6th Rally At The Rock, Combs, Arkansas Oct 1-3

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by BigDeal, Jan 15, 2020.

1. BigDeal

BigDeal oh yeah.

Oddometer:
    pre registration is now closed. see the post below for how to find us and you can pay when you get here.

If you feel sick as the rally approaches you can get a refund of registration fee. Don't come if you feel ill.

Rally At the Rock
    October 2-4 2020
    Combs, AR
    The Razorback Riders would like to let everyone know that we will be holding our 6th Annual "Rally @ the Rock" at our club campground in the Ozark National Forest on October 2-4, 2020. For those of you that attended the last year's rallies you already know what our club and our area have to offer motorcycle riders of all types.

The rally will be very similar to last year's format. We will still have everything from last year's rally- Razorback Rider-led rides on trails and roads, .gpx routes, etc.

For anyone interested in last year's rally that wasn't there, here is a link to that thread:

Preregistration will be $50 for everyone attending the rally ($60 at the door), which will include participation in all events as well as Saturday morning continental breakfast and Saturday night cookout dinner as well as tent camping. It also includes GPS tracks and an event sticker. Everyone that is attending the rally will need to at least be registered at this minimum level. All attendees will have the option to buy a t-shirt ($15) on the pre-registration site and there won't be any guarantee that there will be enough leftovers for people that want to buy one that they didn't reserve but we normally have a few.
    [​IMG]

As for the RV camping fees, those will be $25 per night and will include electrical hook-up, water hook-up, and access to our facility's dump station. This fee will be per RV campsite. So one electric and water hookup site that is being shared by multiple people (spouses, riding buddies, etc.) will only need to pay the $25 per night, NOT $25 per person per night. If you just want ot park in the field and not hookup or use the dump station then there is no charge.

We also have a Facebook page for the event https://www.facebook.com/groups/225359791191850/members/

We hope to see a bunch of you in October!
  2. Z50Started-it

Z50Started-it Mini Trail Supporter

Oddometer:
    October 1 - 3 looks like Thursday through Saturday. Will we be able to stay over until Sunday Oct. 4?

Or is this like a hotel reservation: Arriving Oct 1 for three nights, checking out on the 4th?
  3. jowannab

jowannab Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looks like ill be Parying at the Rock on my 73th B-DAY... Cany Wait..
    BigDeal and rjharris like this.
  4. BigDeal

BigDeal oh yeah.

Oddometer:
    yes. I meant to type 2-4, I'll edit the post
  5. Tigerkf

Tigerkf Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Is there a website for the rally? I don't do Facebook.
    BigDeal likes this.
  6. BigDeal

BigDeal oh yeah.

Oddometer:
    just this thread and FB. but pre registration is now open and that is on our club's website. I am going to edit the original post to include that right after posting this reply.
  7. BigDeal

BigDeal oh yeah.

Oddometer:
    Per registration is now open.

http://razorbackriders.org/DualSpor...oRI4r9IuF5QECTMbn4u3OmYp32OLjPrfgSeMvorDTAPOk

So RATR 2020 is happening. 3 changes this year (so far): 1. if you feel sick you can get a full refund of your preregistration fee. Normally we say non refundable because we buy food based on that # but this year is different and we don't want anyone felling a little sick and felling like they want to come and get their $'s worth... Or you can get an ass kicking if you show up sick. Wait... we have to social distance so maybe more like a stoning. We have a lot of rocks, so yeah.. we'll go with stoning. 2. We are not going to do the cook out style meal that we usually do. We'll probably have some kind of packaged meal Saturday. That is TBD but we will have food somehow. We don't want everyone using the same tongs and reaching in and grabbing buns. We normally serve buffet style and that won't fly this year. 3. We have to get signed off by the health department to get our permit from the forest service so we'll have to post up some signage that tells you things you already know, check temps of the "workers" and maybe limit the # of people in the clubhouse, we'll have some hand sanitizer and soap to wash those hands... We'll have a fire pit going outside and be mostly outside anyway.

I look forward to seeing everyone in October.
  8. razorbackrider

razorbackrider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Can't wait! Always a good time, great riding.
    BigDeal likes this.
  9. motogramps

motogramps Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Are the tracks Emailed or received at the rally
  10. Specularius

Specularius Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Emailed. But someone is normally able to give them to you there. I will have my laptop there so I can help you if needed.
    BigDeal likes this.
  11. motogramps

motogramps Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Registered
    I'll get my old ass down there thurs. haven't ridden any tracks west of 23 .
    Looking forward to riding somewhere different.
    BigDeal likes this.
  12. motogramps

motogramps Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Are there fire rings at the tent sites
    And can we bring are own firewood
  13. WFO1

WFO1 Living the Dream Super Supporter Supporter

Oddometer:
    This rally is going on the same weekend as the Ark 500. Should be lot of bikes and riders. Be safe and enjoy.
  14. truckergemi

truckergemi Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Now I don’t know whether to ride this one, or the eureka springs 500... is one more big bike friendly?
  15. advmgm

advmgm Long timer

Oddometer:
    There are plenty of big bike friendly places to ride with either.
    I know the Arkansas 500 is big bike friendly for sure.
    BigDeal and mo_rider like this.
  16. mo_rider

mo_rider the dude abides Supporter

Oddometer:
    I don't think you can go wrong with either. I've done both. Arkansas 500 is usually more big bike kinda rides as its mostly awesome backroads and a lot of miles. It's normally hosted out of the big cat sanctuary but if I understand the situation this year, it's out of mulberry mountain. Which is actually right down the road from the razorback Riders Campground which is where the rally at the Rock is hosted.

I personally like rally at the Rock because the Campground is right next to miles of great off road riding from mild to wild and that's more what I'm into right now. But it's also a great base camp for big bike stuff too. The whole area in that part of AR is awesome. That said, Arkansas 500 is hosted in basically the same area this year so you can do pretty much any kind of riding from there too this year.

I like the hosts of both. Tough decision. I'll be opting for Rally at the Rock, personally.
    hondamxracer and BigDeal like this.
  17. ramkas

ramkas Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Registered. Big Deal , I did not see a T-shirt option. Mo_rider, I am bringing your old bike down this year. :)
  18. BigDeal

BigDeal oh yeah.

Oddometer:
    I ordered the shirts already so we cut off the T shirt option on pre reg. I'll have some extra. i hold back sizes for people that pre reg early and pay for a shirt. But I'll likely have a shirt for you.
  19. BigDeal

BigDeal oh yeah.

Oddometer:
    there are about 3 or 4 fire rings around and fires are limited to those because of mowing. but, yes you can.
  20. mo_rider

mo_rider the dude abides Supporter

Oddometer:
    Right on! Looking forward to laying eyes on her again. See you then!
    BigDeal likes this.