1. eNewsletter Sign Up

790 R Cable Clutch?

Discussion in 'Parallel World (790/890)' started by KTM450SX, Jul 6, 2019.

1. shinyribs

shinyribs Thumpers for life

Oddometer:
    We fully rely on hydraulic brakes on both ends. In my experience, I've had three clutch cables snap and ZERO hydraulic brake failures.

I'm cool with a cable clutch or hydraulic. There's nothing to fear with either. Though 9 times out of 10, a cable will fail unexpectedly while hydraulics will start acting up long before they finally shit the bed on us.
    CHRIS_D and Bitingdog like this.
  2. Nowwhat

Nowwhat I'll Go Second... Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    You won't buy the best woods bikes in the world....KTM....Husky... Beta... because of a juice clutch?
    Brilloman and Bitingdog like this.
  3. Bitingdog

Bitingdog That's not my dog

Oddometer:
    Fixed it for you
    ramirin, kzeb, comac90 and 1 other person like this.
  4. TrailTrauma

TrailTrauma Nemophilist

Oddometer:
    I love cable. First one I've had. One of the easiest pulls. ADV Camel 1 finger made it perfect.

Now if he'd made a nice rock protector for the split headlight. He could call it The ADV Camel toe ;)
    ramirin, Camel ADV, Migolito and 2 others like this.
  5. coloktmGS

coloktmGS Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Interestingly, I installed a Rekluse radius today. The plates are quite a bit smaller in diameter than the 690/701. It’ll be interesting to see how this holds up...
  6. Migolito

Migolito Prognosticator and MotoYogi

Oddometer:
    I was a wee bit nervous about the Cable Clutch. Besides a 1973 Honda CL175 twin (yes, thats right...a twin) I've never had a cable clutch. Now that I have one, and yes I also added the Camel (utterly brilliant BTW) I'm not sure what the fuss was about. It's really an excellent clutch. Great feel, excellent sweet spot, easy pull. I have no doubt KTM will come out with a Hydro clutch next time, but, I have zero complaints.

Please post up a follow up on the Recluse. I have one on my 500exc and it absolutely changed my riding. Love the thing!
    Camel ADV and Venturer like this.
  7. roookie1

roookie1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Correct, but ktm, and now also husky has a long history of bad clutch slaves, and i guess thats the way they address it.
    ndavis and shinyribs like this.
  8. Noyah

Noyah poser

Oddometer:
    Would that be this one?

9. TrailTrauma

TrailTrauma Nemophilist

Oddometer:
    That is just their clutch pack with more plates for more bite etc. But they have an auto clutch I believe, which has been in testing by Rottweiler since the KTM Rally (If I read a blurb I saw somewhere correctly). To be released very soon.
    Noyah likes this.
  10. coloktmGS

coloktmGS Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    that’s correct, except the RadiusX auto clutch is available now. I rode with it all day yesterday.
    Venturer and Migolito like this.
  11. TrailTrauma

TrailTrauma Nemophilist

Oddometer:
    Shoot a review up in the modifications thread. Some may want to hear your experience with the auto clutch. Personally I love stopping in gear, or parking my bike pointed downhill in gear etc and shudder at the thought of a Rekluse 'angel gear'.
    Bigbugberg likes this.