6 weeks 17 750 kilometers Traveling Around Australia

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by nevgriff64, Nov 29, 2007.

1. nevgriff64

nevgriff64 .

Oddometer:
    G`day Sinned.. :wave

Thanks for the kind words, mate.. :thumb

I enjoyed doing the ride report and grateful now that I have something I can look back on to remind me of it.. :clap :clap

Will need to add a bit more to it shortly as i`m heading down to Tasmania in a few weeks time.. Will be taking the Super Enduro for this ride and really looking forward to it.. :wings

G`day Leigh.. :wave

Excellent to hear your doing your own lap of Oz, mate.. Make sure you take plenty of photos and do a tour diary of the days events and also record your thoughts.. It will help when you do your own ride report and will bring back those memories in more detail.. :clap

As far as the BMW outfit is concerned.... Had a bit of a mishap coming home from the World Superbikes at Philip Island last weekend.. Felt a strange vibration and decided to pull off the road to check what it was.. As I was slowing down, the rear wheel of the bike fell off.. Managed to stop it heading back out into the traffic and came to a grinding halt.. Seems you need to recheck the wheel studs every now and then and all 4 worked themselves loose.. Considering I was travelling at 105 - 110 Kph before I decided to stop and the wheel fell of at about 50, I think I got off very lightly with the damage that was done.. Was hard enough keeping it off the road at 50, wouldn`t like to think about what it was like at 110.. :huh

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. mookymoo

mookymoo Mookish Mook

Oddometer:
    Well... thats BMW's for you Nev.... :lol3

All jokes aside, thats a narrow miss :huh - glad it ended well.
  3. Srowlandson

Srowlandson BMW F650GS Dakar

Oddometer:
    A great way to spend the night reading up on your adventure. Great read.

Thinking of putting in a date for next year in my diary...
  4. nevgriff64

nevgriff64 .

Oddometer:
    Well, its been a long time coming but in a little over two weeks, i`m heading over to Tasmania and continuing the adventure.. :wings
  5. Austrip62

Austrip62 n00b

Oddometer:
    Had to move departure 8-10 days late ( tailer not ready ) will head off now around 20-21 August 2011.
    Still willing to take on a mate or mate-et to go for a ride ( long ride ) will take in Tas as well.:freaky
  6. Thommo

Thommo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yes Nev-I've just stumbled across this-great RR-unassuming-nice sensibilities-loved the humor and the wit-look forward to Tassie report- sort of like the seminal work !
  7. Billy Pilgrim

Billy Pilgrim Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just discovered this report today Nev.
    I'm only up to page 8 so far and was surprised to learn how hot it gets up in NT at this time of year.

Looks like the trip of a lifetime or even the first of many.
    The photos are stunning.
    I'm planning something similar next year leaving early July and taking 2 months.

Hope you enjoy your trip to Tassie.
    'Brilliant biking roads' is what I was thinking in 2007 when I took the family for a lap of Tassie in a hire car :cry
    But it will be a tad nippy at this time of year.
  8. Lolthatguy

Lolthatguy Has a Zombie House

Oddometer:
    I have no idea how I stumbled on this thread, but geez Nev, what a fantastic RR!! :clap

You make me want to get on the bike, and just ride :)
  9. nevgriff64

nevgriff64 .

Oddometer:
    Hi Rat110,

Glad you enjoyed the report mate. :thumb

Lets hope it gets you thinking about doing your own lap one day. :evil

Nev.
    Phil_Fong likes this.