'72 Benelli 250 SS Projects

Discussion in 'Old's Cool' started by Cam3512, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Cam3512

Cam3512 Cam from NJ

Oddometer:
    I recently picked up this Benelli with only 247 original miles. It's pretty complete, and still wears the original tires. Turns over with good compression, but no spark yet. Looking to clean it up and get it running as is (for now). I've already begun gathering the couple small things that were missing. It's a very cool looking bike! Any assistance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm a Guzzi guy, and this Benelli is very new to me.

Cam

Attached Files:

893cv, rightsideup, MZRider and 4 others like this.
  2. LAkevin

LAkevin Adventurer

Oddometer:
    my freind Paul Montgomery has a buisness importing parts for these. His company is moto Guzzino http://guzzino.com/. Contact him. He'll be interested in your bike and can help you network with other folks.

I have a 66 175 2 stroke sport. It's pretty cool, but those egg motor benellis are another class.

That Benelli is a great little bike and fast. I have a friend with one and he can get that thing up to 70 pretty easily.

Good luck.

Kevin
  3. spokester

spokester Long timer

Oddometer:
    Of all the "Power Egg" designs I like this one the best!
  4. Cam3512

Cam3512 Cam from NJ

Oddometer:
    Thanks Kevin, I’ve bought lots of stuff from Paul over the years for my Guzzis, and recently for this bike. He’s a pleasure to deal with.
  5. Donson

Donson Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I bought one of those for $5 at a garage sale in 1972.
    It met an untimely demise. :(