790/890 Soft Luggage Thread

Discussion in 'Parallel World (790/890)' started by Nowwhat, Jan 3, 2021.

1. Oh No!

Oh No! Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Has anyone tried using a Mosko Back Country Duffle (30L or 40L) with the Reckless 80 system instead of the smaller dry top bag that comes with the Reckless 80?
  2. kubcat

kubcat Riding is Eudaemonic Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yes, many people do that. Its a bit too small to see but my avatar picture is my setup with the R80 and Scout 30 Duff while riding the NEBDR last August.

The R40 and R80 both work very well with any size/brand duffle up to 40L I would say. I personally have used the R40 and the R80 with the 22L stinger, with walmart.com cheap offshore brands for under $25 in 30L and 40L sizes, as well as MM 30L Duffle.

My favorite size is 30L, but I only put (relatively) lightweight and bulky sleeping/camping gear up there (bag, liner, pillow, tent, chair) and the features of the MM duff (and Black Friday pricing) make it my go to bag at this point.
    Dan Lorenze likes this.
  3. Fattirerider

Fattirerider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Remember how you use to order things? Fill out a form from the middle of a catalog, mail it in, check clears, 6 to 8 weeks later your product arrives. Stickers included were rare lol

Mosko products are worth a little wait.
    comradecasey likes this.
  4. BHoward

BHoward Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Really this is your response to my post.
    Well since you bring it up there's a reason why those days are gone because people don't like to wait 6 to 8 weeks, we got this really cool thing now called the internet.
    Typically in today's day and age when something is ordered it is at your door usually within 72 hours.
    Furthermore I was speaking in general if you would have looked at my post I probably have a lot more Mosko stuff than you or most people and as a general rule they're shipping has been very fast and there packaging has been stellar with this last exception and it seems like I'm hearing it more and more.
    But that's okay every company needs those steadfast guys to stick up for them.
    Definition of a Mosko fanboy right here.
    I know we are all entitled to our opinions you are entitled to yours just like I am entitled to mine.
  5. chippertheripper

chippertheripper motorcycle junkie Supporter

Oddometer:
    Jimminy crickets.
    BHoward and comradecasey like this.
  6. BHoward

Oddometer:
    And just speaking on the topic of you should overlook a company's long ship times and lackluster or half-ass packaging jobs because their product is worth it to me is total BS.
    Mosko Moto is a premium company that you do pay premium prices and most people expect a premium service.
    Yes I do hold Moscow Moto to a higher standard than most companies yes their products are fantastic I should know I own most of them LOL.
    Just to be clear I really do like Mosko's stuff but I do not subscribe to the school of thought to forgive companies that just start relying on their great products so their customer service goes downhill, I've seen it happen many times and as a small business owner myself I just believe that is not the way to go.
    I do not like excuses like when the ship times are extended, the responses is well we got a shipment in and we're super busy so it's just going to take longer so deal with it.
    Once again as a business owner myself it's all about the projections, hire more staff, Maybe change your shipping facility fix the problem instead of offering excuses.
    Thank you for your time and consideration
    levain likes this.
  7. BHoward

Oddometer:
    Lol, to much?
  8. chippertheripper

Oddometer:
    somebody needed a whambulance here this morning. We might need a second.

strictly as a point of order, how can one simultaneously call someone else a fanboi whilst also claiming to have more of a certain someone’s merch? Like, who is the fan, who is the boy, and can I please get my bike back together so I can at least have something constructive to add to this forum?!
    comradecasey and BHoward like this.
  9. BHoward

Oddometer:
    Lol, I think the difference is fanboy sticks up for the company no matter what even when the company isn't doing as it should.
    However I get your point I guess I would be a MM fannboi myself cuz I really really do love their stuff however when they or anybody else that I'm giving my money to start dropping the ball I'm going to call it like it is for Better or For Worse so I'm not sure if I'm a fanboy or not LOL.

