800GS owners?

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by BikerDav, Jan 31, 2009.

1. M N B

M N B would rather be riding

Oddometer:
    Carry a bottle of octane boost when travelling in remote areas. That's what I do. I just pour a bit in and ride on.
  2. 10Cup

10Cup Long timer

Oddometer:
    I run 87 octain in mine since the day it left the dealer and it is happy as a clam. Don't need no steeekn premium :wink:
  3. LDHunter

LDHunter Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks... I was fixin' to say the same thing... Some people gotta agonize over non-issues.... Maybe they should get away from their keyboards and ride. :deal

Spring is here! In Florida anyway.... :D

$bob$
  4. Bucko

Bucko In a parallel world

Oddometer:
    Runs fine, yes. But the risk of detonation cratering your pistons with a 12:1 compression ratio is real.
  5. Bigem

Bigem Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ours are tuned to run on 95RON, but if you are lucky, 1 in 10 petrol stations actually carry it?? The standard shit we have is 91RON, which you have to use because premium is not available!!

Anyways, I put total faith in the OBC today because it was pissing rain and we had to cover about 700ks in the rain and where running 110-130kph/65-80mph most of the time.
    At one stage it told me that I had 9 kilometers until empty, and it was pretty close to right because when I filled it up, I got 16.01litres into the tank!! Must have been running on air!!

Best bike in the world I reckon!! Brilliant.