6500 mile Great Lakes Circle Tour info/route/GPS info needed

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Central, Texas & Gulf States' started by Melensdad, Sep 3, 2018.

1. Melensdad

Melensdad Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt

Oddometer:
    My wife and I are planning a trip for 2019 and looking at running the 10,000km - 6500mile Great Lakes Circle Tour but much of the info seems to be dates. Many of the websites have broken links. The Great Lakes Commission, which helped develop the route seems to have abandoned their support?

Route follows (roughly) the shoreline of all 5 Great Lakes, plus the St Lawrence Seaway.

LINK to a bunch of links => https://www.thefullwiki.org/Great_Lakes_Circle_Tour

There is plenty of information about the Lake Superior Circle Tour that is current. So I have information about that individual leg of the journey. Michigan's tourism dept seems to have plenty of info about running its coastline on the various lakes it borders. I've got some info for Lake Erie's circle route.

I can't seem to find much information that connects the various routes. Not finding any downloadable GPS data, etc.

Anyone here able to help us out with GPS data for routes around any of the individual lakes?