1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

81' DT125 lighting

Discussion in '2 smokers' started by 1moreBike, Apr 28, 2020.

1. 1moreBike

1moreBike n00b

Oddometer:
    Hey all, new here. I'm a vintage guy and my most recent project is an 81 DT125 that came to me with all the enduro bits taken off. Thankful all the wiring is there, nothing cut and I wanna get at least a headlight and tailight on it so I can ride on the street also. Let's not get into the legalities plz just need advice on wiring. I've thought of getting an enduro kit and also just putting a tailight on it with a couple 3" lights in front recessed in a number plate. I've modified wiring before but never started from scratch or just the harness. It's a 6v system, no battery but was spec'd with one and all the wiring for lights. What's my best plan of attack or any simple resources to learn how to wire things up? I like many struggle with wiring diagrams.

Attached Files:

2. 1moreBike

1moreBike n00b

Oddometer:

Attached Files:

3. emti

emti Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hello, You need a shop manual, in the back there will be a wiring diagram. Then you can verify that all the wiring is there and connected as it should be. Also the manual will tell you what the size is of the lights you will be looking for so you don't overload the lighting coil. There is a website Yamaha-enduros.com that may have some answers. Please post your results. have fun, emti