95 R1100gs

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Butch True, Jul 18, 2002.

1. Butch True

Butch True wdchuck

Oddometer:
    Well its a 95gs. After searching high low and between its a 95gs w/ 7115 miles on this garage (LONG ISLAND NY GARAGE) kept dandy. I have had it a week and I am just about 1000 miles from when I got it. SMOKIN bike! The only thing ( HERE WE GO ) is the lights! They kinda suck when you are on these winding Vermont mountain roads at night! Whats your favorite upgrade? Bulbs, piaa's? Dont be sayin SLOW DOWN! I asked a couple weeks ago about seat favorites and the responce was great! I need to go to a large dealer out of state or the next ridein or? to check these things out live. I dont mean to be soundin ungreatful or whineing here,,,,, but whats up with the surging? Is there a pill for that too? Alright,,, no more complaining,,, I REALLY love everything about the bike!!! AND,,, no tickets yet!
    Butch
  2. Waco

Waco Renegade Sickle Hound

Oddometer:
    Aux lights is probably the most common topic here if you look through the old posts. I personally use the Hella FF100 kit from Santa Cruz BMW, www.bmwsantacruz.com, with an Autoswitch, www.autoswitch.com, wired to the turnsignal cancel switch. The switch that comes with the kit is no good. Don't bother installing it. Mine lasted 150 miles. The wiring harness works perfect with Wunderlich bars, I don't know if they fit a 1100 GS, though. PIAAs and Motolights, www.motolight.com, are good too.:dood
  3. Mully

Mully Kineticist

Oddometer:
    Forget the bulbs. Waste of money. Go straight for driving lights. My fave: PIAA 910's & autoswitch on RCU or Zanzibar mount. Get yer ass down to the Yankee Beemers' "Damn Yankees" rally in Mass August 9-11 and check out the equipment. See the "Where and When" section on the www.bmwmoa.org web site for details.

Surging? Autolite 3923's, a careful throttle body synch, good fuel, maybe a TPS adjustment and that's about as good as yours is going to get. The main thing it prolly needs is *miles* - lots of progressively harder miles, to bed the rings. They get better with miles.

Welcome to the asylum!

mully