1. eNewsletter Sign Up

790 R Tool Kit recommendations

Discussion in 'Parallel World (790/890)' started by RWJorg, Aug 18, 2019.

1. RWJorg

RWJorg Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  2. marchyman

marchyman barely informed Supporter

Oddometer:
    Add some safety wire, electrical wire, tape, and cable ties to the stock kit (assuming the R gets the same tools as the S that I have). That should get you started. I don't know how well the specific kit you mentioned matches the bike, but I've found (in my very limited experience) that Cruz Tools adds things that aren't needed.

What you take also depends upon your goals. I don't expect to be able to tear down a bike to its component parts in the field. I take what I think I'll need to get a crashed bike road worthy enough enough to get it someplace (preferably home) where I can then do serious maintenance. Being new to the KTM world I don't yet know exactly what that set of tools is, yet.
  3. linssen

linssen Wil

Oddometer:
    Allucaneat likes this.
  4. Smashy

Smashy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What type of repairs (that are moderately likely to occur on a ride) would require additional tools not in the stock toolkit? The only additional things I carry on the bike is a puncture repair kit, pump, and a bunch of zip ties.
    Venturer likes this.
  5. ShaftEd

ShaftEd Long timer

Oddometer:
    Microstart lithium jump start battery. I had two instances last year where it would have come in handy so I picked one up. Of course now that I have one I haven’t needed it, except I did use it to start a Harley 3 weeks ago that was stuck on the side of the road. Fired that big ol HD right up.
  6. marchyman

marchyman barely informed Supporter

Oddometer:
    A small needle nosed vice-grip can temporarily replace a broken lever or shifter. And I've had the 6' version of this in in several bike tool kits, too.

Screen Shot 2019-09-05 at 11.11.10 AM.png