1. eNewsletter Sign Up

790 Adventure Quickshifter - Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Parallel World (790/890)' started by CalamariKid, Dec 14, 2019.

1. braaap!

braaap! Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Ok...
    You are that Guy...
    It really isn't...
    No, not completely unnecessary... But... such fun / useful add ons, are never standard...
    Forget it, you simply can't... Unless you're a long time batchelor or maybe still 14yo :)
    Really?..
    Like, on the QS option?...
    CC, agree. Totally worth it.

You've got change :)

:thumb Just takin the piss here... :freaky
    kzeb likes this.
  2. Thumper Dumper

Thumper Dumper Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Love it on and off road. Never had it turned of. I also have a Rekluse and they work well together. :-)
  3. SirWreckaLot

SirWreckaLot Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You’re right. It should really be a full automatic. Put it in drive, turn your full heated suit on, and call your overweight wife from your helmet set to make sure your dinner will be ready while you get crazy and take the concrete back roads home from work.

You must work at a dealership because it is completely unnecessary. We all got by fine without it and most of us will continue to do so. I regret spending the money and being a sucker. I am entitled to my opinion and hope it influences other people who are on the fence about it.
    lithodave and 8lives like this.
  4. SirWreckaLot

Oddometer:
    Rekluse + clutchless quickshift?
  5. Thumper Dumper

Thumper Dumper Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yes. Hardly need to use the clutch, only when you want to. Never stalls.
    8lives and SirWreckaLot like this.
  6. braaap!

Oddometer:
    Sorry to prick your Noob-ness buddy... But opinions are like arseholes...

Especially NooBs
    natedog39 likes this.
  7. SirWreckaLot

Oddometer:
    And I am sorry to have offended such an esteemed online veteran over a useless bike feature. Please forgive me oh mighty online warrior. I know not what I say. Have mercy on my fragile noob soul.

As I was saying to people who care, the quickshift is a waste of money and apparently that is another thing that people find offensive in 2020. Bahahaha
    lithodave, 8lives and JETalmage like this.
  8. braaap!

Oddometer:
    You most certainly haven’t offended me... Your naivety and sense of right has played you.
    Everyone has a right to an opinion... but your’s is shallow given your time here.

‘Useless features’... Mirror, mirror on the wall ;)
    kzeb and natedog39 like this.
  9. EvilSteve

EvilSteve Not so evil, not so Steve.

Oddometer:
    Isn't the internet fun?
    sconnie, 8lives and SirWreckaLot like this.
  10. Toddv

Toddv Long timer

Oddometer:
    Right, we should get rid of everything fun and/or helpful if it's deemed unnecessary.
  11. blackSP

blackSP 62 6c 61 63 6b 53 50

Oddometer:
    I just added the QS+ and CC to my order this morning. I though, what the heck, go for it!
    Venturer, Thumper Dumper and Toddv like this.
  12. SirWreckaLot

Oddometer:
    You’re right, I have zero riding experience and you’re Chris Birch. I am half the human that you are. Like I said, sorry to have offended your fragile ego over a quick shifter. Never thought I’d be hurting someone’s feelings over that. This isn’t the military, this is a website, and making a huge deal about someone being new to it just shows how petty your sorry ass is. Go change your tampon and tell your mom that a “nOOb” hurt your feelings and didn’t respect the length of time you spent smashing a keyboard vs actually riding. If you think quickshifters are that amazing just wait till you find out what sex is. Maybe talk to your mom about that one too.
  13. SirWreckaLot

Oddometer:
    If it cost $300+ for an unlock, maybe. That is the definition of a gimmick and I personally regret spending the money. That’s all I originally said, before the keyboard warrior above made the noise of a spoiled child.
    JETalmage likes this.
  14. kubcat

kubcat Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    In the immortal words of the Bard, methinks though doth protest too much
    The consensus is that you are being a thin skinned crybaby. @braaap! even made sure to point out in his initial response he was just taking the piss out of you. I assume you know what that means and you had a temper tantrum anyway. If you don't know what that means, my apologies to you for having led such a sheltered life.

You obviously don't have what it takes to ride with us if you can't even take a good ribbing. I bet you ride solo, don't you?
    kzeb, 1coolbanana and braaap! like this.
  15. windblown101

windblown101 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    It's not a useless feature, a mere gimmick, or a waste of money, at least certainly not as a blanket statement. I could call anything over 50hp useless, or 6+ inches of suspension travel useless, or passenger pages useless but even if I did feel that way it wouldn't make it a universal truth. Besides... the QS+ is free (well, included in the purchase price). I don't know of a single person that actually tried the QS+ that found it not working straight from the factory. The few people I've seen mention that it's not enabled from the factory seem to have also not tried it before paying for the menu option... Only the ability to turn it on and off from the menu cost extra from what I've seen.

I found the QS+ both functional and fun to play with in the twisties, especially for downshifts coming into corners. Necessary? Heck no, but then again I don't own bikes out of necessity, it's all about what I like or don't like. The nature of how it functions caused me an occasional unintentional shift when my boot touched the shifter so I disabled it and haven't looked back, *shrug*.

Given the overall responses in this thread more people prefer than don't. The market speaks, KTM made the right call.

The fact that I have it disabled and don't miss it means nada. Not everyone is as skilled as I am. :gdog

(Yes that's me havin an Aussie Piss, LOL)

:lol3

:hide
  16. TrailTrauma

TrailTrauma Nemophilist

Oddometer:
    Nothing a few cold ones in person wouldn't fix I bet. Just wait till March or April... :turkish

'...and I can hardly wait'.

17. SirWreckaLot

Oddometer:
    Bahahahahaha apparently “noobs” are not allowed to poke back? I make one comment about quickshift then defend my opinion, and the best you and your boyfriend can do is call me a lonely crybaby. Why? Because I’m apparently a “noob” and know nothing about motorcycles. Get a life bro. Nobody likes that kind of attitude.

AS I WAS SAYING, I think the quickshift is overrated and should come standard.
  18. SirWreckaLot

Oddometer:
    Good input that may help someone in deciding whether or not to spend the money. It’s definitely not a bad feature. My concern was that some of us poorer folk already emptied our wallets on a brand new bike and may want to save the 300 for ramen noodles and bologna sammies. (Me lol)

If money is completely a non-issue then you should get the quick shift. But I would rather have a new helmet or jacket. The quickshift should be a very low priority in my humble opinion.
    8lives likes this.
  19. CaseyB

CaseyB Adventually Supporter

Oddometer:
    Who knew this would be such a contentious topic. :lol3

I bought the bike out of state, had the dealer turn it off and didnt touch it for a month

Got home and was farting around locally and decided to give it a shot. It certainly produced a smile. I still turn it off while off pavement.

So just to get this straight, it’s still enabled when the bikes new then gets turned off after any visit to dealer/hooked up to computer?

seems like a crack dealer. Just give you a taste

@CalamariKid you make a decision yet :D
    enduro16 and SirWreckaLot like this.
  20. kubcat

kubcat Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sure you are, but there's an art to it:bmwrider.
    SirWreckaLot likes this.