790/890 Soft Luggage Thread

Discussion in 'Parallel World (790/890)' started by Nowwhat, Jan 3, 2021.

1. alonad

alonad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thx thats the type of answer I was looking for.
    To see why the preference:beer
    Perun likes this.
  2. kubcat

kubcat Riding is Eudaemonic Supporter

Oddometer:
    1) less weight without a rack and hard backed panniers
    2) less weight without a rack and hard backed panniers
    3) less weight without a rack and hard backed panniers
    :lol3:lol3:lol3
    Venturer, alonad and SFC_Ren like this.
  3. motokeith

motokeith Long timer

Oddometer:
    There is a certain irony about questioning how top heavy R80's are when you have like 70L worth of bags strapped to the top of your bike in that photo :lol3
  4. Norduro

Norduro Thumping

Oddometer:
    Do you happen to have a solution in the pipeline, @Perun ? :ear Attaching the Reckless 10/40/80 to the passenger pegs works, but the straps surely do suffer from it. Something that attaches to or replaces the passenger pegs and that works well both with and without the side plastics would be great.

Ordering Rottweiler‘s solution is not really an option in the EU - 54 USD shipping plus taxes for a 40 USD part. I am hoping for European ingenuity.
  5. alonad

alonad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I like your cynicism but the top bag is just 38 liters that was clothes and other light stuff and the smaller bag is tools so the weight was not up there but thanks for chiming in.
    Unrelated answers are always welcomed
    BHoward likes this.
  6. Perun

Perun Been here awhile Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Actually, I already designed it, as my buddy needed it for his 790 and R80. I made them to be super small and to stick out minimally. With just few slots positioned for straps of R40/R80. Looks very decent and it works well.

Full schedule is a problem, so I can't find time to make one small batch for sale.

But now when I see that there is some interest for it, I will do my best to squeeze this into the schedule.
    RyanC, rbw, Matthewm and 2 others like this.
  7. Norduro

Norduro Thumping

Oddometer:
    Now that is good news. Given that there is currently not much else available, especially in the EU market, I think you would find plenty interest to make it worth your while. I know I will be waiting for it, and since I am very happy with your luggage rack I see no reason for looking elsewhere in the meantime. Thanks for responding!
    Perun likes this.
  8. Matthewm

Matthewm Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    For those running the Mosko Reckless 40 or 80...are you all removing the rear side panels?
    I've already removed the passenger pegs so I'd prefer to keep them off. My R80 is on the way and wondering if it's preferable to remove the panels or are you able to strap down with them in place.
    Thanks!
  9. Matthewm

Oddometer:
    Definitely interested. Just installed your rear rack with sub plates. Very nice gear.
    Perun likes this.
  10. theDoktor

theDoktor Husky Racer

Oddometer:
    Now you're making me wait to place my rack order! Please advise when you can slip this into your schedule.
    Perun likes this.
  11. Perun

Oddometer:
    Thanks folks! I will do my best to make one small-ish batch as soon as possible (2-3 weeks max).
    fbga, RyanC and Norduro like this.
  12. Norduro

Norduro Thumping

Oddometer:
    The Reckless 40 (V3.0) works well with the side panels, but I do not know about the Reckless 80.
    Matthewm likes this.
  13. Oh No!

Oh No! Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I will order. Please make them!
  14. chippertheripper

chippertheripper motorcycle junkie Supporter

Oddometer:
    If there’s a list, I wanna be on it.
  15. kubcat

Oddometer:
    I would also like to be on your list to make sure I can get one of the batch. Are you willing to take pre-orders?
  16. kubcat

Oddometer:
    IMO, although the R80 straps down tightly to the frame without the side panels, due to the moderately stiff plastic layer, it likes to have something under it that's just a bit wider than the rear seat. I use the Perun side racks with 4L molle bags for everyday carry (tools, tube, etc). During the season these are always on the bike. For multi-day trips, I put the R80 over the top, and it contours nicely to those EDC bags. Obviously I can't run the side panels with the Perun racks. I will keep this general approach, but likely keep trying different EDC bags until I find the perfect ones (easy on/off, better access with the R80 loaded, etc.)
    Matthewm and chevmekanik like this.
  17. Matthewm

Oddometer:
    Mosko shipment...a bit disappointed. Can you all believe that my Perun rack and subplate order...from SERBIA got here...Arizona...yesterday. My Mosko order from Washington (apparently ships from Portland, Oregon, which makes it worse) to AZ is supposed to get here tomorrow.
    Both ordered the same exact day, about 2 minutes apart. But apparently ordering from Serbia, as opposed to a company in Washington that ships from Portland, is faster.

Who knew?!?!?‍:hmmmmm
    BHoward likes this.
  18. Perun

Oddometer:
    Edited on April 7th 2021 - Tie down brackets are finished - https://www.perunmoto.com/collections/ktm-790-adventure-r/products/ktm-790-890-tie-down-brackets
    Matthewm and Norduro like this.
  19. chippertheripper

chippertheripper motorcycle junkie Supporter

Oddometer:
    somebody call the whambulance!
  20. BHoward

BHoward Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have 8 orders going back 4 years from Mosko, typically the shipping has been pretty good, not Amazon fast but they would ship within a day or two. My last order was placed on the 18th for the Orange Scout 30L. They shipped it on the 24th and it arrived on the 30th.
    But more disappointing then the ship time is the packing, it was substandard for most but especially M.M. even down to it had 2 return forms and 2 small upshit stickers, not 1 M.M. sticker. I have a cabinet full of M.M. stickers so I don't need anymore, just I indication M.M. is not paying attention.

I did email M.M. about a week after placing my order to ask about it, they did reply with a excuse.
    It to bad, a company with a great product thats seems to start going down hill.
    Tigerkf likes this.