6/10 - Head 2 Holt for Lunch & Kelsey Smith Benefit Ride

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by Rusty B, Jun 8, 2007.

1. Rusty B

Rusty B No time

Oddometer:
    Head 2 Holt, Missouri for lunch on Sunday, June 10th

10:30 - Meet at MotorcycleCloseouts if you want to ride to Holt as a group. We'll take the long way around Smithville Lake. All bikes welcome. :)

12:00 - Lunch in Holt @ Dolly's Diner. Cash only. ATM nearby.

1:00 - Leave Holt and ride to HOAME Vintage Bike Show at Kansas Speedway. See www.hoame.com/rally for more info. Entry fee $5.

4:00 - Leave Bike Show and ride to Kelsey Smith Benefit Ride at Target - 95th & Quivira. See www.kelseysmithbenefitride.com. Donation $20.

Check www.head2holt.com for more info.
  2. tbirdsp

tbirdsp REMF

Oddometer:
    I have at least 2 other guys riding down from Omaha with me. We'll probably just eat lunch and blast for home. 400 mile round trip.
    Who else is in? Deadly, pilot?

Edit: 5 guys coming down from Omaha now:D
  3. Deadly

Deadly Asphalt Adventurer!

Oddometer:
    I've already done 900 miles this weekend (did 300 miles of Missouri back roads) but I will be there for lunch. I would never turn down a food stop! :rofl
  4. tbirdsp

tbirdsp REMF

Oddometer:
    Holy crap, just looked at the weather radar:eek1

We'll probably still make it though.
  5. Deadly

Oddometer:
    Hey Mike,

If you guys change your mind and dont head down this way leave a message here.
    No sence me getting out in this stuff if no one is going to be there.

P.S.. Its raining cats and dogs outside right now.
    (I know because I just stepped in a poodle). :jack
  6. G.Gordon

G.Gordon Nation of Frustration

Oddometer:

Richard you really need some new material.:poser

I may ride up to Holt for lunch only and then head home. Honey DO's got me booked this weekend.

The Strom did get her birthday bath yesterday. She turns one year old later this month.........11,000 fun miles on my first bike.
  7. Deadly

Oddometer:
    Well, no one showed up today except me and Tbirdsp, Frank Tabor, and two other guys from Omaha, NE.

The lady that runs the place said to tell the rest of you guys this:

"The rest of those guys that didnt show are a bunch of whimps." :rofl

One of the guys from Omaha was riding new sportbike. He said its the first sportbike he has ever had.
    I was pretty impressed that he had never had one, but jumped on the bike and rode with Mike, and Frank on such a long ride temp tag and all. :bow
    (A couple of riders came in looking for Rusty as we were finishing lunch though)

Now if we could just get that hippie McB over here once in a while from KS. :D

:ricky

Attached Files:

8. tbirdsp

tbirdsp REMF

Oddometer:
    The guy on the Gixxer was Frank's nephew Justin. That actually isn't his first sportbike - he had a Yamaha he totaled in Arkansas.
    Guy on the FJR was Greg.
    400 miles for the day. We got a little wet on the way home, but it's sunny now.
    And if you weren't there , Dolly said you are WIMPS

:lol3
  9. G.Gordon

Oddometer:
    correction..............that is DRY WIMPS.:icy

that is all.
  10. TroyWolf

TroyWolf Student in the art of less

Oddometer:
    Daryl & I showed up to represent the dualsport crowd. Nice meeting you NE guys and you, too, Deadly.

We barely got rained on all the way up and back. We did 42 miles of back road and gravel heading up, and 40 miles of mostly back slab heading home.

We came across 2 other dualsport riders--one on a new KTM dualsport--I'm guessing 640 class, and the other on a blue DRZ400. We assumed they were heading to Holt, but then we passed them a second time heading the opposite direction on the north side of Smithville Lake. Any of you know who it was?

Man it was good to be out on the bike again. Between my wreck, the healing, fixing the damage to the bike, and having my first baby--I've been off the bike for 2 months. It was going to take a lot more than rain to stop me today!
  11. McB

McB Joe 40 ouncer

Oddometer:
    Hey, now. I can hear you.

Was going to go to the Hoame rally early and come back by noon for the opening day of honeydo season, but my ride partner bailed at 7 because of the weather report for KC. Didn't get a bit of rain here, other than 1/8" or so at 5 am.

The only riding I did today was a) sitting shotgun for an hour with a 16 year old trying to get some miles on her learner's permit. (Do that on gravel for 10 miles and see who's the wimp. :D )
    and b)taking my buddy's '61 Matchless 650 to the end of his driveway and back. It's running again after sitting in the garage for probably 7 years without being started. What a hoot. Can't wait to take it down the road a bit. Tractor motor with a right-shift 4-speed, and brakes that are apparently there only to give your hand and foot something to do until gravity scrubs off the bike's inertia on its own.
  12. Montek

Montek Eternal Noob

Oddometer:
    Sorrry fellow advers, but, I was at breakfast out by the track this a.m. and it started raining again about 9.00 - 9:30, I got nervous about the rain and the possiblity of high winds and storms so I split for home asap! About 20 miles west of k.c. race track, it stoped and turned out nice,WTF!!! So, I would never make it back in time to meet up, I and went looking to get lost nort of hwy 24. Made it home around 3:00p.m. Just got nervous about afternoon storms and riding 3 hours in it. Sorry I wimped out. Next time I'll be sure to have monday clear so I could possibly stay in K.C. Sunday night. NO EXCUSES - Just didn't feel up to fighting the weather today - maybe to much scotch saturday:freaky :huh :lol3 :evil :D
  13. katbeanz

katbeanz earthbound misfit, I Supporter

Oddometer:
  14. TroyWolf

TroyWolf Student in the art of less

Oddometer:
    Dean, that looked like a great time! You didn't miss much here. Thanks to your help fixing my bike this past week, I got to ride today. :)
  15. katbeanz

Oddometer:
    You're welcome Troy, had to even things up for your gps tips. Like I said, I don't make housecalls for just anybody! :thumb
  16. G.Gordon

Oddometer:
    I figured you were out that way. Glad you had a blast. Are you going to WestFest? iYeager and I are riding dirt most of the way there (700+ miles:huh ) Should be there by lunch.
  17. katbeanz

Oddometer:
    Yep, probably going, I'll be hauling down though, can't carry enough creature comforts. I do have a line on some second hand dirtbagz and the brackets from one of the rockies guys. :D