790 Adventure R Seats

Discussion in 'Parallel World (790/890)' started by spartanman, Oct 25, 2019.

1. spartanman

spartanman regret minimizer

Oddometer:
    I'm not thrilled with the stock R seat. I had a Renazco on my 990 Adv and have a Seat Concepts on the 500 EXC. Like them both. What aftermarket seat are you running on your 790?
  2. chippertheripper

chippertheripper motorcycle junkie Supporter

Oddometer:
    the world is patiently awaiting a mass produced aftermarket R seat that isn’t a custom one off. SC we know has one coming soon, but that’s the only one I’ve really seen actively being prototyped.
  3. yumdumpster

yumdumpster Adventurer

Oddometer:
  4. windblown101

windblown101 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
  5. TrailTrauma

TrailTrauma Nemophilist

Oddometer:
    I simply purchased the KTM PP's tall seat. Not because I'm tall, but because I wanted a comfortable, narrower, more enduroesque seat. Unreal, really, how this seat fits thats bill. The OEM seat was too wide, and would create pressure points in the inner thighs meaning hours of odd neuropathy during the evening of any days ride. I knew it had to go. The tall seat is invisible, as far as my neuropathies are concerned. It's a perfect seat. And oddly for a KTM seat, it's a lot more comfortable than anything else I've ridden on, and most definitely more comfortable than the OEM POS.
    lithodave, ramirin and Bluetonguejak like this.
  6. spartanman

Oddometer:
    KTM enduro seats have the reputation of being less comfortable than a 2 x 4. I know the one on my 500 was. How is the PP seat different?
  7. TrailTrauma

TrailTrauma Nemophilist

Oddometer:
    The tall seat I find softer to sit on, with zero pressure points. I figure it's a good thing if you can buy a seat and never be reminded that you're on 'that seat'. The PP tall seat doesn't bother me in any way because I never even notice it, which is the best compliment I can give it.
  8. spartanman

Oddometer:
    Glad it works for you. It looks narrower than the stock seat, so does that completely offset the increased height? I’m okay with the height of the stock seat but don’t want to go higher.
  9. TrailTrauma

TrailTrauma Nemophilist

Oddometer:
    You know, initially, I felt it was close to a zero sum increase but the more I rode the more I realized it might be a hair taller. And Thats with my preload maxed out in the rear. Mind you, it seems lower when I just run down to the garage and sit on it, but when all suited up in the Klim badlands it seems higher so I suspect it's in actual fact the pants restricting movement in some way. In particular - if you end up stopping with your right boot lower, then the act of tip toeing in MX boots on that downhill side and then trying to flick up the stand is downright comical. But again, doing that same thing in PJ's and bare feet becomes effortless. But if taking a second to think about where I roll to a stop sometimes on a trail is all that comes to mind as a con, it is a very small con for the enjoyment/performance the seat provides me.
  10. Brilloman

Brilloman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The PP seat has some kind of super cushy foam in it. I have one but unfortunately my seat and my bike are not currently in the same state.

If you think about it the way the stock seat forces your legs to spread out maybe shortens the reach of your legs?
    TrailTrauma likes this.
  11. mickd

mickd crash test dummie

Oddometer:
    ive got the oem lower seat for the R coming next wk,i will let you know how i go with it
    ZiggyInNc likes this.
  12. TrailTrauma

TrailTrauma Nemophilist

Oddometer:
    I paid attention on todays trails ride to see if I could come to a more natural approach to popping up the side stand after stops. Turns out I was leaving my R leg outside the R peg. Not optimal. Once I noticed, and brought my R leg in behind and closer to the bike things became much easier and natural. D'oh.
  13. ibgary

ibgary Long timer

Oddometer:
    If anyone near Denver/Ft. Collins wants to swap seats for a week let me know. I'm on the S and think the seat is fine. I may be easy to please because I'm an Iron Butt, but I also know good from bad. This is my 8th bike. Drop a PM if interested in trying it.
    My last bike I spent about 6-7 hundred on a Saddleman and then tried a 60$ bead rider. Rode to Alaska with the bead rider. That's for sale, don't need it with this seat.
  14. tomstrommer

tomstrommer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I see seat concepts has the there "R" seats listed now. I agree with others here that the stock "R" seat isn't bad for a stock seat, but I'm ready to get off after a few hundred miles. I've done seats on my past bikes and once you get it right it makes the whole riding experience way better. I've had a seats concept on my DR650 and it worked great. since I have a 32" inseam I'm wondering if I can get away with the tall version, (1.5") taller. I'm hoping with the narrower profile towards the front it will offset the height difference a bit compared to the stock "R". Right now I can get both balls of my feet down comfortably on the stock "R" seat. but I find that I'm having issue with the "bump" in the seat in the rear, also the downward slope thing is annoying. Just thinking out loud here. by next summer there should be a plethora of custom seats on the market.

https://seatconcepts.com/collections/ktm/products/ktm-2019-790-r-comfort-tall
    braaap! and TrailTrauma like this.
  15. NOrrTH

NOrrTH Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Can/is there a shorter seat that you can put on the Adv R? I'm asking because I just put a deposit down on one and want to know my options if I can't even tippy toe.
  16. slink

slink Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ride! and Venturer like this.
  17. Velociraptor

Velociraptor TrackBum Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I got the PP tall seat and am happy with it. 34 inch inseam.
    TrailTrauma likes this.
  18. FlyLow

FlyLow Just Ride Supporter

Oddometer:
    What's the verdict, please?
  19. Ride!

Ride! Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ordered the SC low seat last week. Should have it in a few days and I’ll pass on the info.
  20. mickd

mickd crash test dummie

Oddometer:
    I had a phone call saying it will be coming in on the 19th now.so i will do the review soon.
    FlyLow likes this.