800GS rear pegs a liabilty?

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by Desert Dave, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Magile

Magile Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I went with the Ortlieb bags...

[​IMG]

Got 'em from Aerostich. Very good build quality. They use a quick release system integrated into the bag handles that makes removal a snap. I went with a Hepco Becker pannier frame that also has a quick release feature for total removal from the bike. The total width of the compressed bags is ~28". PM me if you want some .jpgs. I'd add photo's of the actual bike in this post but I'm told I've reached my limit of one (WTF?).

- M

http://www.ortliebusa.com/CartGenie/prod-58.htm
  2. soyanarchisto

soyanarchisto Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    How about the wolfman bags? Will those work or will the exhaust be a problem?
  3. zaner32

zaner32 In over my head

Oddometer:
    I really like these bags... lots of room, tough, and waterproof as long as you can flip the top three times.
  4. robhar54

robhar54 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Me too. I had a set of QL2s on my Xchallenge. I'm going with the throw-over version on my F800GS for the rough stuff, due to this paddling/rear pegs/hard bags issue. (Throw-over version because the QL2s don't work on the 18mm Metal Mule rack.)

Rob in Seattle
  5. Navaho

Navaho Long timer

Oddometer:
    DO NOT REMOVE YOUR PASSENGER PEGS! If you have a low side (left side), they take most of the punishment and prevent damage to the muffler. I've already proven it. Haven't tried the right side yet.
  6. tmex

tmex Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yeah, I checked it out today. The pegs don't bother me at all. Plus that when I do take my foot off a peg it is always forward relative to the rider peg.
  7. Desert Dave

Desert Dave Enjoying the moment

Oddometer:
    Well yeah, me to. Unfortunately in tight brush I've had my foot catch on roots, an small bushes when I've had no choice but to dab (front end washing out) and if I'm at any kind of speed that forward foot can be behind you in a heartbeat. I wouldn't put it there on purpose! :lol3
  8. Dert Gerl

Dert Gerl Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yep, I didn't notice the issue until playing in the dirt either.