790/890 Adventure / R / Rally owners, show yours!

Discussion in 'Parallel World (790/890)' started by a.c.e., Apr 17, 2019.

1. Chivvalry

Chivvalry Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I like it! I’m probably going to experiment a bit more though... I tend to try 3-4 screens before settling on The One for that bike. It may end being the airflow at the end but I like to see options. Windscreens are key to enjoying the bike IMHO.
    Ninjafreak likes this.
  2. asphaltsurfer1

asphaltsurfer1 CatManDew

Oddometer:
    A good reason for bendable alloy radiators as opposed to plastic. That’s a pretty hard hit. Good it didn’t leak.
    windblown101 likes this.
  3. Noneking

Noneking Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  4. t3scn

t3scn Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Got the right thread this time :jack Creeping towards first service on the Rally one shopping trip at a time
    CB9F3DB7-2D2C-4CE9-A530-F09873755C40.jpeg
  5. David_Moen

David_Moen Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Double post, sorry. Put this in the wrong thread. I'm so happy to get out and get on two wheels again!

890_MedRes.jpg
  6. t3scn

t3scn Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Now has a bit of patina (pre-wash)

F311E6DB-892E-47BF-A35F-6841B3DB4FA1.jpeg 2C97B140-F8E5-4EE1-A17A-AF3DE0742CB9.jpeg
  7. Dan D.

Dan D. Long timer

Oddometer:
    Those don't look like Africans...
  8. windblown101

windblown101 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Why not?

Was a great vid by the way. Those guys look like they know how to have a good time.
  9. Dan D.

Dan D. Long timer

Oddometer:
  10. windblown101

Oddometer:
    Acutally I didn't want to assume that was what you would consider an attempt at humor. My mistake.

:finger
  11. Dan D.

Dan D. Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ouch.

Anyways, it was a great video... And I always forget south Africa is basically a UK satellite office.

But, if you want to make it about race or something else, that's cool. KTM ready to race...
  12. chippertheripper

chippertheripper motorcycle junkie Supporter

Oddometer:
    I quite like the orange on orange. I better get to work trashing my stock plastiques.
    sv74 likes this.
  13. windblown101

Oddometer:
    It's your joke. I didn't make it about anything. I simply asked "why".
  14. kirill_k

kirill_k Adventurer

Oddometer:
  15. TrailTrauma

TrailTrauma Nemophilist Supporter

Oddometer:
  16. kirill_k

kirill_k Adventurer

Oddometer:
    On a positive note, I've had a couple of rides with guys form South Africa and they made excellent impression on me.
    I actually have communicated with English speakers from many parts of the world and found all of them to be very nice people. It might be because of my limited understanding of fluent English. On the other hand, I guess most of all I enjoyed "beers and laughings" with Richard and David from Exclaim Enduro Tours, Cyprus, and to those of you who don't now David in person, I can tell that, though being Scottish, David is extremely easy to understand since his speech half consists of the "f*ck" 8)
  17. nibby

nibby Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    @kirill_k looks like you are in a great part of the world to attempt the road of bones/old summer road routes? have you done them before or any plans? It's on my list, just need the time.
  18. kirill_k

kirill_k Adventurer

Oddometer:
    At first I couldn't quite catch, what did you mean by "the road of bones" or "old summer road".
    So I went on telling about those gentlemen from South Africa, and since I've really enjoyed their company, I don't want to delete warm words abouth them. Their names are Mr.Bradley Festraets and Mr.Corne Niemand. I've met them in Dubai, where Bradley has been running a company providing guided enduro tours to the desert. I rode with them twice: in August, 2013 and February, 2015 - both times were magnificent experiences. Unfortunately, they quitted this business some time later, and I have no idea of their current occupation, but whatever it is, I strongly recommend both of them as very nice people, extremely strong riders and passionate motorcycle adventurers.

Back from Dubai, it suddenly occured to me that "road of bones" must have something to do with the road to Magadan. Sorry for being goofy (bad to be me). But russians, actually, rarely call it like that, probably because this name could be pointing at too many of our roads. We usually call this particular road simply Kolymsky truct (which literally means Kolymian road) - and, surprisingly, it sounds more ominous.
    No, I haven't done it yet, and yes, sure enough I would like to ride it through. One of my buddies did it a couple of years ago, so when he feels like repeating it, I'm going to join him.
    But I have to tell you, Kolyma is a challenging and interesting region to ride, but not the most beautiful. I strongly advise you to pay attention to Kamchatka. Graham Jarvis seems to have enjoyed it.

Baikal lake is also absolutely astonishing.
    tonyubsdell, nibby and Dan D. like this.
  19. jimbop

jimbop Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well the new graphics have been applied and my new 890R won't get mixed up with others. Just waiting for my Arrow mid pipe and I should be able to start ripping. Also waiting for Suspension 101 to get my shorter springs in and then George can do his magic as I'm vertically challenged at5"6". I have already carved an inch and a half out of my seat so I'm getting closer to the ground.

IMG_0224.JPG IMG_0226.JPG
  20. David_Moen

David_Moen Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Nice! Love the graphics! Looks kinda cool without a silencer on it too!