1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

650/800GS Aux. Lights

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by JakeCWU, Sep 11, 2008.

1. JakeCWU

JakeCWU The Notorious H.O.G.

Oddometer:
    Here I sit, awaiting my lovely new 650GS twin, reportedly sitting on a boat between Bremerhaven and me. I hope she's not lonely. I'm in the process of farkling her out and I'm wondering what folks have discovered with the stock lights. Good? Bad? Ugly? Worth the money to add TT or similar aux fog/driving lights? Or not necessary? This will be my year round rider/commuter/Occ. distance and adv. tourer and I want good lights. What have you found?

G-
  2. hungrosity

hungrosity Oh! So I'm the Ass

Oddometer:
    My buddy replaced his 12GS headlights with HID lights.....not aux. lights but the headlights themselves. He saved a ton of money by putting ones designed for a car instead of the bike ones. Saved several hundred dollars. He mounted the banks under the tank......650 and 800 don't have a front tank but I wonder if there isn't room under the cover somewhere.

They are bright as hell..... I tried to find the thread with pics of how he did it but I will have to look some more.

T
  3. Zapp22

Zapp22 ZAPP - Tejas

Oddometer:
    I dunno if its adaptable, but there is an inexpensive HID "kit" tagged for V-strom sold on EBAY that is very good quality. unbeatable price. There are some pics buried in this forum showing a 'strom lit up with the twin HID's.