~600 Mile Loop Out of Mesquite, NV

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - West & PNW' started by brotherkimball, May 12, 2014.

1. brotherkimball

brotherkimball n00b

Oddometer:
    A huge thanks to Crawdaddy and Countdown, I pieced most of this together using their tracks!

My brother and I were on KTM 525 EXCs and my dad was on his KTM 950 SE, this ride was pretty much the perfect ride for that combination of bikes, nothing so technical or nasty that the 950 couldn't do it, but still tight enough that it was fun on the 525s.

There was one section between Duck Creek and Cedar City that we had to cut out because of snow, there was no gas in Hatch when we went through, but there was everywhere else.

I didn't clean these tracks so there are a couple parts where we got lost or I ran ahead on the 525 to see if it was passable on the 950.

Any questions let me know!

Attached Files:

2. brotherkimball

brotherkimball n00b

Oddometer:
    Day 3 and 4 tracks

Attached Files:

3. wbbnm

wbbnm Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the track. We are going to be doing a lot of that area starting tomorrow on a loop from Albuquerque.

I might look into including some of your stuff too.

How was Elbow Canyon outside Mesquite?

Also how was the primitive road on top of the mesa that you took south after heading west from Elbow Canyon. That road doesn't show on a lot of maps.
    We are currently planning to take the "better" road a little further west down in the valley. We want to do the eastern part of Nutter Twists again and not miss Butch Cassidy's hideout this time.

We are doing kind of the reverse of a ride we did a year ago.

Here is the RR for that one and a link to our tracks.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=892221
  4. brotherkimball

brotherkimball n00b

Oddometer:
    It was a little nasty for the big bike, a lot of jagged rocks sticking straight up. It wasn't that hard, just slow going because we didn't get to get a flat from hitting one of those rocks too hard.