_)$

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Fast Ferris, Jan 2, 2008.

1. JB2

JB2 Dirt Of The Earth

Oddometer:
    FB1,

Good on you and Reep for hangin' this for Dave and turning me on to ADVrider.

Gentleman Jim,

Great to see you here too! I noticed that was your first post also.

Dave,

I hope you get the chance to take a trip through Ferris's world here. This does appear to be the place for a guy like you to hang out. Can't tell you how much of an inspiration you are to those of us who ride. Can't even begin to thank you enough for the friendship with open arms. The old man used to always say "Can't never got anything done." You exemplify that statment.

Ride Safe, JB2
  2. Fast Ferris

Fast Ferris Long timer

Oddometer:
    JB2! how cool to see your name pop up, too! this is most excellent. :-)

Denise is just off the phone with Dave. he's at the dealer in Lancaster as we speak, in typical fashion EXACTLY right on time. hope someone's there with a digital camera. :-)
  3. Fast Ferris

Fast Ferris Long timer

Oddometer:
    well, at least ONE digital camera was there! this set of pix is courtesy of Steve Slaughter on the badweatherbikers.com board - thx Steve!!!

says Slaughter:

Jerry - gotta say THANKS for the heads up - what a great guy and TRUE enthusiast! ...

... Great guy! Weather today is pure scheise - wind, rain, cold and getting worse. Doubt that we would have even had more people show up if it were a formal welcoming since it is just miserable here.

Steve, the thx are all mine. thanks SO much for being there for Dave. the smile on his face says it all. :-)

[​IMG]
    Dave Barr and Steve Slaughter, with Dave's record-setting Siberia Sportster, Antelope Valley H-D/Buell, Lancaster, California, 01/06/2008.

- photo by scott_h from ADVrider
  4. Fast Ferris

Fast Ferris Long timer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

- all photos Sunny and Slaughter
  5. strikingviking

strikingviking Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey Dave--When you read this thread, please note the hit counts and realize that many of us here were with you in spirit. You may not realize it but you have touched the lives of so many, inspiring us all in some way to take on new challenges. Considering the chain-reaction your book started with me...
    All the best,
    Glen Heggstad
  6. scott_h

scott_h Scott Supporter

Oddometer:
    Lancaster, Peoples Republic of Kalifornia
    It was good seeing Dave today. I had some prior commitments, but managed sneak away and visit with him for a few minutes. Steve, Scott and I helped him unload then I needed to take off, unfortunately. I got a few pics that were pretty much the same as Steve's and this one of Dave and me.

[​IMG]

Thanks again for the head's up Ferris. Take care and ride safe!
  7. Fast Ferris

Fast Ferris Long timer

Oddometer:
    most excellent, Scott, thx for taking the time to hook up with Dave, and you're very welcome. great photo!

Welcome Home Dave and Luke!!

Ferris & Denise :-):-)
  8. Fast Ferris

Fast Ferris Long timer

Oddometer:
    very nice SV, thank you. :-)
  9. Fast Ferris

Fast Ferris Long timer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    - photos by Bill Kilgallon/Reep
  10. Fast Ferris

Fast Ferris Long timer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    Dave Barr, Mark Mederski/AMA, Lance Oliver/AMA, and AMA staff photographer. 1/2/2008

- photo by Bill Kilgallon/Reep
  11. JB2

JB2 Dirt Of The Earth

Oddometer:
    Reep, I just talked to Dave and said to tell you your books are on the way and to thank you for helping out with the video footage.

To the guys who were at Lancaster yesterday... Dave would like to have some hard copies of the photos you guys took. He requested to NOT send them via e-mail because he can't print at home. His mailing address is on his website or you can ping me or Ferris for the info.

Thanks, JB2
  12. Fast Ferris

Fast Ferris Long timer

Oddometer:
    one more shot of Dave's "Around the World" Harley-Davidson at the AMA museum 1/2/2008:

[​IMG]
    - photo by Bill Kilgallon/Reep

folks, there's a MARVELOUS photo-essay on Dave's day at the AMA here:

http://www.badweatherbikers.com/cgibin/discus/show.cgi?tpc=6817&post=1039616#POST1039616

(dial-up beware, lots of hi-res pix but WELL worth the effort), all taken by Bill Kilgallon, aka Reep.

the quality of the photography is stunning (as you've already seen in the pix posted above) and i hope y'all take the time to check them out.

thx again to everyone involved in this deal, including everyone who has posted on this thread, and most of all to Dave Barr for being such an inspiration.

ride to lean,
    Fast Ferris
  13. scott_h

scott_h Scott Supporter

Oddometer:
    Lancaster, Peoples Republic of Kalifornia
    I'll mail him a set this Wednesday.

Scott
  14. JB2

JB2 Dirt Of The Earth

Oddometer:
    Scott,

You're the man! I know Dave will appeciate it and he's the type of guy that'll drop you a line or give you a call to thank you in person.

Thanks again, JB2
  15. reepicheep

reepicheep Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I sent him a *big* box of hardcopy prints this afternoon. There will be more on the way when I find somebody that will take a little more care in the printing then the normal bulk labs. I also included CD and DVD digital copies, both the stills, and about 300 mb of digital video I took when I had the chance (between juggling the two other cameras :) ).

Can't wait for the books! Very cool!

Thanks again JB2, and thanks for being there Jerry. It was an opportunity that I will remember for a lifetime, thats for sure!
  16. bross

bross Where we riding to? Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just got off the phone with Dave, ordered both his books and DVDs. As someone suggested in the thread "Tell them ADVRider sent you." So I did, and he said, "You know, I'm not the best with computers, I just plunk along, but a friends coming over Friday to help him sign up to ADVRider!" :deal :clap

He was just as all of you who have met him described. I can't wait for the books now. :norton
  17. JB2

JB2 Dirt Of The Earth

Oddometer:
    BROSS,

Good on you for ordering the books. You won't regret it. Quite honestly my friendship with Dave started with a phone call to order books. I was quite surprised to get the man himself when it was answered. It's been a very cool journey since.

Reep,

Just noticed your post. Way too cool!

JB2
  18. Fast Ferris

Fast Ferris Long timer

Oddometer:
    excellent!!!
  19. Fast Ferris

Fast Ferris Long timer

Oddometer:
    also excellent, and you're very welcome. :-)
  20. JB2

JB2 Dirt Of The Earth

Oddometer:
    D,

Is that you? The famous and elusive D. of FB & D? At least you know how to spell nutz! Do you know something we don't? Is Dave lurking? :wave Hi Dave! Started reading "Riding the Edge" (for the third time) just to stay up with Reep's (Bill Killgallon) education as he reads it for the first time.

JB2