6th Annual Flying Monkey Adventure Rally, ZION, UT October 13-16, 2016

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by GeoMoto, Mar 29, 2016.

1. browneye

browneye PIN IT & BANG GEARS

Oddometer:
    Booked in with the 'group reservation' dry camping from Wed to Sun - it is $10.80 per person per night, wife and I.
    Still seems like a great deal for the location. Bringing the RV and towing the truck with bike this time, wife and the dog. Looking forward to it.
  2. RT66AZ

RT66AZ Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Any ideas on where the led group rides are going which day?
  3. danketchpel

danketchpel Long timer

Oddometer:
    You can put myself and Chaz Y down for attending.
  4. GeoMoto

GeoMoto Head Flying Monkey Supporter

Oddometer:
    Can't wait to see you guys!
  5. GeoMoto

Oddometer:
    We haven't pinned down the rides yet. We are still doing some exploring. I will let you know ASAP.
  6. KMC1

KMC1 There is no spoon.

Oddometer:
    OK what the hell, count me in. 1190R maybe be 2-up if I can find someone willing to slather me with baby oil and be willing to go Dutch on the meals..... :photog

Jesse "ding, you have mail"....:lol3
  7. browneye

browneye PIN IT & BANG GEARS

Oddometer:
    A potential ride destination...Toroweep

Just for planning sake, I mentioned to Spafxer that I wanted to take wife-Sherry to Toroweep with the 4X4 Colorado, since we are pulling it with my bike behind the motorhome to Utah for the week. I thought this would be a nice opportunity to show her some of my ride destinations over the years. Toroweep is one of those, a very cool place. I told her I would alternate days of riding my Husky, and driving her and dog-Gracie in the truck. We also want to see Zion of course, Bryce, Cedar Breaks, etc.

Anyway, we haven't chosen a day, and are flexible, we'll be there for a week in the RV. So if you want to arrange a support/rescue truck for a longer trek the offer is open. Can bring water or snacks, gas, or whatever.

We've had the truck for a year but just got the towing setup. Going up to Monterey next week to try it out...next big trip is Zion Ponderosa!

Jess, we'll have lots of room if you need anything brought out for the rally.

Chris & Sherry Brown - be sure to stop by for a beer with us, or a cup of coffee early.

[​IMG]

Minietta Cabin Road, Panamint Valley

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    KMC1 likes this.
  8. RT66AZ

RT66AZ Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Toroweep sounds good...never been there....I guess if Bryce is done we can get permits to do that one overlook that they do ATV tours to? Looks like a nice setup....I'm kind looking for a towable PU ( (hopefully without the driveshaft disconnect) that my KLR can fit in and that the combined weight is under 5k.... Kinda nice sometimes to have a mobile hardwall base camp.....
  9. Texas Dirtrari

Texas Dirtrari Adventurer

Oddometer:
    One more RSVP, Kimchi Kommando (Alan) will be riding with me. I just ordered two T-shirts. Also reserved an RV slot. Can't wait!
  10. spafxer

spafxer Long timer

Oddometer:
    Will have to research the permit?? to ride/drive down to Tuweep now?

Wouldn't want to get booted out ............ again !!

:photog
  11. radio4095

radio4095 n00b

Oddometer:
    My self and a friend are in! Coming from Fort Collins, CO! Looking forward to this!

One note, is there going to be a OHV permit required for where we are riding?
  12. Promach 1

Promach 1 Promach 1

Oddometer:
    Are there plenty of tent sites. I would like to make this one, but am waiting to see what kind of weather we have between MT and UT. Should I book ahead and cancel if I can't make it?
  13. spafxer

spafxer Long timer

Oddometer:
    Technically since we are street legal no additional license on the bike is needed for offroading. I know Colorado has that additional single track "fee", but I have not seen that catch on in other states.
  14. spafxer

spafxer Long timer

Oddometer:
    Plenty of room in the area we occupy. This place is huge and it is fall/almost winter so I'm not making a reservation. If I wanted a cabin or RV site then I would recommend reservations.
  15. RT66AZ

RT66AZ Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Actually if you are in Arizona and hit State land, an OHV sticker is required for vehicles less than 1800 lbs to use the roads....do anything but
    drive on the roads, as in camp, hike, picnic etc and you need a recreation permit also. The AZ OHV sticker is required even if you have regular license plates. The recreation permit is required even if you walk in. Again we're talking AZ State land, not NPS, USFS, or BLM.
  16. radio4095

radio4095 n00b

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the info. I got a Colorado OHV sticker, glad to know I don't need to get another!
  17. RT66AZ

RT66AZ Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I know there are some "deals" with other states but you still would want to check with either Arizona Game and Fish or possibly Arizona State Parks... it's getting so by the time you get all the different stickers from all the different agencies you have to readjust the sag....
    danketchpel likes this.
  18. GeoMoto

Oddometer:
    Hello everyone. The rally is fast approaching and I look forward to seeing you all.
    As of right now there will be the traditional Friday Ride out to Toroweap and Saturday will be the "Lonny Ride". Thursday and Sunday are free for all rides and in the past riders group up and head off into different directions.
    If you want a T-Shirt and haven't ordered one, please do it before Sept 15th.

-Jesse
  19. GeoMoto

Oddometer:
    Now that's the life!! Have fun and ride safe!
    I will let you know if I need anything.
    -Jesse

20. Ken Hooligan

Ken Hooligan aka Hooligan LT

Oddometer:
    I'd be interested in attending if anyone around LA/SoCal has extra truck or trailer space for me and my small bike, I can throw some $ your way for your troubles... I could meet in Barstow or Riverside if you are coming from Northern CA or San Diego...