640 Adventure Tank Bag Review

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by v8turbo, Jan 10, 2007.

?

KTM Tank bag - No Tank Bag - Other Brand

1. Factory KTM Tank Bag all the way

2. Factory KTM Tank Bag Blows

3. Other Brand Is what you need to get.

4. Tank Bags in General Blow

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Gilarider

Gilarider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    That enduro bag looks about the same size as the expedition small which I got for my adventure.

I think it is really well made and you don't need a raincover, which is nice. I just think it gets in the way riding on dirt when you need to get some weight over the front sitting or standing.

It is probably the smallest bag out there though, and anything smaller would probably be a waste of time. I like it up as far forward as possible and that means covering the gas cap and taking off the breather hose which is a hassle filling up, but only for a few seconds.

Bottom line, I only use it for loaded touring and am just not a tankbag guy, even thought the wolfman is a great bag.
  2. dhally

dhally Hammerhead Supporter

Oddometer:
    My Wolfman Enduro is never in the way and although small, it holds everything that needs to be close at hand. You can gas up without moving it. It comes off easily enough but putting it back on takes a minute or so.

I found out accidentally that a CycloActive barpack folding mapcase mates up with the velcro on top of the Wolfman very well. The mapcase that comes with the Wolfman is too small for my maps.

I think the Wolfman Small Expedition is a similar size, water proof, no zippers and it also expands up.
  3. sss

sss paid to worry

Oddometer:
    +1 more for the Enduro
  4. Sparrowhawk

Sparrowhawk Long timer

Oddometer:
    I want to use a tank bag for both longer trips and running errands/commuting aroung town. I want to be able to take the bag with me when I get to the cafe, store, work, etc. Do the Wolfman expedition bags have a convenient quick mount/disconnect hardware so it's easy to bring them off the bike with a few quick clips without stringing the straps through the frame and tank? If so, can you ride with just the mounting staps left on so it's easy to mount the bags when you need them and leave them at home when you don't?

The pictures on Wolfman's site and those here don't show the kind of detail of the mounting system to see how it works.

Thanks.
  5. nfranco

nfranco over macho grande?

Oddometer:
    +1 Enduro Tank bag
  6. dom02

dom02 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Got the enduro about 6 months ago. Doesn't hold a whole lot, but never gets in the way. Just picked up the Wolf Tail after my Eclipse bit the dust. Nice combination & great quality!
  7. Zapp22

Zapp22 ZAPP - Tejas

Oddometer:
    I just got "sold" ! will purchase today.
  8. rapiti

rapiti IOR Veteran

Oddometer:
    The Touratech tank bag I have might best meet your needs. It is big, vertically expandable, and has a heavy zip off base. I think the KTM hardparts bag is similar, but the zip is lighter duty, along with the fabric. Not the best for trail riding, but good for what you are describing.
  9. fasteddy

fasteddy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Southern Ontario, Canada ( Niagara Peninsula )
    I've been using the KTM Hard Parts tank bag (640 Adventure) for the last three seasons, the tank bag gets in my way when standing (I've got a 29 inseam) might be OK for taller riders. The main encloser zipper has failed, pulled right out of the bag at two different spots. To be fair I may have stressed it a couple of times. The stitching should be more robust.
    Hopefully I can get a Wolfman Expedition small tank bag shipped up here to the Great White North

Ed...
  10. v8turbo

v8turbo When in Doubt.... Gas it.

Oddometer:
    i called the wolf and got the small expedition bag.

stand by for a review when it shows up.
  11. K80JIM

K80JIM Super Tanker

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]I am using the KTM Tank Bag and like everything except the way it pokes you at the rear corners. If they would have tappered in the back end about 1 to 2" it would be perfect. If I had it to do over.............might look at another bag.
  12. losiu

losiu wheelie addict

Oddometer:
    OK but is it me or is the Wolfman bag really a third of the size of the KTM factory bag (and Touratech, for that matter)... ???

Losiu
  13. judjonzz

judjonzz Beastly

Oddometer:
    The KTM bag is a nice enough bag for its price, abot $50 less than the Wolfman. Not too long after i bought mine on the net, three buddies showed up at my house with the same bag on their DR650s. Seems a local dealer had a special (but nowhere as cheap as $40; at that price a guy could have two).
  14. mrkartoom

mrkartoom Lurker Extraordinaire

Oddometer:
    Hello I'm looking for a bag for my LC4-E. I found this thread and assume the bags mentioned for the Adv's will fit mine as well. Can anyone confirm that or give some advice for a bag form my E?

So far I like the Wolfman Enduro from what I'm seeing.

Thanks
  15. JimC

JimC Long timer

Oddometer:
    I agree with Creeper, I have the small Wolfman Expedition bag and think it is one of the nicest tankbags I've ever owned. I am amazed at how much it will hold for its size and how well it is made.

I owned the KTM tank bag before I purchased the Wolfman. I found it was to large and got in my way when standing on the pegs. It also started to self destruct after a few drops, so I switched to the Wolfman Expedition. I couldn't be happier with a product.

Jim in Sacramento
  16. skibum69

skibum69 slave to gravity Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Cause it's only been 11 years since there was any traffic on this thread and pretty irrelevent I figured I'd add some new technology. Running the Mosko Moto Nomad on my 640 and am really liking it. Tons more space than my Wofman wee one and it doesn't interfere standing up at all. Fitment is excellent.
    [​IMG]
    my first iceberg of the season
    [​IMG]
  17. meat popsicle

meat popsicle Ignostic

Oddometer:
    (pin drop)

but to be fair I posted up my valve lash inspection / adjustments in Creeper's thread and got the same response.
  18. krmtclml

krmtclml Adventurer

Oddometer:
    This is perfect, I was just trying to figure out how well the Nomad wound fit on my 640A, and this 13 year old thread just answered my questions. Gotta love advrider.
  19. gunnerbuck

gunnerbuck Island Hopper

Oddometer: