790 Adventure FAQ

Discussion in 'Parallel World (790/890)' started by [Art], Jun 20, 2019.

1. [Art]

[Art] Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The 790 Adventure FAQ moved here: https://790adventure.net/

Pass the link around to all the 790 adventure owners. Any comments, additions, send me a note or post a comment on this thread
  2. braaap!

braaap! Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    thanks art! Great resource!
  3. tshansen

tshansen Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thank you so much art!
  4. ibgary

ibgary Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks
  5. TrailTrauma

TrailTrauma Nemophilist

Oddometer:
    Thanks again for taking this on Art! :beer
  6. El Pacifico

El Pacifico Long timer

Oddometer:
    Great work, thanks @[Art] !

A suggestion, now that the model has just released and would be easier to set up instead of retroactively working on it: How about a section that compares the changes of this model as the years go by? For example, a table with 2019, 2020, 2021, etc. headers at the top of columns and then rows with the specs, what has been added/removed, what is standard, what are optional upgrades, etc. like for a car. That would be great!
  7. [Art]

[Art] Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Good idea, but we'll see when the 2020 model is released.
    El Pacifico likes this.
  8. [Art]

[Art] Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Few updates to the FAQ. https://790adventure.net/random/recent-updates/

As always, send me relevant info for inclusion.

Due to multiple reports I'm currently investigating hand guards: it seems that it is common for third party hand guards to hit the display at full lock (which is bad). So if you can share with me:

* Which third party hand guard you installed, with or without spacers
    * Where is your handlebar (6 possible positions!)
    * If you have raisers (and which height)
    * And if it touches the display at full lock.

Cheers.
    chippertheripper likes this.
  9. [Art]

[Art] Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    A bunch of updates today, mostly thanks to all your contributions via comments on the site :
    • KTM Center stand part numbers available.
    • Added the Zumo valve caps to TMPS.
    • Add the bash plate reinforcement form touratech to Bash Plate.
    • Added Remus to the list of slip ons, updated wings.
    • Updated tank bags
    • Updated horn
    • Updated power connectors
    • Added Hepco-Becker to luggages and crash bars.
    • Updated headlight guards.
  10. ibgary

ibgary Long timer

Oddometer:
    Question/comment.
    ? Is there a stalling issue or is it just me? This is what happens, it is rare but it does repeat. (Engine breaking, clutch out throttle closed, rpms go up bike slows down, clutch in engine dies.) Could this be related to traction control cutting fuel if it detects a difference in wheel speed?
    After the corner i rolled on throttle and eased out the clutch and went down in a locked rear wheel skid. No damage just minorr scratches on the tank protector. Nothing else hit the ground. Easy to pick up.
  11. braaap!

Oddometer:
    Hi Art!!

Have the Barkbusters mounted (no additional spacers added - oem mounts)...
    Handlebars are set in the most fwd position on the handlebar clamps - Equals light contact with the TFT screen corners at full lock. I can live with that.
    Will be fitting up my saucy new TripleClamp Moto submount + Scotts this weekend and will report back in :)

Thanks again for setting up the FAQ and maintenance of the resource - We all owe you bigtime!!
    [Art] likes this.
  12. [Art]

[Art] Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  13. [Art]

[Art] Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Some more updates today. Got check them. But in addition I've done a deep dive on the analytics this evening, to know you a little better after having the FAQ up in its current form for roughly a month and a half.

Last month the FAQ had ~25000 page views, from ~2700 users, ~2400 of them first visitors. On average visitors check around 5 pages in a visit, and visited almost twice in the month. Visitors are coming from all over, but almost a third from the USA, 27.5%. Around 8% from the UK and from Spain, and 5% from UK, Australia, France and Germany. And a long tail of countries: A warm hello to the only visitors from Malta, Vietnam, Taiwan… :)

29% of new visitors land on the FAQ from a social network, mostly Facebook.
    27% click on links, mostly on forums, and mostly on advrider. But there is a very long tail of KTM and adventure forums in a lot of languages (motostrail.com, ktmforum.eu, ktmmania.net, ukgser.com, adventurebikerider.com and so on). The rest are coming in by hiding the referral or typing the URL (31%) or searching (12%) mostly on Google.

Half of you use your mobile phone to read the site (Good thing I planned for a mobile friendly design!), with a 60-40% split iOS/Android. For the other half 10% use a tablet and the 40% left use a desktop (with a ratio of 3 Windows users for one Mac user).

Despite being one of the newest article on the site, the recent update page is quickly becoming the most visited page after the home page. Many thanks to Mykolas who was the first to suggest it.

In order of most visited GPS mount is still on top, followed by third party luggage, crash bars, and exhausts. Unsurprisingly the least visited article is the privacy policy, only 4 of you actually navigated there, not sure if you actually read it…

I'm glad to see that the site is useful, if you have ideas on how to improve it, let me know by either writing here or a comment anywhere on the site: the comments on the site do provide the bulk of the content and corrections, 60 messages so far this month, 2 a day! And that's not counting emails! I could not do it without your help.
  14. [Art]

[Art] Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Jimbobvfr and CaseyB like this.
  15. [Art]

[Art] Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The work never stops on the FAQ. Thanks to the constant stream of comments I've done a bunch of updates. Please keep the comments coming.

The log with links is available at https://790adventure.net/random/recent-updates/

September 10 2019
    • A complete revamp of the available slip-ons. Added new models, sorted them, etc…
    • Added a new crap flap
    • Added an entry about the canister vent being correctly in place (and linked it from the bash plate install check).
    September 6 2019
    • Added a new skid plate.
    September 5 2019
    • Added the Twalcom offering to crap flap (Thanks Henning for the link!)
    August 29 2019
    • Added a link to an install of the chappel bash plate (Thanks apo for the heads up)
    August 26 2019
    • Fixed chain tension, the procedure for lifting was incorrectly documented.
    • Added a replacement throttle tube to heated grips.
    August 25 2019
    • Updated air filters
    • Made the warning that spring will fly bold on the fuel cap hack.
    ibgary, Allucaneat, sledneck and 2 others like this.
  16. oldfuddy

oldfuddy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Has anyone asked a Mod if this thread can be a sticky now that the 790 has its own section?
  17. [Art]

[Art] Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Since last update here the work on the FAQ didn't stop:

The log with links is available at https://790adventure.net/random/recent-updates/

October 13 2019
    October 6 2019
    • Reformated the GPS mount page, fixed the erroneous price on the Vanasche billet aluminium mount.
    October 4 2019
    October 1st 2019
    September 25 2019
    • I get it people: Vanasche is a US company. Sorry. Stop sending me emails.
    • Two new bashplates (and I know, rade garage is planning one in carbon, but until it is somewhere I can link to, it’s not in the FAQ).
    September 24 2019
    September 21 2019
    September 20 2019
    braaap! likes this.
  18. Vargubau

Vargubau Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I wish and I hope to express an oppinion of a lot of people to be able to contribute to the ex pence of keeping a website and the time it takes to keep it current with a monetary contribution. Please, let us know how to do it, a lot of us would be glad to.
    braaap! likes this.
  19. braaap!

Oddometer:
    [Art] is totally an independent! Priceless!!

God Love him. If ever he gets down here, there will be much hospitality given!
  20. [Art]

[Art] Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Where is "down here" ? For future check of this offer :)