5th annual Soggy Bottom Motofest, Port Matilda, PA, July 23rd-25th

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by JJBucksnort, Jan 4, 2021.

1. ADVer

ADVer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Josh,

Glad to hear that you’re both doing better and on the mend.

Thanks again to you and your enthusiastic staff for hosting such a wonderful, well - run and supported event for the riding community.

As you grow and attract riders of differing skill levels, experiences and objectives, maybe consider separate Dual-sport routes (maybe A and B), and split off a BigBike Adventure route (C) to accommodate everyone’s riding styles and abilities. I was definitely challenged to the limit this year!

Take care and looking forward to the next one.
    RememberTheFallen likes this.
  2. RememberTheFallen

RememberTheFallen Long timer

Oddometer:
    I had a great time and personally loved the difficult routes. Rode all the A routes and even accidentally rode the alternate line switchbacks on my 1290 (gps was messing up so followed another group). Nothing was overly difficult for me. I was pleasantly surprised of the nature of the routes. So many rallies are just forest service roads. This was “just right” on the Goldilocks scale. Less difficult would have approached boring.

Maybe add a C route option and more bail outs on the the other rides. No need to separate it into dual sport or big bike IMO. We already had someone complaining “no big bikes on the switchbacks” although I had no issue going right up. Separating routes into big bike or DS would only make that worse I fear.

Thanks again for the great time! Food was pretty good, beer was great, showers were awesome, and camaraderie excellent!

Glad you are out of the hospital and hopefully Roger gets out soon!
  3. RememberTheFallen

RememberTheFallen Long timer

Oddometer:
    For those of you that haven’t seen it, the car wash photos from Friday are up on Kissell Motorsports Facebook page!
  4. Capt Scoots

Capt Scoots Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Josh, thanks so much for putting on such a great event. I can't imagine how many hours of work it would take to put together and pull off an event of this caliber. I was released and got back home Wednesday evening and have been recuperating slowly. I received excellent medical care first at State College then when transferred to UPMC Altoona's Trauma unit. Please thank your employee that drove me to State College. Also, thanks to the kind soul that helped pull me out of my chair after dinner on Friday. I'm planning on a full recovery and looking forward to riding as soon as I can. I had broken my back in November and was very glad this crash didn't involve my back. Broken ribs are no fun, I hope you heal quickly.
    RememberTheFallen likes this.