690 Enduro R 2020 best lowering options - Kouba or Shock internals?

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by exiledinaus, Sep 29, 2020.

1. exiledinaus

exiledinaus Get off my land!!!

Oddometer:
    Hi all, I have read many threads here on what people have done to lower their 690s but I was wondering what is the consenus on lowering with the Kouba link versus having the KTM mod done?

I am a trail rider not a racer and yes I know I should learn to balance/it shouldnt matter etc... etc...

And also is the Seat Concepts low comfort seat the best one? I am in the UK and can get one sent over but wonder if people (especially in europe) have a view if there is a better option?

Thanks in advance everyone
  2. xWickedx

xWickedx Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I just installed the ktm8-1 kouba link. This one is the lowest you can go without modifying the swing arm. I’ve really been enjoying because now my feet actually touch the ground lol. It was pretty easy to install and didn’t take much time but the only thing I can say is that you have to drop your front triple clamp down the shocks a certain amount and that really changed the way you turn as mine now turns really quick when you lean into a corner. Overall the turning is really the only issue I’ve run into but really there is no way around it besides just learning the bike again.

I just ordered a seat concepts low comfort gripper top seat about 2 weeks ago, it has yet to ship but they make it clear on the website that they have up to a 45 day lead time due to the conditions. I’m excited to get the seat and how well it goes with the kouba link.
  3. exiledinaus

exiledinaus Get off my land!!!

Oddometer:
    Thanks Wicked - so other than the fast turn in, the handling has been ok? what about faster 80mph+ type stuff on tarmac? any head shake?
  4. xWickedx

xWickedx Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yes handling is completely fine and easy to get used to. I have not gone over 80 yet but either way completely stock I would still get head shake but would just keep my arms stiff lol. I’m sure it will be fine.