th

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by JJBucksnort, Jan 4, 2021.

1. Ghilly

Ghilly Long timer

Oddometer:
    thank you! I bought my ticket and will be there. Am I able to camp there thur night? Can you post some timeline details as in what meals are covered, days and times for each ride? I need to know when to head there and when the event is over so I know when I will be getting home.

Thanks,
    Ghilly
  2. JJBucksnort

JJBucksnort Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sure Ghilly....finalized itinerary will be posted later this week and also emailed to all registered attendees. Yes you can camp Thursday night.

But basically:

Meals provided = Friday dinner, Saturday breakfast/lunch/dinner and Sunday breakfast

Ride 1= 1:30 Friday
    Ride 2= 8:30 Saturday
    Ride 3= 12:30 Saturday
    Ride 4= 9:00 Sunday
  3. JJBucksnort

Oddometer:
    Heads up to all that are on the waitlist....we released tickets to you today and you should've received an automated email from Eventbrite with a link to complete registration. If you haven't, check your spam folders as there's a good chance that it ended up there.
  4. JJBucksnort

Oddometer:
    Finalized itinerary attached.....this time next week we'll be kickin' it into high gear!!

Attached Files:

5. JJBucksnort

Oddometer:
    An email with a pdf attachement that includes GPS notes and a link to the downloadable gps tracks has been sent out to all registered riders. If you're signed up and have not received the email, check your spam folders. See you soon!
    RememberTheFallen likes this.
  6. RememberTheFallen

RememberTheFallen Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just how difficult are the A routes? Saw the note about walking the one section but no description of what an A route is overall. Enduro style trails or just simple single track? Will there be bail outs if I get in over my head?

For reference I am a slow B/fast C class off-roader and will be on a 1290r.

Really looking forward to this!

Joe
  7. JJBucksnort

Oddometer:
    Hi Joe, you'll be able to handle everything on your 1290 except the connector on Ride 2A (use the 2B bypass). I would recommend that would be for smaller dual sports only. In the notes, when the term "single track" is used, it's ATV width single track...not enduro. You should be fine, but 50/50 tires is a must as there will be plenty of mud/water.
    RememberTheFallen likes this.
  8. RememberTheFallen

Oddometer:
    Awesome! Thank you for the quick response and getting all of this organized!
  9. VACommuter

VACommuter Long timer

Oddometer:
    20210722_091026.jpg
    Loaded up and hitting the road shortly. Looking forward to a weekend full of shenanigans.
  10. VACommuter

VACommuter Long timer

Oddometer:
    648682787.jpg IMG_0003.jpg 20210722_163258.jpg

Attached Files:

11. VACommuter

VACommuter Long timer

Oddometer:
    20210723_092342.jpg
    Family Chill and Grill for breakfast.
    20210723_090226.jpg
    Inexpensive, tasty, and filling. A hat trick.
    Mark_O and Unhooked one like this.
  12. VACommuter

VACommuter Long timer

Oddometer:
    20210724_070039.jpg
    Wakey wakey. Eggs and Bacey. Saturday morning fuel up for two rides.
    20210724_065411.jpg
    20210724_065421.jpg
  13. Kevin H

Kevin H Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sat Lunch Stop

Attached Files:

ADVer likes this.
  14. RememberTheFallen

Oddometer:
    Had a great time getting the SAR dirty for the first time! Thanks to all of you for making it happen! Hope you recover quickly Josh!

Attached Files:

15. * SHAG *

* SHAG * Unstable

Oddometer:
    Many thanks to the Kissell Crew, BMW Demo Crew and the Food Crews !! Great place to have a gathering for this type of crowd. There was never a dull moment ! Really enjoyed it ! Looking forward to next year!
    JJBucksnort likes this.
  16. Kevin H

Kevin H Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Any word on how JJBucksnort (Josh) or the other rider is doing?
  17. IncTomi

IncTomi Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Many thanks to Josh and his team who put together a fantastic event! True to his word, the beer did not run out and there were plenty of food and the rides were much fun (if not, a little too fun especially the third one :). This was my first rally and definitely looking forward to attending many more Soggy Bottoms in the future.
  18. Ghilly

Ghilly Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks to all who helped put this together! This was my first time here but I will now be coming every year. I wish Josh a speedy recovery! I have two ideas that may be helpful in future events though. I think a way to check in and out system would help knowing if there is missing riders. On Sat there was a few riders stuck on the trail till late. Next, I think a shorter option 3 on sunday for guys and girls who want a nice short easy ride with no worries of getting into some hard riding or a 100 mile ride that takes some riders 3,4,5 hours would be great too. But this was a great event with so many great people! Thanks for all the work!!!
  19. JJBucksnort

Oddometer:
    Hello everyone! I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone that attended, it was the biggest and best Soggy Bottom yet! An update as to Roger Curtis and his injuries: He sustained multiple broken ribs and a collapsed lung. He did need a chest tube and is still in the trauma unit at Altoona medical center. They removed the vacuum from the chest tube this morning and did an x-ray to see if the lung would stay inflated. I asked him if he minded if I share this information because other riders were asking and he said it was ok. I think Roger will be in there for a few more days, so if you attended and have time to drop a card in the mail (room 578), or reach out to him on this forum (Capt Scoots) I'm sure it would be a great encouragement! As most of you know, I took a pretty good fall too. I broke ribs 4 through 8 on the LH side and had a partially collapsed lung (did not need a chest tube thankfully). I was released from the same trauma center yesterday and am going back to work today. Ghilly, your thoughts are well received and agreed upon by many. There's always things to learn and we'll be hosting a post event meeting to generate a report on ways to improve for next year. A couple of "bail out" routes from ride 3 would also help solve that problem. I definitely am a bit of a nut and always seem to err on the side of challenging/long! Also, more remote support teams to help scoop up broken down riders (I can't believe how many mechanical issues there were this year lol, but I guess that's mostly a function of how the event has grown). Onward and upward and I'm already excited about Soggy Bottom 2022!
    StanBo and RememberTheFallen like this.
  20. JJBucksnort

Oddometer:
    Hi Kevin and thanks for your concern! I provided an update on Roger in the thread and I'm doing well...going to be a long painful couple of weeks, but I'm home and going to work today.
    Kevin H and RememberTheFallen like this.