1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

92 R100GS & Mosko Backcountry Bags

Discussion in 'Airheads' started by folmonty, May 30, 2020.

1. folmonty

folmonty twins make perfect moto music Supporter

Oddometer:
    Been looking for a used set of Jesse bags for my GS mostly because I'd had them on an oilhead and got use to them. They're hard to come by for the old airheads.

There'd only been couple of references to mounting Mosko bags in this forum. What's really appealing was using the standard BMW racks. No modification was necessary. There is one caveat, the locking hole in the latch won't clear the full bench seat on the right hand side. Solo seat setup is no issue. I'm going to call Mosko and get an extra set of latches which bolt to the bags using standard allen bolts and modify them to use when riding with a pillion. These are the off-set bags 25 and 35 litter. Here's what they look like mounted. Must say they seem very strong and durable. Probably more bag than I'll ever require but for those looking for a "plug and play" solution while retaining the option of using the OEM bags this is a good bet.
    image3.jpeg image4.jpeg image5.jpeg image2.jpeg
  2. Phreaky Phil

Phreaky Phil Long timer

Oddometer:
    Pretty sure these were the 3 first sets in New Zealand and were from the first shipment Mosko made. Had no problems with them, very tough. Wish we had them when we rode the TAT. Only comment is they say they are 35 litres but hold less than our 32 Ali panniers. Might include the space in the pocket and some creative accounting.
    image.jpg
    globalt38, toecutta and folmonty like this.
  3. folmonty

folmonty twins make perfect moto music Supporter

Oddometer:
    Your post was only one I saw. You've got them packed pretty well. From my experience (riding bicycle) in NZ rain, if they can withstand that they'll probably survive anything I'll ever see.
  4. Box'a'bits

Box'a'bits In need of repair Supporter

Oddometer:
    Both Airheads in the above picture use different rack systems. The one in the front (mine) uses Touratech racks. Phil's (second in) has self made stainless racks. The photo is from 2014.

I spaced the Touratechs out slightly with a piece of steel strapping on the top mounts. You still need to lift the seat to undo the bag latch. But it's not pressed so hard into the bench seat.

They have been excellent bags. Far better (IMHO) than the hard aluminium bags they replaced.

[​IMG]
    bleaknessengine likes this.