Rather than wind my shock preload all the way down, and raise the forks, would I be further ahead just ordering another coil from KTM, or do you guys have something in the works I should wait till spring for. No hurry. In good time; I just can't stomach the idea of essentially lowering my 790R and riding a bandaid solution. I'd rather fix it properly. The snow is expected to drop a few flakes tonight, and I suspect there are only a few good weeks of riding left up here, so suspension might become a winter project. So far I haven't come close to bottoming out my forks yet so they might wait, but I'll definitely be in the market for at least a rear spring. You two seem happy switching from the linear spring to a progressive, and since I might not need revalving at my modest level, perhaps I just need a new coil. @Torque maybe I'll PM you to see what you suggest. I don't know if you've said so out loud here, but you sound like you are a purveyor of all things suspension.