6th Annual Wailin Wayne Weekend September 5th -8th 2019 New Straitsville, Ohio

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by AFHans, Aug 20, 2019.

1. AFHans

AFHans Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm attending the Wailin Wayne rally this year. If you have info on the area regarding ADV riding, will you share it please? I'm looking for GPS files, names of trails, and any fun riding in the area. And post any other interesting info as well please.
    TownPump likes this.
  2. AFHans

AFHans Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  3. TownPump

TownPump Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The Ohio Windy 9 is a collection of nine nice routes all starting and returning to Athens. (A great college town that is a must visit near New Straitsville). The website has downloadable maps/gps files and a free paper map can be ordered which is worth it.

Be sure to at least ride the triple nickel (Rt.555), but be careful on it. It can be a challenge with all the blind turns/crests and occasional gravel in the road.

You will need a trail pass (for riding the Wayne National Forest trails) but they are cheap and available at the campground.
    AFHans likes this.
  4. quixand

quixand Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I just found out about this event, but the website says it is "SOLD OUT." Any idea if there is a waiting list? I called the phone number and got an answering machine. Also no response to email I sent. Anyone know any better?
  5. quixand

quixand Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Follow-up: Do you have to be registered for this event to get GPS tracks for the fire roads / trails?
  6. AFHans

AFHans Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Quixand, I just saw your post. The rally was fun. Regarding GPX files, no the Rally does not have anything to do with them. The trails are all managed by the Forest Service. The trails are well marked so the simple map provided was good enough.

For next year's rally checkout the Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/WailinWayneWeekend/

For general Forest Service trails:
    https://www.fs.fed.us/ivm/