640 Adv's owners with centerstands

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by PASSMORE, Jan 26, 2005.

1. PASSMORE

PASSMORE Just the last name...

Oddometer:
    Hi all,

At Tech Daze recently I mentioned I would be adding the "tab" that allows you to more easily put you bike on the centerstand onto my stand (the one later year models have).

LC4 Pilot mentioned that he would like a set of the parts I have fabricated to have welded on (at his location) too...

Sooo, I am putting it out to you all right now. I do not know the price yet, I merely need a number so I can get it over to my guy so he can do it all in one batch (and get a price) - They would be delivered to you in their raw metal state suitable for welding, everything else would be up to you to get done (I will include Creep's diagram for your welder). I cannot imagine it will be all that much. PM me before the end of the week if you are interested.

Thanks.
  2. Nom de Guerre

Nom de Guerre Long timer

Oddometer:
    :clap :thumb

Well, you can obviously count me in! Thanks, Mike!
  3. creeper

creeper Still alive...

Oddometer:
    Gona' crank out a "batch" huh Passy... good idea. :thumb
  4. DC950

DC950 Microadventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm interested if its cheap!
  5. empedrado

empedrado Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I would be interested in one of these for my SXC and could possible find more buyers if you decide to start making a number of them
  6. markjenn

markjenn Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sorry if I'm not up to speed on other threads, but could you explain what you're doing a little more? Is this just a tab on the factory centerstand so that you don't have to chock the centerstand leg with your foot?

- Mark
  7. PASSMORE

Oddometer:
    Precisely that Mark... I have been using a sidestand only because I thought of the centerstand as an unnecessary PITA. I then rode Boejangles bike and noticed just how easy that tab made it to use the centerstand.

All that I would be providing is the tab and support - attachment to your stand is up to you.
  8. PASSMORE

Oddometer:
    From PM's and this thread looks like we have 4 and a maybe right now...

I will take "orders" till COB Friday and then find out the price per piece for ya'll.

This will likely be one time thing - you can all thank Anthony for his foresight in jumping in to see if he could get the parts :clap Just thought I would toss it out while my guy is on it :D

PS - Arch/Rad, other mods - if you don't mind could you refrain from tossing this in the vendor forum? This is just a one time deal for my KTM Thumper buds... Thanks :thumb
  9. PASSMORE

Oddometer:
    It is going to be a one time thing. I am not trying to make any money off this, just a favor to my buds here...

I would be happy to pass on the specs to you though so your buddies could get their own done should they not get in on this.
  10. empedrado

empedrado Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Go ahead and include me for two. I am sure at least one buddy will want one.
  11. PASSMORE

Oddometer:
    And empedrado makes it 6 !!!
  12. AlexR

AlexR Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi,

I would love using the centerstand if I only knew a simple way to lift the thing... can i know your techniques for doing this?

can i see a photo of this TAB device you guys talk about?

Thanks!

-Alejandro
  13. PASSMORE

Oddometer:

If you look at Boejangle's centerstand you will see a "tab" sticking out off of it.

This is the peice I am referrinf to and going to have welded on to mine.

[​IMG]
  14. Nom de Guerre

Nom de Guerre Long timer

Oddometer:
    General instructions (even without the tab we're discussing):

1. Push the centerstand down until it touches the ground. Put your right foot on it, to keep it from sliding/moving when you hoist the bike onto it.

2. Keep your left hand on the left handlebar grip, and grab one of the following options with your right hand:

A. The kickstarter (swing it out and use as lever). Make sure you only use the kickstarter with the bike NOT running.

B. The passenger footpeg bracket. Be careful not to burn your hand on the Exhaust!

C. The rear rack side attaching rail (on the forward left side of the rear fender)

3. Carefully pull the bike onto the centerstand. Put a little muscle into it, and it should not be too difficult. Keep your foot on that centerstand until the bike is up securely on it.

I tend to use the kickstarter most, but if I need to do it with the engine running, I use the rear rack. I hate getting burned!

The tab that Passy's gonna have fabricated makes the whole process much easier with far less muscular effort.
  15. markjenn

markjenn Long timer

Oddometer:
    Pass, I'm in for one, subject to final cost. Thanks!!

- Mark
  16. PASSMORE

Oddometer:
    And Mark makes 7 :clap

Mark and all... On the cost thing, I cannot imagine a bit of metal and a bit of effort will be all that costly... What I will do is just pass on the cost to ya'll, toss some S&H on it to cover box/packing/shipping (I will likely round this so I do not have to fuss with exact shipping costs to each person). We'll make it work... :thumb
  17. creeper

creeper Still alive...

Oddometer:
    And I get a spiff for the inital engineering and CAD drawings... right? :evil
  18. PASSMORE

Oddometer:
    Absolutely Creep :nod

I think you will be both pleased, amazed, repulsed, and astounded at the spiff you will receive :lol3
  19. AlexR

AlexR Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey great advice... i had no idea you could use the kickstarter for pulling the bike... will this harm it in any way?

Now about that tab.. seem like a great idea... THAT i can have made here for close to nothing (here=Guatemala). I will try this techniques...

BTW... that seat LOOKS great... is that aftermarket?

Thanks everyone

Alejandro
  20. AusieRob

AusieRob Just Gas It!!

Oddometer:
    I've been looking at an OEM '03 Adv stand. Quoted $99.00 plus shipping, not too bad concidering it has the tag and powder coat the right colour. BUT! they can't say if its a direct fit on my '99 Adv. Anyone out there with any experiance?

Anyway, If we can get the price lower than that (painted etc) then I'm in!