As far as the wambulance comment honestly that's kind of hurtful. I don't really think that I was whining I think I was stating my opinion.
  10. chippertheripper

Oddometer:
    I’m sorry I hurt your feelings. I ain’t here for that.
    BHoward likes this.
  11. Norduro

Norduro Thumping

Oddometer:
    I could not care less about Mosko‘s shipping times. Be it two days or twelve days (during a global pandemic, no less), we are talking about equipment that will be in use for years and years. Whether it took two or twelve days to arrive does not matter at all. I hope the „premium“ we pay goes towards the product (which lasts) and not towards keeping up with Amazon‘s delivery times.
  12. C.Hensley

C.Hensley Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    A little while back I asked this question and just wanted to give an update on it in case it could help someone else.
    I bought a used set of the Nelson Riggs bags from an Inmate and can confirm that one strap will go under the passenger seat (on an "S" model). I have the rear most strap going over the rear rack and the front strap under the passenger seat. Cheers
    chippertheripper and BHoward like this.
  13. Matthewm

Matthewm Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    20210331_152314.jpg
    First of all I ordered the Whambulance as well, apparently they're a week and a half out too. I guess I'm a geographical oddity...week and a half from every where, except Serbia.

Which brings me to my second point...all I was attempting to was point out how ironic it was that something ordered from another country gets here faster than a product ordered a few states away. Was a bit disappointed? Yep. Was I pissed or crying? Not one bit. Sorry if I offended the fanboys out there, was just making conversation. After doing all the research on luggage for a bike like this, I was a MM fanboy before I even ordered it. Mosko is the shit. I have dealt with logistics with small privately owned and run companies. I know the drill and how it goes. Just thought it...interesting.

That being said...the rig showed up today, and it's bad ass.

I thought I might have ordered too big with the R80, but it turns out to be the perfect size, and the 22 is an awesome day tripping bag.

Attached Files:

Perun, Norduro, BHoward and 1 other person like this.
  14. chippertheripper

Oddometer:
    I think if I had the 80 I’d be tempted as fuck to fill them with I’ll sorts of everything.
    It looks like a lot of room.
    comradecasey and Nowwhat like this.
  15. Matthewm

Oddometer:

Maybe because they're new and not broken in, but you'd be surprised. I camp through a lot if different environments, so I do carry things to accommodate that, but the room runs out quickly.
    BHoward likes this.
  16. BHoward

Oddometer:
    Hey Matt,
    First, you didn't offend anyone, all good fun. Nobody is winning, crying or upset.
    But more importantly, a geographical Oddity, two weeks from anywhere is one of my favorite sayings straight out of oh brother where out thou.
    The Orange R80 looks amazing on your bike.
    The R80 is perfect for long camping trips, I did use the stinger for non camping trips and it was awesome, just got the orange 30L duffel, gonna try it out in Cali over the next 10 days.
    Norduro and Matthewm like this.
  17. Matthewm

Oddometer:
    YES!!! Glad somebody got it.

It was all in good fun. I wasn't offended either...I laughed at it and thought it great. I also ordered a side of french cries.
    This is a motorcycle forum, not a knitting club. If we can't handle some jabs, we're in the wrong place.

At any rate...thank you for the compliments on the rig. It turned out way better than I thought it would. Orange or not, this shit is top notch and will most likely out live me and probably the last rig I buy, so now I fully understand the price. This shit is built to last.

I'm jealous of your 30L, I don't really need it now, but I'd love to have it.
    Jesus what's wrong with me.
    Nowwhat and BHoward like this.
  18. BHoward

Oddometer:
    ordered a side of french cries.
    That is pretty dang funny, I love it.
  19. Matthewm

Oddometer:
    I got some left over since my rig came in. I'll send 'em to ya.
    BHoward likes this.
  20. windblown101

windblown101 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    It is! As I age-out I find a simple bedroll just doesn't cut it...

That means packing more crap or leaving the wild outdoors where I'd rather be (unless it's really nasty out) in search of a motel every night. I don't like hauling crap but there is something about waking up "out there" and sipping on that first cup of coffee while kicked back in a camp chair and looking out on the scenery that makes the extra load seem worthwhile... usually.