8th Annual NMOHVA Rubber Chicken Ride

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by NMOHVA, Aug 1, 2019.

1. NMOHVA

NMOHVA n00b

Oddometer:
    It's time to pluck the chicken!!!!
    [​IMG]

Come join the New Mexico Off Highway Vehicle Alliance (NMOHVA) at their 8th Annual Rubber Chicken Ride dual sport motorcycle event in beautiful Truth or Consequences, New Mexico on October 25-27, 2019.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Registration for the 2019 event is only $65 and includes Saturday evening dinner, event stickers, and a chance to win great swag and merchandise donated by the awesome manufacturer’s, dealers, and vendors who support NMOHVA.

The 2019 edition of this annual tradition is, once again, a fund-raising event. All proceeds above NMOHVA's costs will go directly tor NMOHVA's Access Defense Fund.

Registration is available online HERE. Check out last years thread with even more details and numerous photos.

All three days (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday) will feature a fantastic variety of great dual sport riding opportunities through the mountains and deserts of south central New Mexico. Check out the thread link above for more information about the great riding terrain available.

All of the motorcycle riding is strictly "no fee" and at the event participant's discretion. Maps and/or GPS tracks of suggested routes will be provided. As always, we anticipate plenty of people who would be willing to let others follow them as they enjoy the beautiful and varied scenery around Truth or Consequences.

All road riding requires a legal, plated bike per New Mexico statutes. All dirt road and trail riding requires a plated bike, a valid NM OHV sticker, or a sticker from a reciprocal state. A USFS-approved spark arrestor is required on all Forest Service managed lands.

We will be adhering strictly to an 100 rider limit for this year's event. Rider's will not be on the official "in" list until the payment process has been completed.

All riders are responsible for their own accommodations.

Pelican Spa - If you plan on staying at the Pelican Spa this year, the owner has hooked us up. He is giving everyone a 10% discount for RCR weekend and we have blocked all the rooms he has to make sure you all get to stay downtown. Here is the catch... You must call in to reserve your room at the Pelican and tell them you are with the Rubber Chicken Ride to get a room and the 10% discount . The phone number is 575-894-0055. Book by September 30th because at that point the lock goes away and so does the discount. Don't say we didn't warn you.
    DO NOT try to book it online as it will show there are no rooms available.

T or C is a historic resort town. Located in the downtown Hot Springs Bathhouse Historic and Commercial District, the spas and bathhouses of Truth or Consequences are central to its history. The region gained recognition as a health center at the turn of the century, and in the 1920s, ‘30s, and ‘40s motorists flocked to area resorts. Today, there are ten historic spas in the central downtown area. One of the best aspects of hosting the event in T or C is that riders can park their bikes at a downtown accommodation and then walk to all of the Rubber Chicken activities. There are also many additional accommodations ranging from small, local hotels to the typical larger chains up on Interstate 25. The more "local" you choose to stay, the more $$ probably stay in T or C!

Check out NMOHVA and what we are doing to promote, preserve, and protect motorized recreation in New Mexico at www.nmohva.org.

The Rubber Chicken Ride has consistently been NMOHVA's most popular moto-gathering ever since we hosted the inaugural event. The 2019 Ride promises to be as much or more fun than its predecessors. Come see what all the excitement is about. We hope to see you there!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

See you all in Truth or Consequences!!!

Thanks to all of you who posted pics last year, we hope you don't mind us sharing those to pump you all up for this year. There were some awesome shots! Credit for all pics used in this post can be found on this thread.

Attached Files:

2. NMTrailboss

NMTrailboss Team Dead End

Oddometer:
    :thumb

:lurk:lurk:lurk
    ZiaThunder and Sl33p3 like this.
  3. trailwerks

trailwerks Missing Two Wheels Supporter

Oddometer:
    IN! We will also be working on adding a few "new" offerings to the route list for this year. Stay tuned! Gotta wait for the desert to cool down just a bit....
  4. LC4Dakar

LC4Dakar Been here awhile Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    In!
  5. Scott Surdahl

Scott Surdahl Adventurer

Oddometer:
    In. And I am going to exercise caution during the lead up to the event in hopes of not breaking any bones, blowing up any ligaments, or otherwise causing a third cancellation...
  6. Pixturethis

Pixturethis Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Signed up and paid, can't wait !!! Anyone know of a good place to camp, ill be bringing my 22ft motorhome.
  7. vhortykho

vhortykho Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    PTO applied for.
  8. Prototype4342

Prototype4342 Long timer

Oddometer:
    There's camping at elephant butte lake state park. I think that's the closest you'll get.
  9. LApilot

LApilot Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am in. Paid my registration with an extra meal ticket and booked an RV space at the Riverbend lodge so that this old man can soak after each days ride. See you all there.
  10. Pixturethis

Pixturethis Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the info, I’m looking into it.
  11. ZiaThunder

ZiaThunder Go big or go home

Oddometer:
    Can't wait!
  12. vhortykho

Oddometer:
    Any feedback on The Charles Motel & Spa?
  13. Jthewood

Jthewood Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    All in! Now, where'd I put that tire repair kit....
    LApilot likes this.
  14. selaznog

selaznog Roadless Warrior

Oddometer:
    I stayed there once. Cheap, dated, and no frills. The room I had was quite spacious for the money, and clean.
  15. vhortykho

Oddometer:
    Thanks, selaznog! I booked it. Half the price of the Blackstone, where I stayed last year but still within walking distance of the Pelican.
  16. CaptCapsize

CaptCapsize Long timer

Oddometer:
    I am in, and got my favorite room at the Pelican.
  17. Sl33p3

Sl33p3 still waking up... Supporter

Oddometer:
    I am in as well... woohoo! now for the waiting... :muutt:dirtdog
  18. CaptRick

CaptRick Still crazy..... Supporter

Oddometer:
    I will be in attendance but I doubt I will be riding, still having issues with my heel
  19. Blakebird

Blakebird r-u-n-n-o-f-t

Oddometer:
    I'll be there as well, not sure of the bike situation yet...
    RideFreak likes this.
  20. RideFreak

RideFreak Torque Jockey

Oddometer:
    I'm in, been years since I've done one of these.
    [​IMG]
    builditjr, selaznog, Tha Rick and 3 others like this.