1. AVOID SCAMMERS!
      (1) Do not transact without protections in place! Different payment options may limit your payment protection
      (2) Use a payment service like PayPal WITH (!) purchase protection.
      (3) Terms like 'Friends and Family' are a warning that NO payment protection exists.
      (4) Avoid transactions with new members with no history and "family or friend of friend" offers.
      (5) If you do not understand the payment method you're being asked to use; stop and do not proceed until you do
      (6) If you receive a suspicious private message, click the "report" link and let us know!
    LISTINGS MUST INCLUDE: Price, Location, Product Description(s) and NO Links to CL or EBAY or your post will not be allowed. Read the rules!

Sold 99 BMW R1100RT ABS (SW Ohio) --- SOLD

Discussion in 'Bikes' started by witttom, May 25, 2021.

1. witttom

witttom Tom Witt

Oddometer:
    Gorgeous 1999 BMW R1100RT ABS, 84k-miles, full touring machine with new tires, lots of accessories and extras. Starts easy, sounds great, rides great, superb stopping power, very comfortable and capable of all-day cruising or cross-Continental touring.

02.jpg

$2999 $SOLD. I'm really looking more for a trade, but would be willing to sell if someone put the cash in my hands. Keep reading for more trade info.

03.jpg 04.jpg
    00.jpg 01.jpg

Bought this motorcycle back in March, thinking that I would get back into cross-country touring, and this Sport-Tour would be the perfect choice. Invested a lot of time and money into bringing it up to par both cosmetically and mechanically, and making it an incredibly nice sport-touring machine. Except after logging a few hundred miles in the saddle, I'm finding that it's just not the right bike for me. It's much more TOUR than it is sport.

Pros:
    - New Michelin Pilot Road tires
    - Remus Exhaust
    - Brand new NOS/BMW windshield (+original)
    - PIAA lights
    - Throttlemeister Cruise Control
    - BMW Model-Specific Expandable Tankbag
    - AeroFlow Headlight Protector
    - SAE Battery Connector
    - Several GoPro Camera mounts
    - Two BMW/Powerlet 12V accessory ports
    - Aftermarket cockpit panel/dash for accessories.
    - BMW Fender Extender
    - New brakes front/rear +Fluid flush
    - Stock BMW Luggage Rack and Panniers/Saddlebags
    - BMW Topbox
    - Adjustable Height Saddle

Cons:
    - Crack in front turn signal lens
    - Right mirror has crack
    - Power up/down windshield switch not working (guessing it's the electric motor)
    - Small tear in seat

07.jpg 08.jpg 09.jpg

Well cared for. Zero leaks. I have a small stack of maintenance documents from previous owner(s). Cadre Cycles in Cincinnati gave it a clean bill of health two years ago when previous owner took it in for service/maint/checkup. It's only had a few hundred miles put on it since, as the previous owner's health insurance forbid him from riding motorcycles.

Located in Ross Township, West of Hamilton, just outside of Millville Ohio (Google it). ....or about 40-minutes Northwest of Cincinnati, if you need a big city for orientation. I'm normally pretty flexible. Message me to schedule a time to check it out.

Clean/clear Ohio title, in my name.

TRADES (that's what I'm really looking for)
    Interested in trades of all kinds, up/down/sideways, but at the top of my list would be a modern 4-stroke dirt bike (or pair) with electric start, 400cc+ street-legal supermoto, a quality zero-turn mower, or a car for my teenager... an AWD Subaru Legacy or Impreza w/ timing chain engine (will consider timing belts, if recently replaced), 4-door Euro sedan like a BMW 3-series or Audi A3 etc. Be willing to add boot for the right trade.

Also interested in Dual-Sports, Adventure Bikes, Yamaha TW200, Suzuki VanVan 200, maybe a nice Honda Grom, motorcycles of all kinds (I love them all), Quads/ATVs, 5-passenger truck, 2008+ Subaru Tribeca, 2011+ Forester, 2013+ Outback.

[​IMG]
    GCWERK, Paddle007, Bobmws and 4 others like this.
  2. witttom

witttom Tom Witt

Oddometer:
    05.jpg 10.jpg 88.jpg 11.jpg 99.jpg
  3. witttom

witttom Tom Witt

Oddometer:
    Price reduction.
    I really need to move this bike along.
  4. GCWERK

GCWERK n00b

Oddometer:
    I'm interested, to purchase, pm me.
  5. witttom

witttom Tom Witt

Oddometer:
    I took a deposit on it this evening. Sorry. If it falls through for whatever reason, I can let you know.
  6. witttom

witttom Tom Witt

Oddometer:
    Update:
    SOLD
    Appreciate the interest!