$69 Thanksgiving Thank You from Kriega USA!

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by amanlikemike, Nov 23, 2011.

1. amanlikemike

amanlikemike Recovering Speedfreak

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    Dear Inmates,

Just a quick note to wish you and yours a very happy Thanksgiving. Everyone at Kriega admires and enjoys ADV Rider massively, and we are truly grateful for the important part of our business y'all have become. So... you know... um... thanks Baldy, and all the other nutters involved in building this community, for giving us riders an amazing cyberspace to shoot the shit.

With that in mind, if anyone is thinking of giving (or getting!) the gift of bike kit this holiday season, we thought this coupon might come in handy.

If you're on our mailing list or a friend on the Kriega USA Facebook page, you'll have already been sent this. However, as a token of our ADV appreciation, if you use the coupon code KUSAFUS10ADV instead of the one in the graphic below, we'll knock another $5 off your order (only at www.kriega.us). And you don't need to wait until Friday either. :evil

[​IMG]

Here's a link with some more info: clickety-click!

Happy holidays and do feel free to pass this on! :freaky

All the best from Kriega USA.
  2. Brit in SF

Brit in SF Been here awhile Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Great timing. Planning on pulling the trigger one of your back packs.

Couple of questions.

Which back packs are considered waterproof?

The site has some that require a liner, but I cannot find the liner on the site.
    Another pack states it is waterproof and another one does not mention if it is waterproof or not and does not discuss the need for a liner.

I am easily confused ;-)

Also which ones would accommodate a 17" laptop?

Any help would be appreciated.
  3. amanlikemike

Oddometer:
    Hey Brit,

Glad the timing worked for you! From what you say, it sounds like the R30 could be the pack for you. It is the only one that is 100% waterproof (the others are highly water resistant, but anything with a zip - even a sealed one - cannot be guaranteed to keep water out) due to it's roll-top Drypack construction. It will also easily accommodate a 17" laptop, although I would recommend keeping it in a case e.g. our Kube 4.

Kriega just discontinued the waterproof liner, and are working on a new version, but that won't be available for a little while. However, you can pick up something that'll do the job from most camping / outdoors stores. Or just wrap anything you really can't risk getting wet in a plastic bag.

I hope this info helps. If you want to let me have a little more detail on the kind of stuff you want to carry in the pack and the kind of riding you'll be using it for, I can see if there's a better match, but - so far - it sounds like the R30 would be spot-on. Feel free to call on 504.872.9367 or PM me a number I can reach you on and I'll be happy to talk you through the options.

Have a great Thanksgiving!

Michael
  4. Brit in SF

Brit in SF Been here awhile Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the response.

I will call tomorrow sometime to ask some further questions.

Cheers!!!
  5. amanlikemike

Oddometer:

No worries, fella. Glad to be of service. Call any time and ask for me. Or PM me a number and I'll give you a shout.

Michael