950 Super Enduro "Quick Question(s)" Thread...

Discussion in 'KTM 950/990' started by WARRIORPRINCEJJ, Jun 20, 2010.

1. BK.RD.RNR

BK.RD.RNR Torque Stick

Oddometer:
    I just installed the Safari tank on my SE. I want to use the original side panels.

I just need to trim the one inward facing flange on the bottom of the panels, and the two small ones on the front?

Any suggestions for the best method/ tool for removal?
  2. BiggieFalls

BiggieFalls b00b

Oddometer:
    I'm sure there are lots of different ways but I used a bench top belt sander. Seemed to give a clean, straight line.
    BK.RD.RNR likes this.
  3. BK.RD.RNR

BK.RD.RNR Torque Stick

Oddometer:
    That would be nice and easy, unfortunately I don't have access to one of those. I was considering using the dremel and hand sanding, but tough to get a straight line. Suppose I could use the sand paper on a block of wood, going to be a little time consuming though...
  4. BiggieFalls

BiggieFalls b00b

Oddometer:
    I would think a Dremel with a cutting blade could cut pretty straight if you use your thumb or finger as a guide along the opposite side of the plastic, much like drawing a straight line along the edge of a board. Slow and steady though.
    An angle grinder is another possible option.
  5. BiggieFalls

BiggieFalls b00b

Oddometer:
    20190803_180434.jpg
    Not opposite the actual blade, of course, but below it.
    BK.RD.RNR likes this.
  6. Boatman

Boatman Membership has it's privileges ;-) Supporter

Oddometer:

Last ones I trimmed I used a utility knife.... scored it a couple times on both sides and snapped it off.
    BK.RD.RNR and outbacktm like this.
  7. BK.RD.RNR

BK.RD.RNR Torque Stick

Oddometer:
    Hey guys, I have a used Scottoiler setup, and a nearly new set of SMT(?) Racks for sale. B.O. for the oiler, $120(?) shipped CONUS for the racks.

Please pm if interested. Thanks.
  8. Bonnie & Clyde

Bonnie & Clyde Wishing I was riding RTW

Oddometer:
    Quick SE question. Will the 450/525 small bike front wheels fit the super enduro? Maybe the hubs are different? I need a new front hoop but I found a complete 26mm axle ktm wheel with rotor dirt star wheel with new tire for $140 and the rim looks clean
  9. NVTS

NVTS Are you ennen oh eff tee Supporter

Oddometer:
    From memory, the SE has mo' beefy spokes.
    Bonnie & Clyde likes this.
  10. mountaincadre

mountaincadre Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm running a exc 525 front wheel on my 950A, I've done a single disc conversion but yes you can put it straight on a 950se, you'll need to remember to use the spacers from the se but apart from that there's nothing else, the original spokes on a exc wheel aren't as beefy as the se,( think the se may be 9 gauge) , but its unlikely its going to fold when you hit/jump the se, if it's a worry though just buy a set of heavy duty spokes and all will be well.
    Bonnie & Clyde and Boatman like this.
  11. Bonnie & Clyde

Bonnie & Clyde Wishing I was riding RTW

Oddometer:
    It looks like $350 +or- for an excel a60 or did dirt star hoop and heavy duty spoke kit DIY. Woodies are $850+. I do like the heavier gauge spokes that come stock on the SE vs the exc complete wheel. Any secret wheel sources or hoop and HD spokes?

Thanks @mountaincadre @NVTS
  12. snarf

snarf WFO and clueless

Oddometer:
    Yes it will. I have one i use as a spare back and forth between my '10 530 and the SE. the wheel was originally off an 05 525. Bolts right on.
  13. mountaincadre

mountaincadre Long timer

Oddometer:
    Don't know if it's the same your side of the pond but a lot of exc wheels being sold secondhand are already fitted with beefy spokes, if your lucky you might find one for sale that's already been "Beefed up".
  14. alongat

alongat Fesh Fesh

Oddometer:
    I’ve had a look at their photos and it seems like the same design approach we took in terms of the larger impeller and spacer between the water pump housing and the engine side cover. What I don’t know is which water pump housing their kit is meant to use - Ktm did an update to the impeller design around 2010 or so and it uses a completely different shaped water pump housing with different clearances than the previous one you have on your SE. I’d say it’s best to confirm that first and then decide if you want to spend the money. The other thing I don’t know is if they’re using two original water pump housing o-rings for gaskets (by mirroring the o-ring groove).

With that said, I CAN see by photos that they’ve run into similar challenges getting the impeller finish as smooth and dimensionally correct as I’d want it and that’s why we’ve not released ours.
  15. alongat

alongat Fesh Fesh

Oddometer:
  16. alongat

alongat Fesh Fesh

Oddometer:
    Don’t forget that if you have to get a new rear hub, all spoked 950/990/1090/1190/1290 are compatible.
  17. alongat

alongat Fesh Fesh

Oddometer:
    Contact Buchanan spokes and they may be able to help with rims as well.
  18. ADV67

ADV67 Alsace rider

Oddometer:
    These are the KTM part# you need with the larger pump housing and new improved impeller design, fits the SE:

61235055010 Waterpump kit (longer shaft, new design pump joint, bearings, clips, screws, new impeller design with more flow)
    60030027000 Gasket clutch housing
    60030025000 Gasket clutch housing
    60035053000 Gasket water pump housing
    6003515210023 Waterpump housing (new model >2009)
  19. Patrickdunaway

Patrickdunaway Adventurer

Oddometer:
    those of you who have used 690 front wheel in the SE, did you need to shim the rotor? Mine drags on the inside of the caliper with the 690 wheel. Did some research on this site and was hoping for a plug and play...
  20. SpeedyR

SpeedyR SE in the SE

Oddometer:
    speaking of wheels- anyone run a different rear rim on their 950 SE? It comes stock with the Dirt Star 2.50 x 18" which seems to be solid but I may build a second/new rear wheel for my 950 SE and was looking at options. I haven't called around yet but it seems one option is the A60 rear rim but it's only available in a 2.15x18" rear.

Ideally I'd like to have something like a Woodys Superlace but using my stock hub. Might just order the OE 2.50" rear rim and spokes and go from there unless there's a better option...
    alvincullumyork likes this.