602 races King of Motos 2014

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by 602, Jan 27, 2014.

1. gee

gee Safety First

Oddometer:
    Great report, thanks!:clap
  2. SUPERRIDE

SUPERRIDE Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! THAT WAS EPIC!!! JUST EPIC!!!!!!!!!:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap
  3. Pariahtize

Pariahtize Miscategorized

Oddometer:
    You may not have made it through the KOM this year. . . but your ADV ride report kicked ass!!!
    :clap

Awesome efforts ya'll!

(I just may see you out there next year)
    :huh
  4. MountainsandRivers

MountainsandRivers loves dirty things!

Oddometer:
    Congratulations on the attempt and here's to a main event finish next year.:freaky
    My condolences on your grandfathers passing, but way to go using it as inspiration instead of a mind funk.
    Until the radiator failure, were you not having any boiling/ overheating due to Evans? I have been running it since last spring with no issues, but admittedly have subjected my bike to the torture you just did..
  5. TheDudeAbides

TheDudeAbides Sarcasm free11/11/10

Oddometer:
    This may be 205, but here's Cody Webb winning the hole shot and cleaning the first climb like it's a forrest service road

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/HokKW1tiB_U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  6. HellSickle

HellSickle Scone Rider

Oddometer:
    It seems to me that the Yamaha riders are the cause of 90% of all bottlenecks. :evil
  7. TheDudeAbides

TheDudeAbides Sarcasm free11/11/10

Oddometer:

Yamaha? They make pianos.
  8. HellSickle

HellSickle Scone Rider

Oddometer:
    Well, I guess that explains a lot.....
  9. thump_co

thump_co ..ouch

Oddometer:
    Nice work, Matt. Way to represent!
  10. Patj551

Patj551 Motorcycle & Empowerment Coach

Oddometer:
    EPIC!!!! You got gutz, skillz, and huge respect from me! Sending condolences for your loss. I'm sure he'd be damn proud
  11. 602

602 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The Evans coolant worked great. If I was running regular antifreeze, I would have boiled over. For riding gnar on these four strokes that generate a lot of heat, it is a must have item. I am going to order some more. I need to replace the coolant that I leaked out into the Mohave Desert when the radiator was bleeding over the rocks.
  12. 602

602 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You should!
  13. 602

602 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Pack your bags and schedule your vacation. You need to come out there in 2015. I want to triple the amount of Colorado riders next year. This race is only going to get bigger. We need to be a part of it.

Paging Enuro-ince, Cross Country and VxZeroKnots. I hope that you can make this event as well.

Everyone that has ridden 5MOH is capable of competing in this event. If you are on the fence, I highly recomend this race. This truly is America's premier extreme enduro.
  14. thump_co

thump_co ..ouch

Oddometer:
    Did you get any lungfulls of the stuff? Been running it in the 450 for a couple years now and have sucked down way too much. Such a sickly sweet smell. Gotten to the point it makes me want to hurl.

Looks like fun... but I decided to stay home this year and spend the last week coughing up large amounts of lung butter instead. Good times.
  15. Gordy

Gordy SUPPORTER

Oddometer:
    Great report!! :thumb
  16. Wentjo

Wentjo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Awesome report! I think I would like to give this a try next year, looks fun. Does anybody still have the GPS route they gave out? I'm going to be down there later in the month would be cool to check it out.
  17. enduro-ince

enduro-ince dirtslave

Oddometer:
    That was a great read Matt, thanks for sharing your story about this sicko race.
    How many hours were you on the course before the crash that ended the race for you?
  18. rtadlock

rtadlock Long timer

Oddometer:
    Awesome stuff Matt.
  19. Tha Rick

Tha Rick Shake and bake!

Oddometer:
    Great RR! Sorry for your loss.

:clap:clap:clap:clap
  20. 602

602 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I was about five hours into the day. Even if my bike didn't fail, I was going to be pulled from the course around check 4. My pace was going to be a factor as they started tightening the time restrictions. I wrecked my bike because I was so exhausted. I need to spend the next twelve months getting stronger so I can handle the big bike for an 8 hour day. Not a small task.